Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Woke Stasi...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Woke Stasi...

    So now these students will be forced to repeat a lie - that a man is a woman or a woman is a man...


    A university in Pennsylvania told students that "action could be taken" against them if they do not respect their classmates’ preferred pronouns.

    Point Park University’s Office of Equity and Inclusion notified incoming students of its "Misgendering, Pronoun Misuse, and Deadnaming Policy" in an email first obtained by Campus Reform.

    It stated that "any individual who has been informed of another person’s gender identity, pronouns, or chosen name is expected to respect that individual."

    It said "action could be taken" if a complaint is filed regarding the policy.

    https://www.foxnews.com/us/universit...wrong-pronouns
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

  • #2
    Originally posted by seer View Post
    So now these students will be forced to repeat a lie - that a man is a woman or a woman is a man...

    My general opinion on pronouns is this:

    Lets keep stuff down to 3 sets. He/him, She/Her, They/Them.

    We should do our best to minimize dissonance. It is reasonable to expect people to use the pronoun of the gender that someone presents themselves as. Someone presenting themselves to the world as a man? He/Him. A woman? She/Her. Inconsistent, back and forth, entirely mixed? They/Them.

    What's not reasonable is to expect the population at large to change their basic speaking congnition process. Expecting that cognitive change is unrealistic and unreasonable. It is not reasonable to invent new pronouns and expect people to seamlessly use them. It's not reasonable to force cognitive dissonance when speaking about someone who's pronoun doesn't match what they put themselves forward as. It invites mistakes and offense. The same goes for the recently invented pronouns. It's not reasonable to expect the population to think or even use them. Nor is it reasonable to expect people to essentially keep a catalogue of people and what pronoun they want to use. We already recognize that remembering people's names is a skill not everyone has, and expecting that compounding that with extra details people need to remember is not reasonable.

    Comment


    • #3
      Maybe one kid will decide everyone has to call him, "Der Fuhrer" and see what happens.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by seer View Post
        So now these students will be forced to repeat a lie - that a man is a woman or a woman is a man...

        The best way to deal with that is to start using it yourself in order to highlight the ridiculousness of it. People should start demanding that they be addressed by increasingly ridiculous titles and report any professor who refuses to do so and publicly demand that "action be taken." I'd also advise using longer and longer pronouns by hyphenating several words together to create one word -- your preferred pronoun. Abuse the %#&@#% out of it.



        I'm always still in trouble again

        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          The best way to deal with that is to start using it yourself in order to highlight the ridiculousness of it. People should start demanding that they be addressed by increasingly ridiculous titles and report any professor who refuses to do so and publicly demand that "action be taken." I'd also advise using longer and longer pronouns by hyphenating several words together to create one word -- your preferred pronoun. Abuse the %#&@#% out of it.

          This is a public university - I believe it is a free speech issue.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by seer View Post

            This is a public university - I believe it is a free speech issue.
            During the time it takes to be settled in the courts clobber them with ridiculous "pronouns" and make others, including private institutions, think twice about following suit.

            Use the left's "guerilla theater" against them.

            I'm always still in trouble again

            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

            Comment


            • #7
              Henceforth and forthwith, I require all twebbers to use my chosen pronoun: "His Majesty, the Great and Honorable Lord King of Theologyweb, Captain Supreme of the Seven Seas and Keeper of the Royal Bacon"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Maybe one kid will decide everyone has to call him, "Der Fuhrer" and see what happens.
                Imagine the riots if someone insisted that their preferred pronoun was master and demanded to be addressed that way by everyone.

                I'm always still in trouble again

                "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Henceforth and forthwith, I require all twebbers to use my chosen pronoun: "His Majesty, the Great and Honorable Lord King of Theologyweb, Captain Supreme of the Seven Seas and Keeper of the Royal Bacon"
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    During the time it takes to be settled in the courts clobber them with ridiculous "pronouns" and make others, including private institutions, think twice about following suit.

                    Use the left's "guerilla theater" against them.
                    And it would take a brave student to bring a suit...
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by seer View Post
                      And it would take a brave student to bring a suit...
                      Get some group to pay for the tuition for the first quarter at a public college doing this crap. He's there to rabble rouse so no need for books etc.

                      When I was in school I helped to organize a school walkout in Junior High over bussing. When we moved here I helped organize a riot over the crappy food (primarily the "Surfopatties" and tomato puree, the latter of which decorated the cafeteria walls that day). In High School, no demonstrations or riots but several "actions."

                      And my "fingerprints" were never on a thing. Nothing was ever traced back to me.

                      I always got away with the stuff I did[1]. Got plenty cocky as a result and my burgeoning adrenaline rush addiction was pushing me into more and risky (as in getting caught) outrageous acts. Putting a teacher's VW on the roof of the gym, locking a greased pig fed ex-lax in the library overnight, dropping thousands of ball bearings in the halls connecting the three sections of the school just as the bell ran... The last day of school a vice principal gave me a pass to leave if I just left without doing something... memorable. Smart move.

                      "Guerilla theater"? Yeah. I can tell you how to do it.











                      1. Conversely I got blamed for a bunch of stuff that I had nothing to do with.

                      I'm always still in trouble again

                      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Get some group to pay for the tuition for the first quarter at a public college doing this crap. He's there to rabble rouse so no need for books etc.

                        When I was in school I helped to organize a school walkout in Junior High over bussing. When we moved here I helped organize a riot over the crappy food (primarily the "Surfopatties" and tomato puree, the latter of which decorated the cafeteria walls that day). In High School, no demonstrations or riots but several "actions."

                        And my "fingerprints" were never on a thing. Nothing was ever traced back to me.

                        I always got away with the stuff I did[1]. Got plenty cocky as a result and my burgeoning adrenaline rush addiction was pushing me into more and risky (as in getting caught) outrageous acts. Putting a teacher's VW on the roof of the gym, locking a greased pig fed ex-lax in the library overnight, dropping thousands of ball bearings in the halls connecting the three sections of the school just as the bell ran... The last day of school a vice principal gave me a pass to leave if I just left without doing something... memorable. Smart move.

                        "Guerilla theater"? Yeah. I can tell you how to do it.











                        1. Conversely I got blamed for a bunch of stuff that I had nothing to do with.
                        You liberal, you.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          You liberal, you.
                          Hell raiser was more like it.

                          It's was always a bad thing when I got bored.


                          But in all honesty I did read both Abbie Hoffman and Jerry Rubin to better understand the psychology of doing such stunts. Psy Ops

                          I'm always still in trouble again

                          "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Get some group to pay for the tuition for the first quarter at a public college doing this crap. He's there to rabble rouse so no need for books etc.

                            When I was in school I helped to organize a school walkout in Junior High over bussing. When we moved here I helped organize a riot over the crappy food (primarily the "Surfopatties" and tomato puree, the latter of which decorated the cafeteria walls that day). In High School, no demonstrations or riots but several "actions."

                            And my "fingerprints" were never on a thing. Nothing was ever traced back to me.

                            I always got away with the stuff I did[1]. Got plenty cocky as a result and my burgeoning adrenaline rush addiction was pushing me into more and risky (as in getting caught) outrageous acts. Putting a teacher's VW on the roof of the gym, locking a greased pig fed ex-lax in the library overnight, dropping thousands of ball bearings in the halls connecting the three sections of the school just as the bell ran... The last day of school a vice principal gave me a pass to leave if I just left without doing something... memorable. Smart move.

                            "Guerilla theater"? Yeah. I can tell you how to do it.



                            1. Conversely I got blamed for a bunch of stuff that I had nothing to do with.
                            Back in high school we did a walk out (68 or 69?) against the war. I wasn't against the war (I enlisted two years later) but this hot chick I liked was organizing it, so....
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by seer View Post

                              Back in high school we did a walk out (68 or 69?) against the war. I wasn't against the war (I enlisted two years later) but this hot chick I liked was organizing it, so....
                              During the walkout over bussing the principal, violating every safety code known, padlocked all the exits (if I had been thinking it would have been the perfect time to pull the fire alarm and watch him explain to the fire department why all of the exits were chained shut -- can you say "criminal charges"?).

                              Or so they thought. They forgot about those in the gym because they never used them. So I herded everyone out that way. Several hundred got out before they blocked it.

                              The Vice Principal who was despised as a thug patrolled the outside of the school looking for anyone outside so he could suspend them. My best buddy and I went up to one of the art classes and poured some paint and glue into a balloon. We waited for him to pass beneath.

                              Got him on the shoulder and back of the head.

                              Again since nobody actually witnessed me doing anything and I wasn't one of those who left I never got into any trouble.

                              And since many of those that left were considered the "good kids" the suspensions were dropped.

                              I'm always still in trouble again

                              "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Gondwanaland, Yesterday, 03:02 PM
                              1 response
                              78 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Mountain Man  
                              Started by CivilDiscourse, 10-17-2021, 01:58 PM
                              3 responses
                              55 views
                              1 like
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by Cow Poke, 10-15-2021, 11:30 AM
                              15 responses
                              127 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by Cow Poke, 10-15-2021, 10:20 AM
                              8 responses
                              66 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Cow Poke  
                              Started by CivilDiscourse, 10-15-2021, 09:43 AM
                              14 responses
                              160 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post CivilDiscourse  
                              Working...
                              X