Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Gen Milley: Traitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Gen. Jack Keane (sp.?) was defending Milleystone on Fox News today.
    OK, that's weird - he's usually straight up.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      You are asking for trouble if you put a traitor at the very top of your chain of command.
      True, but I don't think he has the mental wherewithal to be an actual traitor, at least willingly. Crazy Joe might be a traitor by proxy via the people that pull his strings, but he isn't mentally competent enough to be one himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

They didn't like each other much, though. Funny, Eisenhower was far more fond of Churchill, said he was possibly the greatest man he ever met.
        Montgomery always resented Ike being selected as Supreme Allied Commander.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You are asking for trouble if you put a traitor at the very top of your chain of command.
          Are you referring to Milley? Or old Joe?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
            Sure. See United States v. Greathouse:
            https://law.resource.org/pub/us/case...cas.0018.2.pdf

"The term “enemies,” as used in the constitutional clause defining treason (Const, art. 3, § 3), applies only to subjects of a foreign power in a state of open hostility with us; it does not embrace rebels in insurrection against their own government."

We are not in a state of open hostility with China. There is no declaration of war or authorization of force. The mere fact there's so much trade between the two countries that is permitted by both governments is sufficient to disprove that. In fact, if China does qualify as an enemy, that means that basically anyone owing loyalty to the US who does any kind of business with or in China is guilty of treason.

As noted, the Soviet Union during the Cold War didn't qualify as an enemy in the sense of the Constitution. It's why the Rosenbergs (or other spies for the Soviet Union that were caught) were never charged with treason. If the Soviet Union during the Cold War didn't qualify, then China sure as heck doesn't.

Even if China is not a friend to the US (in the colloquial usage of the term or any other), that does not make them an enemy for the purpose of the Treason Clause.

If so, then the onus is on the US government to declare that it qualifies as an enemy. It has not.
            Fine, I'm not picky. Charge the swine with "espionage" and then throw him off a cliff.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Are you referring to Milley? Or old Joe?
              I think you should stop listening to grumpy right wing lying politicians and their supporters in the fascist media. Instead, bring some joy to the world and be helpful.

I am taking Emma’s advice and maintaining a positive mental attitude in adversity.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

I think you should stop listening to grumpy right wing lying politicians and their supporters in the fascist media. Instead, bring some joy to the world and be helpful.

I am taking Emma’s advice and maintaining a positive mental attitude in adversity.
                If you've been paying attention it isn't just your supposed "grumpy right wing lying politicians and their supporters in the fascist media" that realize just how badly bungled Biden's Afghanistan retreat was -- including many of our allies. Gotta wonder how many of them are now thinking that maybe a bunch of mean tweets wasn't the worst thing in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  If you've been paying attention it isn't just your supposed "grumpy right wing lying politicians and their supporters in the fascist media" that realize just how badly bungled Biden's Afghanistan retreat was -- including many of our allies. Gotta wonder how many of them are now thinking that maybe a bunch of mean tweets wasn't the worst thing in the world.
                  The Doha Agreement was signed by the Trump Administration. That set the ball rolling but the collapse of the Afghan gov. and security forces while US troops still there was unexpected.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

The Doha Agreement was signed by the Trump Administration. That set the ball rolling but the collapse of the Afghan gov. and security forces while US troops still there was unexpected.

As Defense Secretary Mark Esper put it in March 2020, Doha “is a conditions-based agreement.” If “we assess that the Taliban is honoring the terms of the deal,” including “progress on the political front between the Taliban and the current Afghan government,” the U.S. will “reduce our presence toward a goal of zero...

Facts, dude, not fake news.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

...but the collapse of the Afghan gov. and security forces while US troops still there was unexpected.
                      false.jfif
                      It was triggered because our troops were NOT there ---- Crazy Joe pulled them while leaving Americans and allies behind.

Anybody with half a brain should be able to see that pulling out the way we did was an absolute moronic - and FATAL - thing to do.
                      Last edited by Cow Poke; 09-17-2021, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                        Does Rachael know she's been traded in for a younger model?

https:⁄⁄external-content.duckduckgo.com⁄iu⁄?u=http%3A%2F%2Frussia-insider.com%2Fsites%2Finsider%2Ffiles%2Fstyles%2Fs400%2Fpublic%2Fmain%2F2016-Nov-10%2Fdownload_1.jpeg%3Fitok%3DTy30rvWk&f=1&nofb=1
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Comment

At the start of the Biden Administration, there were only 2500 US troops left in Afghanistan. During the terminal phase, Biden built numbers back up to 7000 to secure the airport and get people out.

Comment

I love them both.

Comment

At the start of the Biden Administration, there were only 2500 US troops left in Afghanistan.
                                Doing a GREAT job, keeping the peace, no US or allied deaths.

During the terminal phase, Biden built numbers back up to 7000 to secure the airport and get people out.
                                You kinda skipped the part where he only sent more troops in because he screwed up major big-time, having withdrawn the troops in a chaotic retreat, created a crisis, got 13 service members killed, then left, leaving thousands of Americans and friendlies behind.

If Trump had done that, you'd be screaming bloody murder.

Comment