Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"My body, my choice."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "My body, my choice."

Is this picture what you had in mind when you first saw the title of this thread?

Attached Files
    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

nope
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The rampant hypocrisy of the left cannot accept such contradictory information. Their puny, programmed minds cannot compute.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

The rationalization is that the China flu vaccines are not intended for your own protection but for the protection of others, and that you are being selfish if you exercise your right not to be subjected to an experimental injection. The premise here is that killing one's own unborn baby is a wholly personal decision and nobody else's business, while whether or not you get "The Jab" is, counter-intuitively, everybody's business. Of course this begs the questions: If you've gotten the vaccine, and you believe that it is really as safe and effective as the propaganda suggests, then what do you care if I get it?
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Near as I can tell, consideration for others is supposed to be a large part of a Christian's raison d'etre. Particularly in circumstances where children are too young to be vaccinated.
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

You miss the irony of the title of the thread.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
              Near as I can tell, consideration for others is supposed to be a large part of a Christian's raison d'etre. Particularly in circumstances where children are too young to be vaccinated.
              Leaving aside the fact that the vaccines don't actually stop you from contracting the China flu, don't stop you from spreading it (in fact, studies show that the vaccinated can carry a higher viral load and are therefore more infectious than the unvaccinated), and don't guarantee you won't become deathly ill (either from a "break through" infection, or from a side effect of the vaccine itself), one wonders how far we should be willing to take this raison d'etre. Should we self-quarantine, wear masks, and practice social distancing for the rest of our lives based on nothing more than the possibility that we could unknowingly be harboring an infectious disease that could prove deadly to someone else?

Comment

[QUOTE=Mountain Man;n1302965]

Leaving aside the fact that the vaccines don't actually stop you from contracting the China flu, don't stop you from spreading it (in fact, studies show that the vaccinated can carry a higher viral load and are therefore more infectious than the unvaccinated), and don't guarantee you won't become deathly ill (either from a "break through" infection, or from a side effect of the vaccine itself), one wonders how far we should be willing to take this raison d'etre.

Each of those applies to a person has not been vaccinated, with a substantially higher risk than with people who have been vaccinated. It comes down to doing the best we can.

Should we self-quarantine, wear masks, and practice social distancing for the rest of our lives based on nothing more than the possibility that we could unknowingly be harboring an infectious disease that could prove deadly to someone else?
                If I have good reason to believe that I have been exposed (even though I have been vaccinated), I will do so - and present myself for testing in short order.
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

I strongly believe that people who oppose mandatory vaccination should not use the phrase "my body, my choice". It is an odious phrase used to support infanticide, as well as a selfish view in general (whereas Christianity tell us to die to self; I can't see Jesus using a phrase like that). Anyone who tries to "reclaim" the phrase, is essentially granting that there is merit to the phrase and the concept in the first place. Even if you convince somebody of your point of view by convincing somebody that the phrase is good philosophy, you have unwittingly strengthened a core argument used by the pro-abortion lobby.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I also loathe the phrase. However, it, justifiably, points out the hypocrisy of the left in trying to force vaccination, or use phrases that cause those who choose not to get vaccinated to feel as if they are second-class citizens. Including this country's own PM, who, at a campaign stop where there was a protest against the suggested mandates of passports, referred to the protesters as "those people", as if their opinions don't matter.

Trudeau's announcement of $1 billion in federal funding for provinces to implement a COVID vaccine passport was the main issue for many protesters. Trudeau has also openly called for and proudly supports the medical segregation of the unvaccinated.

Advocates for vaccine passports for commercial flights and interprovincial trains say the implementation of such a policy will avoid putting vaccinated travellers "at risk," despite reports that indicate that fully vaccinated people can still spread COVID regardless.

Trudeau calls these restrictions of liberty in Canada "consequences" for not making the "right choice." He added at a gun policy announcement that it is "unfortunate" that the unvaccinated are "clogging up" medical resources and taking them away from those who "did their work," i.e. got vaccinated.

After demonizing the protesters as "those people" in a speech last week, Trudeau has tried to not show his face in public as it draws large crowds of hecklers.

Despite the media's attempt to demonize any critics the prime minister faces in person, in response to his announced policies, there have not been any acts of violence at any of the protests. Throughout this past summer, however, there were over 50 churches burned down in response to news of the unmarked graves on the grounds of former residential schools in B.C. Trudeau's former principal secretary and best friend, Gerry Butts, called the arsons "understandable." Trudeau himself, after several churches had burned, was pressured into make a statement after receiving backlash from Canadians. As of now, there is no current federal investigation into the churches that were burned.

https://www.rebelnews.com/trudeau_ne...ccine_passport

That smacks of totalitarianism, and can't be tolerated.

So it's a matter of context, imo.

Comment

[QUOTE=tabibito;n1302971]
                      Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Leaving aside the fact that the vaccines don't actually stop you from contracting the China flu, don't stop you from spreading it (in fact, studies show that the vaccinated can carry a higher viral load and are therefore more infectious than the unvaccinated), and don't guarantee you won't become deathly ill (either from a "break through" infection, or from a side effect of the vaccine itself), one wonders how far we should be willing to take this raison d'etre.

Each of those applies to a person has not been vaccinated, with a substantially higher risk than with people who have been vaccinated. It comes down to doing the best we can.

If I have good reason to believe that I have been exposed (even though I have been vaccinated), I will do so - and present myself for testing in short order.
                      So just to make sure we are on the same page here, you are stating that you are in fact willing to do these things for the rest of your life?
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

You missed the first point that one has good reason to question if the vaccine itself could pose a greater risk to an individual than the disease it is meant to prevent.

On the second point, we're not talking about cases where you know you've been exposed but what you should do in general in the more likely scenario where you don't know you've been exposed. Should we just make it a habit to always act like we're contagious with something and forgo close human contact? Is that what you think Christianity demands?
                        Last edited by Mountain Man; 09-12-2021, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          I strongly believe that people who oppose mandatory vaccination should not use the phrase "my body, my choice". It is an odious phrase used to support infanticide, as well as a selfish view in general (whereas Christianity tell us to die to self; I can't see Jesus using a phrase like that). Anyone who tries to "reclaim" the phrase, is essentially granting that there is merit to the phrase and the concept in the first place. Even if you convince somebody of your point of view by convincing somebody that the phrase is good philosophy, you have unwittingly strengthened a core argument used by the pro-abortion lobby.
                          Not really, because when it comes to abortion, we're not talking about the woman's body but the body of the human life that is growing in her uterus. So, yes, your body, your choice, but that doesn't grant you the right to kill an innocent human life that resulted from your choice to have sex.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Not really, because when it comes to abortion, we're not talking about the woman's body but the body of the human life that is growing in her uterus. So, yes, your body, your choice, but that doesn't grant you the right to kill an innocent human life that resulted from your choice to have sex.
                            I agree that it does not logically follow but most people don't think logically. We don't need to prop up a slogan that the vast majority of people associate with something else.

Comment

[QUOTE=KingsGambit;n1302991]

So just to make sure we are on the same page here, you are stating that you are in fact willing to do these things for the rest of your life?
                              With masking up, certainly. I have lived in places where people routinely wear masks even if they have only a mild sniffle. It is no inconvenience (and in winter, it can be a good way to keep your face warm.) As for self isolation and testing - I expect that with time, it would only be necessary if exposure was confirmed.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment