Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mein Fuhrer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Or more specifically, a "cut."

Bill Clinton perfected that. The Republicans would reduce the rate of growth of some program and he would castigate them for "cutting" funding to it, and of course the MSM obediently went along with the notion that not raising it as much was "cutting" it. Bill would hammer the Republicans on this every chance he got, until one day a reporter actually he called him on it. And how did ol Slick Willy respond? In typical fashion. He claimed that he called it a cut because that's what the MSM called it (overlooking how they merely glommed onto how HE used it)
    Or Clinton could have said "What do you mean by 'is'?"

Comment

More than half of U.S. states vow to fight Biden’s vaccine mandate

Twenty-seven Republican governors or attorneys general have vowed to fight the latest executive order issued by President Joe Biden mandating that over 80 million private employees receive COVID vaccinations or undergo weekly testing, or their employer will be fined.

The executive order directs the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to require private businesses with more than 100 employees mandate that their workers receive both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing. Noncompliance would result in fines of $14,000 per violation.

The governors who’ve expressed opposition include those from Arizona, Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

Republican attorneys general from states with Democratic governors who also vowed to fight include Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron and Louisiana AG Jeff Landry.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, with whom Biden has sparred over mask mandates and vaccine passports, said Florida would fight back.

“When you have a president like Biden issuing unconstitutional edicts against the American people, we have a responsibility to stand up for the Constitution and to fight back, and we are doing that in the state of Florida,” he said. “This is a president who has acknowledged in the past he does not have the authority to force this on anybody, and this order would result potentially in millions of Americans losing their jobs.”

Texas, which is already embroiled in several lawsuits with the Biden administration, vowed to sue. Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said after hearing Biden’s announcement that “Texas is already working to halt this power grab” and Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said Texas would be suing the Biden administration “very soon.”

Missouri Gov. Mike Parson said, “OSHA cannot dictate personal health care decisions for Missourians. Missouri is not under an OSHA state plan, and Parson will not allow state employees to be used to enforce this unconstitutional action.”

South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster vowed to fight Biden, saying, “The American Dream has turned into a nightmare under President Biden and the radical Democrats. They have declared war against capitalism, thumbed their noses at the Constitution, and empowered our enemies abroad. Rest assured, we will fight them to the gates of hell to protect the liberty and livelihood of every South Carolinian.”

Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey said, “Governors don’t report to Joe Biden. Governors don’t report to the federal government, the states created the federal government, and Joe Biden has stepped out of his reach,” Ducey said. “These mandates are outrageous. They will never stand up in court. We must and will push back.”

Indiana Attorney General Todd Rokita indicated he was working with a group of AGs to file a lawsuit. “My team and I, along with other like-minded attorneys general, are reviewing all legal action on how to stand against these authoritarian actions by the Biden administration,” he said in a statement.

The Republican National Committee also announced it was suing “to protect Americans and their liberties” if the proposed rule change were to go into effect.

In response to Republican pushback, White House senior adviser Cedric Richmond, a former Democratic congressman from Louisiana, told CNN the White House expected the opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Or Clinton could have said "What do you mean by 'is'?"
        But he said it so much bettererer....

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            If governors are willing to go to this length to fight vaccine mandates, then I was apparently wrong about more lockdowns coming. Biden admin would be insane to think they could get away with locking the country down under these circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

If governors are willing to go to this length to fight vaccine mandates, then I was apparently wrong about more lockdowns coming. Biden admin would be insane to think they could get away with locking the country down under these circumstances.
              Isn't it great to be wrong on occasion?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Isn't it great to be wrong on occasion?
                I was kind of kidding because I know the Biden admin is this insane (though it's obviously not him pulling the strings).

I knew there would be friction between the left and right in regards to this issue, I just didn't know how it would manifest and how resistant the right would be. And I'm still not 100% sure we're NOT in for another lockdown (it just didn't happen as fast I was anticipating). The elites pushing this agenda aren't going to give up this easily, and so we're in for some terrible times.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I was kind of kidding because I know the Biden admin is this insane (though it's obviously not him pulling the strings).

I knew there would be friction between the left and right in regards to this issue, I just didn't know how it would manifest and how resistant the right would be. And I'm still not 100% sure we're NOT in for another lockdown (it just didn't happen as fast I was anticipating). The elites pushing this agenda aren't going to give up this easily, and so we're in for some terrible times.
                  All those baby-eating elites need your consumerism. Their agenda is that you get vaccinated rather than you not shop anymore.

Comment

The Department of Health and Human Services recently sprang into action to restrict access to therapeutic drugs after several states opened China flu treatment centers and were seeing good results.

The change in HHS approach followed republican governor Ron DeSantis of Florida promoting the use of mAb and opening up dozens of treatment centers throughout his state. Other governors quickly took notice of the effective action plan of DeSantis in Florida and started to follow that path.

As soon as HHS noticed the red state governors were working on a effective treatment alternative to the vaccine approach, HHS appears to have moved in to block it – thereby restricting the treatment pathway in order to enhance the vaccine approach.

[...]

The approach of the federal government moving in to control mAb treatment does not come in a vacuum. When you consider the U.S. federal government approach to dismiss the effective use of Ivermectin as a COVID treatment; and then consider the “vaccine-only” approach is being applied with extreme pressure from within the U.S. healthcare industry – which includes threats against doctors who do not comply with that outlook; a very clear picture is emerging. All treatment approaches are being blocked in order to force people to take the mRNA gene therapy.

It is one thing to demand people take the mRNA gene therapy (aka “vaccine”). It is another thing entirely to block treatment options in order to force vaccination as the only method of survival from infection.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ble-treatment/
                    Last edited by Mountain Man; 09-16-2021, 07:26 AM.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment