Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Actual Charges of INSURRECTION in the "Insurrecton"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actual Charges of INSURRECTION in the "Insurrecton"

We keep looking for anybody who was actually charged with "Insurrection" or "Rioting" or "Inciting to Riot", and keep coming up short.
    Things like "obstructing an official proceeding", "being in a restricted area and refusing to leave", "assault on a Capitol Police Officer", "destroying government property".

But no "insurrection".

Here is a website where a table is maintained and updated regarding the arrests and actual charges against "insurrectionists".
    As I noted in another thread, I used the table's search function to look for "Insurrection", and, so far, this is ALL I found.

The only time "insurrection" appears is in the title, and in the notes - nothing in the actual charges.

638 people have been charged in the Capitol insurrection so far. This searchable table shows them all.

My search results...

insurrection charges.jpg

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Incontrovertible proof we need a third impeachment of Trump smiley fist shake.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

As we all know, if someone isn't officially charged with something, then they definitely 100% didn't do that thing. That's how I know Hillary did nothing wrong with her emails, because she was never charged with anything.

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post
        As we all know, if someone isn't officially charged with something, then they definitely 100% didn't do that thing. That's how I know Hillary did nothing wrong with her emails, because she was never charged with anything.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post
          Wow, who commandeered CMD's account and posted this really dumb comment!!!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What individual people are charged with does not determine what the mass action was.

The argument that this wasn’t an insurrection generally boils down to one or more of a few points: the lack of more weapons, the ragtag crew that stormed the Capitol, the failure in overturning the election results, and the fact that it ended within a few hours.

The thing is, though, that none of these really bear on whether it was an insurrection.

Merriam-Webster defines insurrection as “an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government.” The Cambridge Dictionary defines it as “an organized attempt by a group of people to defeat their government and take control of their country, usually by violence.” West’s Encyclopedia of American Law defines it as “a rising or rebellion of citizens against their government, usually manifested by acts of violence.”
            The fact remains that the current Republican Party and its treacherous support are a danger to the Republic and quite unable to see the situation clearly.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              What individual people are charged with does not determine what the mass action was.

The fact remains that the current Republican Party and its treacherous support are a danger to the Republic and quite unable to see the situation clearly.
              OUT! GONE! Go away - don't come back ---- do not respond. Just LEAVE.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

If I misunderstood CMDs comment, I'll have to withdraw my amen.
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

This thread is about finding the CLOSEST thing to an actually "insurrectionist" if, indeed, there was an "insurrection".

The Democrats should not have to OUTRIGHT LIE, like they did about the "Capitol Police Officer who was bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher". That was a LIE. And they were still pushing that false narrative in the charging documents for the second impeachment.
                  If there is a prosecution for MURDER, somebody will be charged with at least some form of murder or homicide.
                  If there's a prosecution for ROBBERY, somebody will be charged with some degree of robbery.
                  If there's a prosecution for RAPE, somebody will be charged with some degree of sexual assault.

So far, we have absolutely nothing even close to "insurrection". But the plus sized female vocalist has not yet performed her closing number, so...

Comment

He does have a point.

Just because they aren't charged with insurrection doesn't automatically mean they weren't engaged in one.

But in that case, I'd still expect to see more charged with serious offenses rather than what we've seen and even what's pending.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      He does have a point.

Just because they aren't charged with insurrection doesn't automatically mean they weren't engaged in one.

But in that case, I'd still expect to see more charged with serious offenses rather than what we've seen and even what's pending.
                      This is true. But I think it's clear that, like so many things, "insurrection" was chosen to weaponize what happened that day, just like "bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher".

I really don't expect to see anybody actually charged with "insurrection", because that's bogus, BUT, if it's really that serious, yes - there should be something indicating it really was an "insurrection".

Comment

OUT! GONE! Go away - don't come back ---- do not respond. Just LEAVE.
                        Edited by a Moderator
                        Last edited by Bill the Cat; 09-06-2021, 01:52 PM.
                        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

This thread is about finding the CLOSEST thing to an actually "insurrectionist" if, indeed, there was an "insurrection".

The Democrats should not have to OUTRIGHT LIE, like they did about the "Capitol Police Officer who was bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher". That was a LIE. And they were still pushing that false narrative in the charging documents for the second impeachment.
                          If there is a prosecution for MURDER, somebody will be charged with at least some form of murder or homicide.
                          If there's a prosecution for ROBBERY, somebody will be charged with some degree of robbery.
                          If there's a prosecution for RAPE, somebody will be charged with some degree of sexual assault.

So far, we have absolutely nothing even close to "insurrection". But the plus sized female vocalist has not yet performed her closing number, so...
                          Where the law is impartial, that is so. In certain areas, from what your posts (and those of others) indicate, the law is not being administered impartially. If the administration of the law is so thoroughly politicised, nothing can be stated with certainty about the significance of charges being laid or not laid.

The question - is there sufficient evidence to warrant allegations of insurrection? - won't be answered by the fact that no charges to that effect have been laid.
                          No more than the question- is there sufficient evidence to warrant allegations of irregularities with Hilary Clinton's emails? - is answered by the fact that no charges to that effect have been laid.

1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

If I misunderstood CMDs comment, I'll have to withdraw my amen.
                            Well, rereading it, it's entirely possible I misread it, as well.

Comment

Moderated By: Bill the Cat

First Floor, you were asked to leave. You know the rules. Do not post further in this thread.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                              Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment