Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

That drone strike on the ISIS terrorist after the Kabul attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
    What is POC?
    Piece Of Crap

Comment

Perfected Operations Center

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Double tap strikes were indeed routine, especially under Obama. Don't try rewriting history.
        Nobody's rewriting anything - I've never done a deep dive into drone strikes, and I've clearly said I don't believe we should have gone into Afghanistan in the first place.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
          The entire covert drone-strike program (which also happens in Pakistan, Yemen, Libya, Syria, Somalia, and probably others) not only kills innocent civilians, but is probably the best way for the U.S. to breed more terrorists.

I can only imagine how I'd feel if my family was wiped out by drones fired off by a foreign force occupying my neighborhood. But every president has allowed this to continue. Every. Single. One.

What gives?

https://time.com/6099470/afghan-drone-strike/
          When I'm feeling especially sour on our foreign interventions cum nation building, I refer to them as the trillion-dollar terrorist training camps. As I remember vividly (though repeated attempts over the years have failed to find a link to the story), the first rocket attack by the insurgency against our forces in Iraq was launched from the back of a horse cart.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
            Perfected Operations Center
            Proof of Concept

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

When I'm feeling especially sour on our foreign interventions cum nation building, I refer to them as the trillion-dollar terrorist training camps. As I remember vividly (though repeated attempts over the years have failed to find a link to the story), the first rocket attack by the insurgency against our forces in Iraq was launched from the back of a horse cart.
              I personally like the various old pickups converted into mobile artillery or missile launchers. Saw a video of someone firing a large piece of artillery from one that pretty much ripped the back end of the vehicle.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                I personally like the various old pickups converted into mobile artillery or missile launchers. Saw a video of someone firing a large piece of artillery from one that pretty much ripped the back end of the vehicle.
                Or the dude who burns the American flag and catches his own clothes on fire, or fires a shoulder-fired weapon and gets knocked on his butt...
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Or the dude who burns the American flag and catches his own clothes on fire, or fires a shoulder-fired weapon and gets knocked on his butt...
                  Or catches his buddies foolishly standing a couple feet behind him in the back blast.

But seriously, some of those Road Warrioresque pickups are actually kind of ingenious.

Comment

Or catches his buddies foolishly standing a couple feet behind him in the back blast.

But seriously, some of those Road Warrioresque pickups are actually kind of ingenious.
                    Was it Patton who is credited with saying "don't tell a soldier how to do his job - tell him the mission, and he'll amaze you with his ingenuity". (or something like that)

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Was it Patton who is credited with saying "don't tell a soldier how to do his job - tell him the mission, and he'll amaze you with his ingenuity". (or something like that)
                      Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.

He was my father's idol and role model having served under him in Europe.

Comment

This isn't from the one I'm thinking of but gets the point across.

Comment

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.

He was my father's idol and role model having served under him in Europe.
                          My dad, too.

Ummmm.... since you be me brudder.... um....

Comment