Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

An obstetrician's opinion

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

How else would you explain her gross misrepresentation of the law in Texas. Is she STUPID?
    In what specific and exact respects has she misrepresented the law in Texas?
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

See this is how we know you are doing nothing other than regurgitating far left talking points your herdmasters fed you.

The law does not remotely support such a thing. Taxi and Uber drivers are given two addresses, a pickup address and a drop-off address. It's not their business nor their issue where they pick you up, where they drop you, or what your motives are for after you are dripped off.
      As I wrote there may be test cases.
      "It ain't necessarily so
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Hence, H_A's inability to walk us through how the "mercenary" would ever "collect the bounty".
        Absolute total ignorance.
        I actually wrote that I assume the courts will make the award.

Given your use of belittling language and your attempt to distort what I have written, your post looks suspiciously like someone trolling.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

There's nothing to test. You're simply repeating hyperbole your herdmasters told you.

Comment

No, you're, again, exposing your ignorance --- there needs to be the "knowingly" factor. That would have to be proven.
            And if the taxi driver knowingly drove someone to the address of an abortion clinic?

Of course this and all the other possibilities are at present hypotheticals but under this law such cases could be brought. Whether the courts would uphold them is entirely another matter. However, the intimidation factor - i.e. the risk of being sued - is what is shutting down the provision of help for women who cannot afford to go elsewhere. I am sure that many a wealthy Texan who finds their daughter has accidentally become pregnant by her boyfriend will not think twice about going elsewhere to terminate that pregnancy.

"It ain't necessarily so
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Wake up in back. I already noted that at post #145
              It seems our posts "crossed in the ether".
              "It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

And if the taxi driver knowingly drove someone to the address of an abortion clinic?
                the person pursuing the suit would have to have been in the taxi and/or have a listening device to show that such a thing occurred, at the very least.

Comment

In what specific and exact respects has she misrepresented the law in Texas?
                  Read the preceding 14 pages.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

As I have said all along, I think that's the intent of the bill.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I actually wrote that I assume the courts will make the award.
                      Why would you assume that? There has to be a judgment first.

Comment

You have GOT to be kidding. He/she would also have to know that the woman was going there for an abortion, not the thousands of other services the abortion clinic pretends to offer.

It would have to be shown that he knowingly did it, which in Texas law implies complicity.

Of course this and all the other possibilities are at present hypotheticals but under this law such cases could be brought. Whether the courts would uphold them is entirely another matter. However, the intimidation factor - i.e. the risk of being sued - is what is shutting down the provision of help for women who cannot afford to go elsewhere. I am sure that many a wealthy Texan who finds their daughter has accidentally become pregnant by her boyfriend will not think twice about going elsewhere to terminate that pregnancy.
                        OK, walk us through it.... under Texas law, how would this begin.

Step 1....

Comment

the person pursuing the suit would have to have been in the taxi and/or have a listening device to show that such a thing occurred, at the very least.
                          AND, the taxi driver (actually, I believe the example was Uber, which is even more strange, because there's even less interaction) would have to know that the person was going there for the PURPOSE of having an abortion, not just a pregnancy test or something.

Imagine a woman telling her Uber driver, "yes, that address is an abortion clinic, and, yes, I'm about to have an abortion".

Comment

AND, the taxi driver (actually, I believe the example was Uber, which is even more strange, because there's even less interaction) would have to know that the person was going there for the PURPOSE of having an abortion, not just a pregnancy test or something.

Imagine a woman telling her Uber driver, "yes, that address is an abortion clinic, and, yes, I'm about to have an abortion".
                            Excellent point. After all, aren't liberals telling us all the time about how Planned Parenthood does all sorts of services for women?

Comment

CP makes a good point - most PP clinics do things other than abortionsbso the personbeould have to be in the cab or have a listening device and then hear the woman state that she is going there specifically for an abortion. Maybe things are different over in Germany, but over here you exchange pleasantries, maybe a little sports talk, and that'd it. No in depth discussions about your medical decisions/procedures.

Comment

Excellent point. After all, aren't liberals telling us all the time about how Planned Parenthood does all sorts of services for women?
                                Absolutely! I'll have to find that "breakdown" where they super-isolated each "service" so they could claim they provided more "services" than just abortion.

Something like this...

MYTH: Abortions account for only 3% of Planned Parenthood’s services. FACT: Most of of its services are connected to abortions.
                                • To get to its claim that only 3% of its services are abortions, Planned Parenthood counts every “discrete clinical interaction” as a separate service, even if that service is connected to a patient getting an abortion. View Source
                                • An abortion, a pregnancy test, and a prescription would all be counted as separate interactions. View Source
                                • Divide the number of abortions, 321,000, by 9.5 million “separate services,” and you get 3%. Even the Washington Post, a Planned Parenthood ally, declared this 3% figure “misleading.” View Source
                                • As National Review’s Rich Lowry put it, this would be like Major League Baseball saying they sell 20 million hot dogs, but only play 2,430 games, so baseball is only .012% of what they do. View Source

"Hi, Uber Driver, I'm Karen, and you're taking me to the abortion clinic, but, gosh, it's ONLY a pregnancy test, so don't go jumping to conclusions --- you know, abortions are only THREE PERCENT of what they do at that clinic!"

Comment