Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

His Master's Voice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Why are Dems so darned worried about election audits? Just what is it they are trying to hide?
    I want to know why when Trump says "Jump" Gov. Abbot obediently obeys like a good little poodle.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Yup. The Democrats keep acting like they've got something to hide and are actually afraid of what will be uncovered. They should welcome another chance to laugh at Trump
      Interesting point somebody made the other day on the radio --- "do the Dems LOOK like they're confident in their future?"

AND, I was at a Hispanic forum after a funeral yesterday, and it wasn't a political thing - but the local Hispanics were talking about the growing Hispanic population that will vote Republican this year - because of the border.

The guy who was most vocal was angrily pointing out that he and his wife spent FIFTEEN YEARS going through proper channels before they became US Citizens from Mexico.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I think you in danger of attempting to derail this thread. The very fault for which you criticise me.
        You sure have gotten testy lately.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I want to know why when Trump says "Jump" Gov. Abbot obediently obeys like a good little poodle.
          Because you have a very active and misguided imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

Yes, public money, from what I've read.

It is now being widely reported that the Arizona audit has confirmed that Biden won the state. And the audit INCREASED Biden's margin of victory. Perhaps Trump is so desperate for an audit victory that he ordered the Texas audit so that he can have an "audit victory" of sorts. Or, he is playing 4 or 5 dimensional chess and we just don't have the intellect to understand his brilliance. Trump does, after all, have a "very, very large brain", or so he says...

Classic ploy. Keep fanning the flames. Keep repeating the lie. Keep the sycophants and lackeys in line with the fear that if they do not oblige they might lose out in the next round of elections.
            "It ain't necessarily so
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

That's nice for you. I want to know what Democrats and people like you are so worried about being revealed by an audit.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

That's nice for you. I want to know what Democrats and people like you are so worried about being revealed by an audit.
                I am not worried in the slightest I just found it amusing that like a well trained dog, Abbott reacted to hearing His Master's Voice[ as it were].
                "It ain't necessarily so
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I am not worried in the slightest I just found it amusing that like a well trained dog, Abbott reacted to hearing His Master's Voice[ as it were].
                  Hence, the misguided imagination. You create things at which you can be amused.

Comment

I would suggest perhaps wasting public money? Unless I am wrong and this investigation is being financed entirely by donations from Republican party members and donors
                    When does the government NOT waste public money? It's what they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Interesting point somebody made the other day on the radio --- "do the Dems LOOK like they're confident in their future?"

AND, I was at a Hispanic forum after a funeral yesterday, and it wasn't a political thing - but the local Hispanics were talking about the growing Hispanic population that will vote Republican this year - because of the border.

The guy who was most vocal was angrily pointing out that he and his wife spent FIFTEEN YEARS going through proper channels before they became US Citizens from Mexico.
                      Typically those who worked hard and did the right thing to immigrate here legally are amongst those the most upset by open borders and amnesties every decade or so.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        When does the government NOT waste public money? It's what they do.
                        It's always telling when a leftist suddenly gets concerned about the government spending money.

If it was the Democrats wanting the audit they would claim the money spent was a "stimulus."

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Typically those who worked hard and did the right thing to immigrate here legally are amongst those the most upset by open borders and amnesties every decade or so.
                          Absolutely - like being in line at a really really good BBQ place for over an hour* and somebody shows up and just goes to the head of the line.

Only way worse.

*While Mrs CP and I were in Nashville in June, we had always been hearing about this fabulous BBQ place, and we actually waited in line for nearly an hour before being seated, and.... the BBQ was "just OK".

Comment

It's always telling when a leftist suddenly gets concerned about the government spending money.

If it was the Democrats wanting the audit they would claim the money spent was a "stimulus."
                            Don't you mean "infrastructure"

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Absolutely - like being in line at a really really good BBQ place for over an hour* and somebody shows up and just goes to the head of the line.

Only way worse.

*While Mrs CP and I were in Nashville in June, we had always been hearing about this fabulous BBQ place, and we actually waited in line for nearly an hour before being seated, and.... the BBQ was "just OK".
                              Did that at a fancy seafood restaurant many moons back. People were standing outside with a 30 to 45 minute wait. I walked in, gave them my name, and moments later the group I was with (who were grumbling about how they weren't going to wait and wanted to leave) were being taken to a just made available table. The glares we got from everyone standing in the lobby were rather intense.

Am I big celebrity? Nope.

Did I give the hostess a big tip? Nope.

I just did something that had gone out of style as old fashioned during the late 80s-early 90s. I made a reservation.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Don't you mean "infrastructure"
                                A stimulus for infrastructure.

Comment