Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mein Fuhrer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

I have an email into my Agency's legal department right now with 7 studies referencing natural immunity's benefits along with an argument that if the Post Office is exempt, then it can't be enforceable for any agency. I still don't see how MY decision to trust my own immune system while I am literally 100% telework right now makes me a threat to anyone I work with...

They literally are claiming that these exemptions will prompt "COVID parties" where people intend to get sick.
    How come the Post Office gets a pass? So they will be helpful in the next election?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Didn't we kick y'alls butt for that sort of thinking a few hundred years ago?
      I remember hearing something about one of our colonies getting uppity

Comment

It's times like this that I miss Oxmix and JimL. We could show them what a REAL dictator wannabe looks like.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

That simply sets a dangerous precedent where the government can mandate whatever it wants in terms of your healthcare decisions and threaten your freedom if you don't comply. Who knows how far a tyrant like Joe would be willing to push that.
          I agree. Once the precedent is set, it gets applied even if the circumstances are significantly different. I agree with the medical. We certainly seem to be throwing HIPA into the garbage can.
          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

"We’re going to protect vaccinated workers from unvaccinated co-workers."
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I have an email into my Agency's legal department right now with 7 studies referencing natural immunity's benefits along with an argument that if the Post Office is exempt, then it can't be enforceable for any agency. I still don't see how MY decision to trust my own immune system while I am literally 100% telework right now makes me a threat to anyone I work with...

They literally are claiming that these exemptions will prompt "COVID parties" where people intend to get sick.
              The risk of dying from COVID itself is higher than taking the vaccine, so purposefully catching COVID to avoid the vaccine is idiotic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

He also claimed that only 80 million US citizens are unvaccinated, which sounds like a load of baloney.
                Yeah he mentioned 25% unvaccinated. If that were true, then what's the emergency? That's a lot of people who are vaccinated. What happened to "herd immunity" when we get to 70-80%?

And if the vaccinated are protected from ending up in the hospital, then why does it matter if some people don't want to be vaccinated? It's their lives and their risks. It shouldn't affect those who are vaccinated.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post

I remember hearing something about one of our colonies getting uppity
                  When I read David McCullough's "1776", there was a memorable item was when British troops took New York City. The officers were surprised at how well Americans were living (food, clothing, dwellings, furnishings) relative to Britain. Their surprise translated into considering Americans being spoiled.

Hey, we expect the best and nothing less will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

The risk of dying from COVID itself is higher than taking the vaccine, so purposefully catching COVID to avoid the vaccine is idiotic.
                    Yeah, but using that as an excuse to not exempt those who already caught it and recovered is just plain stupid.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Why are they exempting the Post Office? If anything it makes more sense to force Postal workers to get vaccinated since they are directly interacting with the public, even to touching all the mail they deliver.

Comment

Why are they exempting the Post Office? If anything it makes more sense to force Postal workers to get vaccinated since they are directly interacting with the public, even to touching all the mail they deliver.
                        I bet the union boss warned "don't even THINK about it".
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I bet the union boss warned "don't even THINK about it".
                          OK so according to the NY Post, they are still covered by the 100+ employee mandate to get vaccinated or tested.

Source: https://nypost.com/2021/09/09/usps-exempt-from-biden-vax-mandate-for-100m-workers/

the White House issued a clarification saying that postal workers will have a choice between getting vaccinated and getting tested once a week, just like workers at large companies.

“USPS is not included in the executive order requiring vaccination of Federal employees. USPS has a separate statutory scheme and is traditionally independent of federal personnel actions like this,” a Biden administration official said.

He added: “That said, USPS is strongly encouraged to comply. Also, [the Labor Department’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration] will cover USPS through the [emergency temporary standards], meaning that postal workers will be subject to the vaccination or testing policy announced today.”

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

OK so according to the NY Post, they are still covered by the 100+ employee mandate to get vaccinated or tested.

Source: https://nypost.com/2021/09/09/usps-exempt-from-biden-vax-mandate-for-100m-workers/

the White House issued a clarification saying that postal workers will have a choice between getting vaccinated and getting tested once a week, just like workers at large companies.

“USPS is not included in the executive order requiring vaccination of Federal employees. USPS has a separate statutory scheme and is traditionally independent of federal personnel actions like this,” a Biden administration official said.

He added: “That said, USPS is strongly encouraged to comply. Also, [the Labor Department’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration] will cover USPS through the [emergency temporary standards], meaning that postal workers will be subject to the vaccination or testing policy announced today.”

© Copyright Original Source

A loophole for the union. They may be under a separate statutory scheme, but they still ultimately fall under OPM.
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

...USPS has a separate statutory scheme....
                              don't ya love it when words can be used.....

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Perhaps the USPS donated to the Elect Joe Biden campaign fund?

Comment