Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Chris Cuomo the Harasser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Cuomo the Harasser

This is breaking on multiple news sites on the Internet today. Chris Cuomo is being accused of sexual harassment by his former boss at ABC. Granted the accusation is from 2005 but we know there is no statue of limitations on the impact on your life with sexual harassment claims. He's probably legally safe but otherwise he's exposed.

I'm wondering if there are other accusers that are going to start coming forward. I wonder if this will make his bosses at CNN reconsider employing him.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

The only reason he was an anchor on CNN was because of who his brother is. Now that his brother has been disgraced and forced to step down I'm surprised that "Fredo" still had a job.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I think it is always a good thing when the liberals own schemes and tactics turn around and bite them on their own rears. #metoo takes out another liberal.

When will liberals learn that "do as I say not as I do" doesn't work?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I think it is always a good thing when the liberals own schemes and tactics turn around and bite them on their own rears. #metoo takes out another liberal.

When will liberals learn that "do as I say not as I do" doesn't work?
        They get away with it for so long. I'm not just talking about sexual predatory behavior, but being the big champion of raising taxes so that everyone can pay their supposed fair share, while also among the worst tax cheats. And when their escapades do get exposed all they ever have to do is pay the original amount due. No interest. No penalty. No fees. Effectively an interest free loan payable only if someone notices.

Ask Timothy Geithner. Or Tom Daschle. Or Claire McCaskill. Or Hilda Solis and Nancy Killefer. Even Charlie Rangel, who's violations were so many and so egregious (and he chaired the committee that wrote tax laws) that he was forced to step down as chair, merely had to pay the back taxes.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          The only reason he was an anchor on CNN was because of who his brother is. Now that his brother has been disgraced and forced to step down I'm surprised that "Fredo" still had a job.
          Starting to look like CNN is going to turn a blind eye to yet another Fredo ethics scandal -- just like did to his receiving preferential treatment from New York state for Covid tests, or lying about staying quarantined when he was sick with it, or was a member of his brother's crisis control team, giving him advice but not telling anyone (CNN literally called it "inappropriate" and said that Fredo "will not participate in such conversations going forward." That was it.) as well as a number of lesser offences.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
            I wonder if this will make his bosses at CNN reconsider employing him.
            You're joking, right?
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

You're joking, right?
              No. If the NY state Democratic establishment could turn on and get rid of Andrew, it's not outside the bounds of possibility that CNN will dump Chris. Admittedly they may just wait and not renew his contract.
              "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

No. If the NY state Democratic establishment could turn on and get rid of Andrew, it's not outside the bounds of possibility that CNN will dump Chris. Admittedly they may just wait and not renew his contract.
                I don't know exactly why they turned on Andrew, but it almost certainly had nothing to do with what he was accused of. There was something else driving that. Apparently someone decided he was a political liability and used the sexual harassment accusations to force him to step down. We know this is the case because even credible accusations of sexual harassment in and of themselves are not enough to force a liberal to resign in disgrace (Bill Clinton and Joe Biden are two prominent examples that immediately spring to mind; also Virginia lieutenant governor Andrew Fairfax).

I don't think Fredo has any political liability, and since he's still a useful mouthpiece for the left, I don't see why CNN would feel compelled to let him go.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I don't know exactly why they turned on Andrew, but it almost certainly had nothing to do with what he was accused of. There was something else driving that. Apparently someone decided he was a political liability and used the sexual harassment accusations to force him to step down. We know this is the case because even credible accusations of sexual harassment in and of themselves are not enough to force a liberal to resign in disgrace (Bill Clinton and Joe Biden are two prominent examples that immediately spring to mind; also Virginia lieutenant governor Andrew Fairfax).

I don't think Fredo has any political liability, and since he's still a useful mouthpiece for the left, I don't see why CNN would feel compelled to let him go.
                  Don't underestimate just how much Andrew Cuomo was despised by those who worked with him.

Comment