Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

An obstetrician's opinion

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It's yet another logical fallacy she regularly commits - argumentum ad verecundiam.

The little thinks that because somebody is a medical doctor, they, therefore, are also an expert in the law (even in a different State's laws).
    And it is evident that she never read the law but just started making assumptions.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    Nor does anyone who has yet posted to this thread but that hasn't stopped any of you.
    You seem to be reveling in your stupidity.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

She, however, holds no equivalent qualifications in Texas law, and therefore, you are an idiot.
    Nor does anyone who has yet posted to this thread but that hasn't stopped any of you.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I fail to see the relevance of that question.
    Allow me.

I actually have training in Texas Law, which is what your babykiller doctor is grossly misrepresenting.
    You have ZERO training in Texas Law.

Therefore, I am FAR more qualified than you are to assess the truth of Dr BabyKiller's asinine claims about the Texas Law.

Feel free to on.

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied

I know you do. :)

It is your opinion we should take her opinion seriously. If we were to take your opinion seriously (that we should take her opinion seriously) we would need to know what qualifications you have in judging opinions. Otherwise, your opinion we should take her opinion is merely your opinion and can be dismissed.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied
    Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

What qualifications do you hold that would allow us to trust your opinion on her opinion?

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied
    Qualifications in her professional field of obstetrics and gynaecology.

You, however, hold no equivalent qualifications in legal matters and therefore you are not qualified.

What qualifications do you hold that would allow us to trust your opinion on her opinion?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Yes, she seems quite adept at killing babies. You have shown ZERO evidence that she has any training or certifications in Texas law.

You, however, hold no equivalent qualifications in legal matters and therefore you are not qualified.
    She, however, holds no equivalent qualifications in Texas law, and therefore, you are an idiot.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    You referred to dinner
    And the discussion we had while dining.

I am waiting for Cow Poke's judicial opinion on that law.
    I have shown you the actual text of the Texas Heartbeat Bill (which I discussed with the lawyers who will actually be overseeing it) and how badly your BabyKiller doctor has misrepresented it.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    It's H_A's black and white thinking. If you point out that a doctor has shown a gross misunderstanding of a law, this means you think she is incompetent.
    It's yet another logical fallacy she regularly commits - argumentum ad verecundiam.

The little thinks that because somebody is a medical doctor, they, therefore, are also an expert in the law (even in a different State's laws).

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

You really don't have a clue how any of this works do you? But then that has never stopped you from pontificating in ignorance before.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

He experience doesn't mean she's competent.
    It's H_A's black and white thinking. If you point out that a doctor has shown a gross misunderstanding of a law, this means you think she is incompetent.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Our friend Cow Poke is not a legal expert and while I cannot recall what his legal training actually might have been we all can assume he is no qualified advocate.
    Funny you should mention that, as I am recognized by the courts in Texas as a Court Appointed Child Advocate.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

It wasn't the dinner, moron, it was the actual discussion of the law with the people who will be charged with administering it.
    You referred to dinner

You have been shown the actual law, and you still refuse to acknowledge that Dr Karvorkian is grossly misrepresenting it.
    I am waiting for Cow Poke's judicial opinion on that law.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

Appeal to status.

Leave a comment: