Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

AOC's "Tax The Rich" Dress Designer Has Tax Warrants In Multiple States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post

You've got to hand it to her though; she's one of the greatest social media grifters I've ever seen. Either that or millennial progressives are just that dumb.
    Both?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Yep. The mayor of San Fransisco got caught a couple days ago at a crowded night club where she and everyone else were unmasked, dancing and signing, in violation of her own city's mask mandate ordinances. It's all the same with these folks. "rules for thee but not for me"
      She was actually quoted saying "We don't need the fun police".

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/san-francisco-mayor-london-breed-maskless-nightclub-mandate-fun-police

"My drink was sitting at the table. I got up and started dancing because I was feeling the spirit and I wasn't thinking about a mask," Breed explained. "I was thinking about having a good time and in the process I was following the health orders."

Breed added, she and fellow club-goers "don’t need the fun police to come in and micromanage and tell us what we should or shouldn’t be doing."

"The fact that this story became about me and less about the artists and nightlife, which I will continue to enjoy in San Francisco, is very unfortunate," she told reporters.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

She was actually quoted saying "We don't need the fun police".

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/san-francisco-mayor-london-breed-maskless-nightclub-mandate-fun-police

"My drink was sitting at the table. I got up and started dancing because I was feeling the spirit and I wasn't thinking about a mask," Breed explained. "I was thinking about having a good time and in the process I was following the health orders."

Breed added, she and fellow club-goers "don’t need the fun police to come in and micromanage and tell us what we should or shouldn’t be doing."

"The fact that this story became about me and less about the artists and nightlife, which I will continue to enjoy in San Francisco, is very unfortunate," she told reporters.

© Copyright Original Source

I think everyone with a set of balls in San Fransisco (I know, not going to be many) should go about flagrantly breaking the mask mandate and when confronted, just quote her.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

I think everyone with a set of balls in San Fransisco (I know, not going to be many) should go about flagrantly breaking the mask mandate and when confronted, just quote her.
          That will likely work about as well as invoking the Geithner defense for not paying income tax.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

You've got to hand it to her though; she's one of the greatest social media grifters I've ever seen. Either that or millennial progressives are just that dumb.
            Those are not mutually exclusive.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment