Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas abortion law has blood thirsty liberals seething

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas abortion law has blood thirsty liberals seething

Hollywood celebrities have hit the panic button after Texas officially enacted its “heartbeat” abortion law early Wednesday, making it the first state to ban abortions once a fetal heartbeat is detected.

Stars including Michael Moore, Amy Schumer, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Dave Bautista, Alyssa Milano, and Amy Brenneman have hit out against Texas GOP lawmakers, dubbing them the “Texas Taliban” and accusing them of enacting “sharia” law.

“Force vasectomies on men,” actress Rosanna Arquette tweeted.

As Breitbart News reported, abortion providers attempted to block the law at the last minute by beseeching the U.S. Supreme Court for an injunction. But the Court has so far not ruled on the matter, though it could do so at any time.

The Texas law also contains a unique enforcement mechanism allowing any private citizen to file a civil lawsuit against an abortion provider or any other individual who “aids or abets” a “criminal abortion.”

The pro-life victory has triggered Hollywood stars, who are urging their fans to fight back.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...tomies-on-men/

Liberals are evil.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Hollywood celebrities have hit the panic button after Texas officially enacted its “heartbeat” abortion law early Wednesday, making it the first state to ban abortions once a fetal heartbeat is detected.

Stars including Michael Moore, Amy Schumer, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Dave Bautista, Alyssa Milano, and Amy Brenneman have hit out against Texas GOP lawmakers, dubbing them the “Texas Taliban” and accusing them of enacting “sharia” law.

As Breitbart News reported, abortion providers attempted to block the law at the last minute by beseeching the U.S. Supreme Court for an injunction. But the Court has so far not ruled on the matter, though it could do so at any time.

The Texas law also contains a unique enforcement mechanism allowing any private citizen to file a civil lawsuit against an abortion provider or any other individual who “aids or abets” a “criminal abortion.”

The pro-life victory has triggered Hollywood stars, who are urging their fans to fight back.

Liberals are evil.
    Well given that Texas only made bestiality a criminal offence some four years ago I suppose at least cattle and horses can breathe easily without having to constantly look apprehensively over their shoulders!

"It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Well given that Texas only made bestiality a criminal offence some four years ago I suppose at least cattle and horses can breathe easily without having to constantly look apprehensively over their shoulders!
      If your only intent is to troll then get out of my thread. No further response is necessary. Just leave
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Liberals are evil.
        I heard on NPR yesterday the abortion doctors worked frantically till midnight ro kill as many babies in the womb as they could before the law went into effect. And the reporter was giving a sad sack story about one of the poor abortionist doctors who was crying as he finished up an abortion because he couldn't finish it fast enough and get on to the next. SMH.

Comment

Liberals are evil.
          I don't care at all for laws that allow an uninvolved third party to sue over what takes place between other people.

Otherwise, it should be pointed out that a survey conducted by the Barna Group poll a few ago found that just under seven out of ten Americans (69%) think that if a doctor is able to detect the heartbeat of an unborn baby, that baby should be legally protected.

"Hearbeat laws" are supported by the overwhelming majority of Americans.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

It really takes a special kind of stupid to post crap like this.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If your only intent is to troll then get out of my thread. No further response is necessary. Just leave
              I was about to have some fun...
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

for Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  for Texas.
                  I think this was set up to go to the Supreme Court, from what Lois Kolkhorst says. Kinda like "whatever you do, DON'T throw me in the briar patch!!!!"
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I think this was set up to go to the Supreme Court, from what Lois Kolkhorst says. Kinda like "whatever you do, DON'T throw me in the briar patch!!!!"
                    Speaking of which....

Supreme Court declines to block Texas abortion law

A sharply divided Supreme Court on Wednesday night refused to block a Texas law that bans most abortions, leaving the country’s most restrictive abortion measure intact.

Just before midnight, the court denied an emergency request from abortion providers to block the law, issuing a 5-4 ruling with Chief Justice John Roberts joining the court's three liberal justices in dissent.

The majority, citing procedural complexities, said abortion providers had failed to make a persuasive case for the court to step in but added that the challengers had raised “serious questions” about the law’s constitutionality.

Comment

Thank God that Trump put some good judges on the bench!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                        Thank God that Trump put some good judges on the bench!
                        Here's the part that has the liberals in a frenzy....

The Texas law contains a novel mechanism that authorizes private citizens to sue those who perform or aid the procedure in violation of the measure, providing for at least $10,000 for each successful suit.

It kinda messes with the principle of "standing".

In its brief unsigned order Wednesday, the majority said it rebuffed the emergency request in part because it was unclear whether the named defendants in suit — primarily court and state officials — “can or will seek to enforce the Texas law against the applicants in a manner that might permit our intervention.”

Again, I really think there are some built in triggers that will almost definitely have this back in SCOTUS territory.

Comment

I would have to imagine there will be less political backlash than usual because the news is all about Covid and Afghanistan.
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            I don't care at all for laws that allow an uninvolved third party to sue over what takes place between other people.

Otherwise, it should be pointed out that a survey conducted by the Barna Group poll a few ago found that just under seven out of ten Americans (69%) think that if a doctor is able to detect the heartbeat of an unborn baby, that baby should be legally protected.

"Hearbeat laws" are supported by the overwhelming majority of Americans.
                            I suspect it depends on who is doing the polling, and how they ask the question.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...-or-most-cases

https://news.gallup.com/poll/259061/...al-limits.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I suspect it depends on who is doing the polling, and how they ask the question.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...-or-most-cases

https://news.gallup.com/poll/259061/...al-limits.aspx
                              It has to do with the asking.

If you ask do you support Roe v. Wade and then deduce from it that they therefore must support killing unborn babies with a heartbeat you can get one result.

But, if, instead, you straight up ask about an unborn baby with a heartbeat, then you get 7 out of 10 saying that baby should be afforded legal protections.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment