Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

That drone strike on the ISIS terrorist after the Kabul attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Kabul vs. not Kabul.

It's not like you've got a reputation to protect.
    Nor you, 'cept for being a jerk.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Using the definition that allows for a 20 year war means that WWII has been going on for something like 80 years now since we are still "occupying" Okinawa.
      Well, we haven't been bombing Okinawans for 80 years....

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

With all the evidence that was publicly available, I don't see how they could have plausibly denied it.
        Fairly easy. Just get MSM not to cover it, and any independent outlet that does, accuse them of being Taliban collaborators or sympathizers, like they did at the start of the war -- "You're either with us, or with the terrorists."

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Well, we haven't been bombing Okinawans for 80 years....
          But we've declared "peace" (or at least that the war is over) and are still encamped there.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            But we've declared "peace" (or at least that the war is over) and are still encamped there.
            Yet haven't been murdering the natives for decades. Unlike Afghanistan

Comment

Yet haven't been murdering the natives for decades. Unlike Afghanistan
              OK, we agree on a lot of things, but on this you seem a bit... over the top.

Do you honestly believe we purposely targeted civilians for the purpose of killing them?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

OK, we agree on a lot of things, but on this you seem a bit... over the top.
                Rather, I'm exactly as outraged by the atrocities committed as YOU, someone who claims to be pro-life, should be.

Do you honestly believe we purposely targeted civilians for the purpose of killing them?
                Er...... yes? Duh? What a profoundly ignorant and naive question. I'd expect that from H_A, not you. I'm unsure what the heck you think Double Tap drone strikes possibly were, other than EXACTLY that. We literally drone missiled someone, waited for people to come and help the wounded, and FIRED AGAIN. Didn't matter who it was that was coming to help. Didn't matter if it was neighbors coming to help wounded children caught in the blast. Didn't matter if it was paramedics coming to tend to the people we wounded or killed. We fired again, and killed even more.

That's not even counting the 'collateral damage' from just the first strikes. We bombed a wedding fer cripes sakes. (multiple weddings, at that).
                Last edited by Gondwanaland; 09-18-2021, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Rather, I'm exactly as outraged by the atrocities committed as YOU, someone who claims to be pro-life, should be.

Er...... yes? Duh? What a profoundly ignorant and naive question. I'd expect that from H_A, not you. I'm unsure what the heck you think Double Tap drone strikes possibly were, other than EXACTLY that. We literally drone missiled someone, waited for people to come and help the wounded, and FIRED AGAIN. Didn't matter who it was that was coming to help. Didn't matter if it was neighbors coming to help wounded children caught in the blast. Didn't matter if it was paramedics coming to tend to the people we wounded or killed. We fired again, and killed even more.

That's not even counting the 'collateral damage' from just the first strikes. We bombed a wedding fer cripes sakes. (multiple weddings, at that).
                  Thanks. Especially for the civil tone.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Thanks. Especially for the civil tone.
                    You're welcome. Anyone that wouldn't call that murder needs some assistance in finding their marbles.

Comment

You're welcome. Anyone that wouldn't call that murder needs some assistance in finding their marbles.
                      I'm absolutely opposed to drone strikes on legitimate marriages and funerals, or anything where there's likely going to be civilian collateral damage or death, but I don't think that's "routine".
                      I'm sure we'll differ on that, but I don't get angry because you have a differing opinion.

I just wondered, so I asked.

Comment

I'm absolutely opposed to drone strikes on legitimate marriages and funerals, or anything where there's likely going to be civilian collateral damage or death, but I don't think that's "routine".
                        I'm sure we'll differ on that, but I don't get angry because you have a differing opinion.

I just wondered, so I asked.
                        Double tap strikes were indeed routine, especially under Obama. Don't try rewriting history.

Comment

The entire covert drone-strike program (which also happens in Pakistan, Yemen, Libya, Syria, Somalia, and probably others) not only kills innocent civilians, but is probably the best way for the U.S. to breed more terrorists.

I can only imagine how I'd feel if my family was wiped out by drones fired off by a foreign force occupying my neighborhood. But every president has allowed this to continue. Every. Single. One.

What gives?

https://time.com/6099470/afghan-drone-strike/
                          Last edited by Ronson; 09-18-2021, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                            The entire covert drone-strike program (which also happens in Pakistan, Yemen, Libya, Syria, Somalia, and probably others) not only kills innocent civilians, but is probably the best way for the U.S. to breed more terrorists.

I can only imagine how I'd feel if my family was wiped out by drones fired off by a foreign force occupying my neighborhood. But every president has allowed this to continue. Every. Single. One.

What gives?

https://time.com/6099470/afghan-drone-strike/
                            Indeed. I can't imagine any way that I wouldn't be feeling pretty sympathetic toward anyone offering me a chance/training/assistance to get back at the POC people that killed my family. That's not something one tends to forgive over 'condolences' like the general that admitted to this latest attack offered.

Comment

I am assuming the droning will stop in Afghanistan now, but I wouldn't bet a nickel on it.

Comment

Indeed. I can't imagine any way that I wouldn't be feeling pretty sympathetic toward anyone offering me a chance/training/assistance to get back at the POC people that killed my family. That's not something one tends to forgive over 'condolences' like the general that admitted to this latest attack offered.
                                What is POC?

Comment