Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

FAA grounds Fox News drones near where thousands of illegals gather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Interestingly enough, I think there are a number of Feds who are thumbing their nose at Biden, especially since Governor Abbott has made his own commitment to them, and they are maintaining their "brothers in arms" relationship with the Texas Border Patrol.

(I have reason to believe that our Texas guys have assured the Feds that "Abbott is dead serious")
    But what happens in a [*time to give me brudder the shivers*] "Beto" O'Rourke Administration?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      But what happens in a [*time to give me brudder the shivers*] "Beto" O'Rourke Administration?
      Interestingly enough, Biden seems to be turning quite a few of our Hispanic voters into Republicans!

"Beto" is still trying to figure out what Drive-a-Lincoln Matthew is gonna do.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• It was just the sort of distraction they wanted

Source: Blaming the Border Patrol Worked Out Well for Biden and Harris

At the risk of sounding even more cynical than usual, I suspect the Biden administration sees the entire public controversy over the nonexistent “whipping” of Haitan illegal immigrants as a resounding success.

The sudden reversal on the part of Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas is the tell. Appearing with U.S. Border Patrol Chief Raul Ortiz in Del Rio on September 20, Mayorkas initially expressed skepticism that any border patrol agents had whipped Haitian migrants. “To ensure control of the horse, long reins are used, but we are going to investigate the facts to ensure that the situation is as we understand it to be, and if it’s anything different we will respond accordingly.”

But four days later at the White House, Mayorkas completely adopted the false narrative that agents under his command had whipped human beings. “Those images painfully conjured up the worst elements of our nation’s ongoing battle against systemic racism. We have been swift and thorough in our response… We ceased the use of horse patrol units in the area. The agents involved in these incidents have been assigned to administrative duties and are not interacting with migrants while the investigation is ongoing.”

If you’re Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, or anyone in the administration, you’re extremely uncomfortable with a lengthy period of public attention upon border security or illegal immigration. That discussion reminds people that Biden pledged to “ensure that the U.S. meets its responsibilities as both a nation of laws and a nation of immigrants” and declared, “the U.S. has a right and a duty to secure our borders and protect our people against threats.” So far, Biden, Harris, and their staff have done a terrible job in achieving those goals. A crowd of 10,000 migrants in Del Rio is a vivid demonstration that the administration has completely failed to secure the border or stem the tide of migrants. On the campaign trail, Biden vehemently denied that he believed in open borders. But for all extents and purposes, the Biden administration’s policy is a porous border and catch-and-release for many of those who are caught trying to sneak across. Even if Biden doesn’t believe in open borders, his policies are close enough.

A lengthy period of public attention upon border security or illegal immigration would be more bad news for an administration that is not exactly awash in goodwill and positive momentum, after Afghanistan, lingering inflation worries and seemingly endless spending negotiations on Capitol Hill.

But if you’re Biden, Harris, or anyone in the administration, you’re extremely comfortable with a discussion about racism, and racism and cruelty in law enforcement, particularly in the enforcement of U.S. immigration laws. That’s intensely familiar territory for everyone involved, basically a rehash of accusations from during the Trump administration. Biden and Harris get to emote, shake their heads, decry the inhumanity, and along the way, act like they’re not actually in change of the law enforcement agencies that are allegedly doing these terrible things. And they get the shift the perception of the problem from 10,000 illegal immigrants camped under a bridge to the image of two Haitians and a border patrol agent on a horse.

By talking about the nonexistent whipping, Biden and Harris – and eventually, Mayorkas – managed to shift the issue from the real-life problem of a massive migrant camp to the nonexistent problem of Border Patrol agents whipping migrants. And obviously, it’s a lot easier to solve nonexistent problems.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It was just the sort of distraction they wanted

Source: Blaming the Border Patrol Worked Out Well for Biden and Harris

At the risk of sounding even more cynical than usual, I suspect the Biden administration sees the entire public controversy over the nonexistent “whipping” of Haitan illegal immigrants as a resounding success.

The sudden reversal on the part of Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas is the tell. Appearing with U.S. Border Patrol Chief Raul Ortiz in Del Rio on September 20, Mayorkas initially expressed skepticism that any border patrol agents had whipped Haitian migrants. “To ensure control of the horse, long reins are used, but we are going to investigate the facts to ensure that the situation is as we understand it to be, and if it’s anything different we will respond accordingly.”

But four days later at the White House, Mayorkas completely adopted the false narrative that agents under his command had whipped human beings. “Those images painfully conjured up the worst elements of our nation’s ongoing battle against systemic racism. We have been swift and thorough in our response… We ceased the use of horse patrol units in the area. The agents involved in these incidents have been assigned to administrative duties and are not interacting with migrants while the investigation is ongoing.”

If you’re Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, or anyone in the administration, you’re extremely uncomfortable with a lengthy period of public attention upon border security or illegal immigration. That discussion reminds people that Biden pledged to “ensure that the U.S. meets its responsibilities as both a nation of laws and a nation of immigrants” and declared, “the U.S. has a right and a duty to secure our borders and protect our people against threats.” So far, Biden, Harris, and their staff have done a terrible job in achieving those goals. A crowd of 10,000 migrants in Del Rio is a vivid demonstration that the administration has completely failed to secure the border or stem the tide of migrants. On the campaign trail, Biden vehemently denied that he believed in open borders. But for all extents and purposes, the Biden administration’s policy is a porous border and catch-and-release for many of those who are caught trying to sneak across. Even if Biden doesn’t believe in open borders, his policies are close enough.

A lengthy period of public attention upon border security or illegal immigration would be more bad news for an administration that is not exactly awash in goodwill and positive momentum, after Afghanistan, lingering inflation worries and seemingly endless spending negotiations on Capitol Hill.

But if you’re Biden, Harris, or anyone in the administration, you’re extremely comfortable with a discussion about racism, and racism and cruelty in law enforcement, particularly in the enforcement of U.S. immigration laws. That’s intensely familiar territory for everyone involved, basically a rehash of accusations from during the Trump administration. Biden and Harris get to emote, shake their heads, decry the inhumanity, and along the way, act like they’re not actually in change of the law enforcement agencies that are allegedly doing these terrible things. And they get the shift the perception of the problem from 10,000 illegal immigrants camped under a bridge to the image of two Haitians and a border patrol agent on a horse.

By talking about the nonexistent whipping, Biden and Harris – and eventually, Mayorkas – managed to shift the issue from the real-life problem of a massive migrant camp to the nonexistent problem of Border Patrol agents whipping migrants. And obviously, it’s a lot easier to solve nonexistent problems.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Have you noticed, though, how many labor leaders Biden is ticking off? The guy who is speaking out so harshly against Biden, Brandon Judd, is the head of the National Border Patrol Council, which is, indeed, a union.

nbpc.png
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Have you noticed, though, how many labor leaders Biden is ticking off? The guy who is speaking out so harshly against Biden, Brandon Judd, is the head of the National Border Patrol Council, which is, indeed, a union.

c3fc28f9-e313-4ee5-afae-98e906ff3ea4.jpg
            Police unions. BP unions. The left is more than willing to toss them under the bus.

Fixed the image too
            Last edited by rogue06; 09-29-2021, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Police unions. BP unions. The left is more than willing to toss them under the bus.

Fixed the image too
              Thanks - the guy on the horse is clearly caning those poor people.

Comment

• Texas braces for surge of 60,000 Haitian migrants

AUSTIN, Texas — State officials are bracing for what could be the largest surge of migrants ever to attempt to enter the country illegally from Mexico, weeks after thousands of Haitians did so.

While border security falls under the federal government's responsibility, the Biden administration has significantly reined in the Border Patrol and Immigration and Customs Enforcement. This has resulted in fewer deportations and many people being released into the United States after illegally crossing the border, potentially incentivizing more illegal migration. Overwhelmed Border Patrol agents have been pulled from the border to process people in custody, leaving the border unguarded in many regions.

Texas government and law enforcement leaders have stepped up efforts to make up for the federal government's absence, and leaders spent the weekend preparing for a possible rush of more than 60,000 Haitian migrants. Most of the Haitians have traveled from South America to cross the border rather than traveling to a port of entry.

The number of Haitian migrants headed to the U.S. could be four times the size of the group that made it across in Del Rio last month, leading to chaos as 15,000 people camped out under an international bridge waiting to be taken into federal custody.

Comment

FAA grounds Fox News drones near where thousands of migrants are sheltering under a bridge

drone.jpg

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) instituted a two-week flight restriction over the city of Del Rio, Texas, late Thursday — preventing Fox News from operating a drone that it had been using to capture images of thousands of migrants sheltering under a bridge as they wait to be picked up by Border Patrol.

The FAA’s website said the temporary flight restriction (TFR) over the Del Rio Port of Entry and the International Bridge was put in place for “special security reasons,” but did not elaborate.

In a statement, the FAA said, “The Border Patrol requested the temporary flight restriction due to drones interfering with law enforcement flights on the border. As with any temporary flight restriction, media is able to call the FAA to make requests to operate in the area.”

Interestingly enough, the "law enforcement flights" in the area are operated by the Texas Department of Safety, and they are now carrying Fox News crews aloft to video what the drones no longer can.

Reportedly, there are about 8,000 in this makeshift refugee camp under the bridge, with 10,000 more illegals on the way.

fox-news-drone-del-rio-texas-1.jpg
                  Lots of drones are a problem for flight safety in general, and most areas have restrictions on their use - altitude limits and restricted air space around airports. So I doubt this is anything other than a prudent reaction to 'too many to be safe'.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Lots of drones are a problem for flight safety in general, and most areas have restrictions on their use - altitude limits and restricted air space around airports. So I doubt this is anything other than a prudent reaction to 'too many to be safe'.
                    Welcome back Ox. I hope your time away from the forum has been healthy for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Well, it was quickly retracted, so I think it was exposed as a control tactic. Supposedly, it was so that the drones would not interfere with the Border Patrol Helicopters. So, right away, the Border Agents started taking the reporters up in their helicopters.

I think it became clear that this was just a "we don't want you to see what's going on" kind of thing.

Comment

• The "drone restriction" has been an interesting thing....

FAA grants network clearance after grounding drones that exposed thousands of migrants under Texas bridge

Long story short, the FAA supposedly grounded the drones because of a complaint from "The Border Patrol", then lifted the restriction when Fox News applied for clearance, and local Border Patrol claims they never made such a request to ground the drones.

The restriction comes as Fox News National Correspondent Bill Melugin has displayed aerial drone footage of the rising numbers of migrants. Officials, including Republican Sen. Ted Cruz and Democratic Del Rio Mayor Bruno Lozano, have raised alarm bells about the growing migrant situation, with as many as 10,503 people reportedly gathering under the bridge.

"The Border Patrol requested the temporary flight restriction due to drones interfering with law enforcement flights on the border. As with any temporary flight restriction, media is able to call the FAA to make requests to operate in the area," the FAA wrote in a statement to Melugin.

The meeting I was in with the Office of Attorney General of Texas assured me that their guys at the border never made such a request, so maybe somebody in DC did.

I really don't know.

Comment

A small group of border agents on horseback trying to keep a larger group who seem determined to ignore them from continuing on. Considering all the hysteria I've heard on the MSM I expected to see people being whipped (as was often reported), but after seeing video on several channels, I haven't seen that. Pretty much the worst was the one man twirling his reign in a circle -- for which there is a legitimate reason for doing so.

The MSM, in their ignorance of anything that isn't from downtown in an urban area, after studiously ignoring how old Joe had been ignoring cries for help from Customs and Border Protection for months as they were being overrun which forced the use of mounted units (and with the "Border Czar" Kamala Harris MIA too busy attending football games thousands of miles from the border) often claimed that they were using whips and likening it to the days of slavery and the Fugitive Slave Act.

In fact, I don't know if there has been a single anchor on either CNN or MSNBC that hasn't claimed the Haitians were whipped by the riders which does not seem to be the case. Ironically, NBC often corrected some of the falsehoods being spewed on their sister station noting that those were reins not whips, that riders often use long reins in such situations because they offer better control of the horses which is crucial in situations like this so nobody gets accidentally trampled.

Or as Julio Rosas of the Washington Examiner and Townhall.com reported:

“Agents use their reins for a lot of reasons. Primarily it's used to steer the horse, but agents will also spin them sometimes to deter people from getting too close to the horse. If they get too close, the horse can step on them, breaking bones or causing other injures. Agents also need to maintain control of their reins so they don’t lose control of the horse, which can cause injures to immigrants, the agents, and the horses.

We are not aware of anyone being struck with the reins.”

As a final note, these Haitian refugees aren't all helpless innocents either. NBC Nightly News and correspondent Morgan Chesky reported

And tonight, we learned authorities have already deported about a thousand migrants back to Haiti. And on one of those flights, sources say a group assaulted three ICE agents and pilots. Just the latest signs of rising tension from the border.

An attempted hijacking.

And on Fox there was a report about how some, while onboard a bus, seized control of it then "forced their way off of it, and ran into the brush." Apparently they were all later apprehended.

But yeah, go on ahead and keep getting everything you know about what is happening here from your TYT videos and the Hollyweird movies and TV shows so you can continue to entertain everyone with what you know about America.
                          It looks like despite being cleared old Joe is going to punish the border agents anyways.

Comment