Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Irondome Defunding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

For which the Palestinian and Israeli leaders seemingly share equal blame.

Maybe Bellisario had his finger on the pulse.
    But for which pretty much only the Palestinians suffer. What with Israel being the occupying force.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
      There is no reason we should be sending billions of dollars (for this and other aid) to Israel to protect them while they commit ethnic cleansing.
      Oh... I thought you were going to say "while we do nothing to protect our own borders."
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And they 'guys at the bottom' who get their water shut off, homes bulldozed, olive trees razed, buildings and city blocks blown to smithereens, children blown up on the beach, etc....
        Not to mention all the times the Palestinian military massacres its own citizens and then blames it on Israel.

Comment

If we are going to support foreign countries with defense funding, then I would think that the Iron Dome would be one of the best uses of that money. It is a purely defensive system, it defends everyone, Jews, Christians and Muslims living there, and it is needed as we saw earlier this year when Hamas bombarded them with missiles. And it actually works.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            If we are going to support foreign countries with defense funding, then I would think that the Iron Dome would be one of the best uses of that money. It is a purely defensive system, it defends everyone, Jews, Christians and Muslims living there, and it is needed as we saw earlier this year when Hamas bombarded them with missiles. And it actually works.
            Not to mention what they develop we get the benefits of their work and research.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Not to mention what they develop we get the benefits of their work and research.
              Yep. And it doesn't hurt to have an ally in the region where nearly everyone hates the west and especially the USA. Biden seems determined to make sure the USA has no presence in the middle east at all, and that everyone in the world hates us and wants us dead.

Comment

Yep. And it doesn't hurt to have an ally in the region where nearly everyone hates the west and especially the USA. Biden seems determined to make sure the USA has no presence in the middle east at all, and that everyone in the world hates us and wants us dead.
                Putin is chortling with glee as he's been eager to replace us.

FWIU, Biden has also put a halt on various parts of the Abraham accord and other treaties with Middle Eastern nations that were made with Israel under Trump.

It's like he is desperate to return to the 70s with skyrocketing gas prices, double digit inflation and various shortages. Now it's like he wants increased tensions in the Middle East and another war between the Muslims and the Israelis.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

FWIU, Biden has also put a halt on various parts of the Abraham accord and other treaties with Middle Eastern nations that were made with Israel under Trump.

It's like he is desperate to return to the 70s with skyrocketing gas prices, double digit inflation and various shortages. Now it's like he wants increased tensions in the Middle East and another war between the Muslims and the Israelis.
                  I think it is TDS, just like with all the other liberals. He is bound and determined to reverse every single thing Trump accomplished, no matter whether it was good or bad. I can't wait till he starts pissing off North Korea.

Comment

Only if Xi doesn't beat him to it. It has been China's dream for decades to be the economic and political axis around which the rest of the world turns, and with Joe in the White House, they are closer than ever to realizing that dream.

Comment

But for which pretty much only the Palestinians suffer. What with Israel being the occupying force.
                      Wow. I'd never have pegged you for an anti-Semite
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Not to mention all the times the Palestinian military massacres its own citizens and then blames it on Israel.
                        Not very prevalent unlike some like to make it out to be, but certainly an issue. But then, our own government isn't so lily-white in that respect.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Oh... I thought you were going to say "while we do nothing to protect our own borders."
                          Nah, ethnic cleansing and apartheid is a bit of a bigger deal than some not wanting brown people to cross the border.

Comment

Having an ally in the region doesn't mean we have to be their sugar daddy while they ethnically cleanse and put in place an apartheid state.

Comment

Having an ally in the region doesn't mean we have to be their sugar daddy while they ethnically cleanse and put in place an apartheid state.
                              And yet this "ethnic cleansing" is only taking place in one of two areas which should, if everything was solely in Israel's hands, be treated in the same way.
                              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                              Scripture before Tradition:
                              but that won't prevent others from
                              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Wow. I'd never have pegged you for an anti-Semite
                                WOw, I'd never have pegged you for being so dense that you think opposing Israel's policies of apartheid and ethnic cleansing against the Palestinians makes one an 'anti-semite'. Now that's a level of brainwashing that takes some effort to achieve. Here's a hint: actual Israelis, as well as Jews around the world, oppose what the country has been doing for decades. That doesn't make them self-hating anti-semites, that makes them human beings with a working conscience and the ability to recognize wrongful and atrocious acts by a government. But thanks for showing how far down the rabbithole you are that your kneejerk response to even the slightest criticism of Israel is "you're an anti-Semite". Very revealing.

Comment