Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mike Lindell and Jim Bakker Telethon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whag View Post

I didn’t say that telethon had anything to do with that image. That picture is just an expression of how crazy the Trump cult has become. Not that I needed to guild the lily.
    But you posted it without any statement that it was unrelated. Thinking it had something to do with Lindell and Bakker would be the natural interpretation. It would have been better to add a comment of "not made by Lindell and Baker, but..." before posting the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      Well, I have to admit, Trump looks like a mere mortal. He'd lose in a fight.
      The mocking image you posted was constructed by Obama's opponents, and hence your call for mockery reduces to the claim that it's okay to mock him because we're mocking him.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
        But you posted it without any statement that it was unrelated. Thinking it had something to do with Lindell and Bakker would be the natural interpretation. It would have been better to add a comment of "not made by Lindell and Baker, but..." before posting the picture.
        This is valid criticism, Whag.

Between the link to the story and the image, it should have been obvious before posting that the image was always going to attract more attention. That said, if there's a story behind the image, it seems to me to be at least as compelling as any story of two crazy grifters grifting crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          So looking it up, the billboard has nothing to do with Mike Lindell.

https://www.newsweek.com/billboard-h...eorgia-1628789

So I find that very misleading and dishonest of you Whag. Shame on you.
          The billboard is not a parody, which leads to the next obvious question, who, what ... I mean, where do you find people, Christians even, who would put up a sign like that, as versus descending in a mob to tear it down?
          Fort Oglethorpe is part of both Catoosa County and Walker County. Both counties are part of Georgia's 14th congressional district which is represented by Marjorie Taylor Greene.

Okay, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

He's probably both, a good guy and nutty. He doesn't seem dangerous, so no bother.
            I feel sorry for the guy as it is obvious that he is having severe difficulties adjusting to the reality that old Joe is the president. He's taken the whole Not My President mantra that was so popular on the left these past four years to another level

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I think you'll find many Republicans believe that election was stolen and Trump is still president.
              Soooo like many of the Democrats who believed that the election was stolen and Hillary was president. Hillary herself, went around for years making that claim.

Many also believe Trump is supernaturally sent.
              A tiny fraction compared to what we saw with the Obamessiah.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                That sign is blasphemous beyond words.
                It's so far over the top I'm surprised that Lindell or even Bakker would be a part of that

ETA: I see from further posts that whag was dishonestly associating the billboard to them.
                Last edited by rogue06; 09-16-2021, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

The mocking image you posted was constructed by Obama's opponents, and hence your call for mockery reduces to the claim that it's okay to mock him because we're mocking him.
                  I can provide scads of images and statements from those who kneeled before the Obamessiah if you like

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

So looking it up, the billboard has nothing to do with Mike Lindell.

https://www.newsweek.com/billboard-h...eorgia-1628789

So I find that very misleading and dishonest of you Whag. Shame on you.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      I can provide scads of images and statements from those who kneeled before the Obamessiah if you like
                      You have.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You have.
                        B-but I'm always finding more and am always eager to include them in the next posting of the collection to illustrate what actual unadulterated veneration and worship of a president really looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          ETA: I see from further posts that whag was dishonestly associating the billboard to them.
                          Yes, but he is unconvincingly claiming that he never intended to imply any such association.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I didn’t say that telethon had anything to do with that image. That picture is just an expression of how crazy the Trump cult has become. Not that I needed to guild the lily.

BTW, since Eugenia Scott tweeted about that billboard, it’s come down. Eugenia Scott is a famous opponent of intelligent design and super experienced with Christian fundamentalist nuttiness.

But the way you posted it, with just a link and that photo it was misleading and made people think that Lindell made the billboard. And you did nothing to correct anyone when they took it that way. That's dishonest.

I agree Lindell sounds like a nut reading the article and watching the video. You should have just quoted the article and linked the video.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              That's it. I'm burning My Pillow.
                              Glad I didn't.

Comment

BTW, since Eugenia Scott tweeted about that billboard, it’s come down. Eugenia Scott is a famous opponent of intelligent design and super experienced with Christian fundamentalist nuttiness.

You're not a bad guy, Whag. Why not just admit you should have been more forthright about the origin of the billboard?

Comment