Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Woke Stasi...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    However, there are examples of people who sincerely believe they are in the wrong body.
    Hence my chicken analogy. It comes from a song "making the best of a bad situation". Kind of a joke, that somebody thinks they're a chicken, but it's OK, cause we can always use the eggs.

Obviously, there will be no chicken eggs from somebody just because they believe they're a chicken.
    No matter how much they SINCERELY believe they're a chicken, they're not gonna lay chicken eggs.

Years ago, I arrested Jesus Christ.
    Dressed the part as you see in movies and such, he got off a train in our town, and was looking for his dog.
    He appeared to actually believe he was Jesus, so much so, that our city doctor was convinced this guy actually thought he was Jesus.

I also arrested Superman. He didn't call himself that, but obviously thought he was in the way he acted, tragically resulting in his death as he tried to fly off the roof of a 10 story building and splattered all over the concrete sidewalk below.

(I had actually arrested him previously, but a judge ordered him released because he was not a threat to anybody )
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The word Master is not a pronoun. I have already explained your misunderstanding to you - Pro-nomen [in place of name].
      If an individual wishes to be known by a particular pronoun, or other word or phrase in place of a pronoun, then it is good manners to go along with their wishes however dotty one might think they are. It is all about tact.
      Last edited by Sparko; 09-24-2021, 01:34 PM.

Comment

I am fairly certain I have made similar remarks in the past.
        It's a matter of occurrences --- when a pearl is lost in the piles and piles of poop, so to speak.

At present there is still no complete understanding as to what is the cause.
        Yeah, nobody knows why somebody honestly and sincerely believes them to be a chicken, either, but we don't encourage them to strut around a barnyard.

As to major surgery the issue then arises as to what happens [particularly given that we both seem to consider the present situation may well be to some extent a "fashion trend"] when the individual realises they have made a terrible mistake?
        WOW, we agree again!!! Hold on, and if you're honestly interested in reading up on that, I'll offer a suggestion....

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

You are SO going to get it.

Haven't you SEEN my avatar????
          Yup. You changed it about a week ago. Or at least that's when I think I remember thinking it had changinated.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Yup. You changed it about a week ago. Or at least that's when I think I remember thinking it had changinated.
            Maybe earlier this week?

Because CP's reminded me of that one, and I was hoping to confusinate folks.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Maybe earlier this week?

Because CP's reminded me of that one, and I was hoping to confusinate folks.
              I wasn't sure if it was just the other day or a couple days back.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                I wasn't sure if it was just the other day or a couple days back.
                Fun flies when you're having time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

If an individual wishes to be known by a particular pronoun, or other word or phrase in place of a pronoun, then it is good manners to go along with their wishes however dotty one might think they are. It is all about tact.
                  I agree. However, the word Master is not a pronoun. It is a noun.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  The things that you're liable
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life
                  Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

I agree. However, the word Master is not a pronoun. It is a noun.
                    And zim, zir, zeir etc are just gibberish much less pronouns.

Comment

• I'm always still in trouble again

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        And zim, zir, zeir etc are just gibberish much less pronouns.
                        While I tend to agree, looking at those words they appear to be loosely based on existing pronouns:

zim/him
                        zir/her
                        zeir/their.

Nor should we forget that neologisms are regularly created.
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

While I tend to agree, looking at those words they appear to be loosely based on existing pronouns:

zim/him
                          zir/her
                          zeir/their.

Nor should we forget that neologisms are regularly created.
                          Those are also existing because some nut jobs made them up.

Please try to keep up.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Well to some extent I agree with you - this sudden rise in transgenderism does make me wonder how much of it is led by fashion and the insidious effects of social media.

However, there are examples of people who sincerely believe they are in the wrong body.
                            I wonder how much is fashion, and how much is desire to be safely "oppressed"

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Those are also existing because some nut jobs made them up.

Please try to keep up.
                              You consider neologisms such as Google/Googling, spam, omnishambles, Tebowing [something of particular relevance to the USA] crowdsourcing, or cyberspace to be in existence "because some nut jobs made them up"?

How interesting.
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I wonder how much is fashion, and how much is desire to be safely "oppressed"
                                I have no idea.

I do consider that among some of the younger generation in particular this is possibly a fashion stance. Social media is especially pernicious for so many of its younger users.
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment