Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hometown Hero... or... um... something.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hometown Hero... or... um... something.

Local Jan. 6 celeb.

"Julia Jeanette Sizer, of Ellwood City, is charged with knowingly entering a restricted building or grounds; disorderly conduct; and parading, demonstrating or picketing in a Capitol building.

She is not accused of damaging any property, harming any people or removing anything from the Capitol."

Never before heard the name. Only learned of it because I somehow, in the midst of a conversation with my cousin, happened to hear in the background our town being mentioned on the KDKA (CBS Pittsburgh affiliate) evening news.

I tend to believe that NONE of those charges should be considered Constitutionally valid.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Local Jan. 6 celeb.

"Julia Jeanette Sizer, of Ellwood City, is charged with knowingly entering a restricted building or grounds; disorderly conduct; and parading, demonstrating or picketing in a Capitol building.

She is not accused of damaging any property, harming any people or removing anything from the Capitol."

Never before heard the name. Only learned of it because I somehow, in the midst of a conversation with my cousin, happened to hear in the background our town being mentioned on the KDKA (CBS Pittsburgh affiliate) evening news.

I tend to believe that NONE of those charges should be considered Constitutionally valid.
    If the report is accurate, the charges are a sick joke.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
      Local Jan. 6 celeb.

From your link: "When an FBI agent requested an interview with Sizer on Jan. 29, the complaint continued, Sizer denied being inside the Capitol.".

Why did she initially deny she was in the building?
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

From your link: "When an FBI agent requested an interview with Sizer on Jan. 29, the complaint continued, Sizer denied being inside the Capitol.".

Because denial is often peoples first reaction when they find themselves in trouble.

Comment

"knowingly entering a restricted building or grounds" is trespassing and disorderly conduct is also a legitimate charge. Minor charges that Democrat DAs have dismissed en masse when it was leftist rioting across America for months on end.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Because denial is often peoples first reaction when they find themselves in trouble.
            Why? Particularly if there is evidence to prove their actions?
            "It ain't necessarily so
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Ask a psychologist.

Comment

Human nature.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

When you post something stupid, and get called out on it, why do you deny the allegation, and run to something like "you don't recognize a cynical statement" or other crap? It's human nature.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    "knowingly entering a restricted building or grounds" is trespassing and disorderly conduct is also a legitimate charge. Minor charges that Democrat DAs have dismissed en masse when it was leftist rioting across America for months on end.
                    I concede the "or grounds" part. I don't believe the Capitol per se should be considered "restricted," but I'm ok with certain specific parts having that designation.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

All of which presumes the report to be accurate. Perhaps somewhat incomplete though - what questions were put to her by the original investigators?

Were you in the Capitol? is one question.
                      Did you take part in the riot? is a different question altogether.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Human nature.
                        Just like the kid getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar and cookie crumbs around his mouth will often deny he is taking a cookie.

Then there is also how several Democrat-appointed judges have insisted it is human nature to run when a cop tells you to stay where you are.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                          All of which presumes the report to be accurate. Perhaps somewhat incomplete though - what questions were put to her by the original investigators?

Were you in the Capitol? is one question.
                          Did you take part in the riot? is a different question altogether.
                          You can be prosecuted for lying to an FBI agent even if you aren't under oath or being officially questioned. Ask Gen. Flynn.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Just like the kid getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar and cookie crumbs around his mouth will often deny he is taking a cookie.

Then there is also how several Democrat-appointed judges have insisted it is human nature to run when a cop tells you to stay where you are.
                            I think there's something in us that hopes the response will be "oh, very well, then... carry on!"

I don't know how many times, in an interview room, I'd tell a suspect, "OK, I'm going to forget everything you've said so far, and give you one more chance to tell the truth before I add the charge 'giving false information to a police department'". They'll still stick with their story.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

When you post something stupid, and get called out on it, why do you deny the allegation, and run to something like "you don't recognize a cynical statement" or other crap? It's human nature.
                              Once again I bow to your expert knowledge regarding the posting of stupid comments.
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment