Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Politics in the class room.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Politics in the class room.....

Actually, people say "No politics in the classroom" what they REALLY mean is "Don't teach your ideology in the classroom," "Don't indoctrinate my kid in your classroom," and "Don't advocate any particular political position in the classrooom."

Politics itself is near impossible to avoid in the classroom, especially these days where politics is saturating the news and everything. That doesn't mean though, that teachers should be advocating their politics.

Here's two (Soon to be former) teachers that didn't get that memo.

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-teacher-pledge-allegiance-pride-flag-removed-from-classroom

Calif teacher who removed US flag, suggested students pledge allegiance to pride flag removed from classroom

A California teacher who went viral after bragging in a TikTok video that she had taken down the American flag in her classroom because it made her feel "uncomfortable" and suggested that her students should say the Pledge of Allegiance to a rainbow flag has been removed from her classroom.

"She has been removed from the classroom and placed on administrative leave, as our investigation continues," Newport Mesa Schools spokesperson Annette Franco confirmed to Fox News Wednesday.

The teacher was identified as Kristin Pitzen of Newport Mesa Schools in Orange County.

The video, which was inaccessible on TikTok Wednesday but has been preserved by the Twitter account @libsoftiktok, lasts just under a minute and shows Pitzen telling a quick story about how the pledge works in her classroom.

"Okay, so during third period, we have announcements and they do the Pledge of Allegiance," she says in the video. "I always tell my class, stand if you feel like it, don’t stand if you feel like it, say the words if you want, don’t have to say the words."

Then she whispers that she took down the American flag in her room because "it made me uncomfortable."

So when her students asked about it, she says, while there’s no Old Glory, they can stand and face the pride flag.

"In the meantime, I tell this kid, ‘We do have a flag in the class that you can pledge your allegiance to. And he like, looks around and goes, ‘Oh, that one?'" she continues, before panning the camera to show a rainbow flag hanging on the wall.

© Copyright Original Source

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/us/pro-antifa-california-teacher-to-be-fired

Pro-Antifa California teacher to be fired by school district after leaked video emerges

A far-left California teacher with a hammer and sickle tattoo and an apparent affinity for Antifa and brutal communist dictators will be fired after bragging on video that he was working to radicalize his students "further and further left," his employer announced Wednesday.

In a letter, the Natomas Unified School District Superintendent Chris Evans wrote that Gabriel Gipe, a social studies teacher at Inderkum High School, would be terminated after Project Veritas found Antifa and Mao Zedong posters in his classroom and recorded him talking about indoctrinating his students.

"I have 180 days to turn them into revolutionaries," he says in the recording.

That didn’t go over well with district officials.

"As of today, this teacher was placed on paid leave because of his actions and choices in the classroom," Evans wrote. "Natomas Unified will be taking the legally required next steps to place the teacher on unpaid leave and fire the teacher."

After the Project Veritas video emerged, the district’s internal investigation found Gipe responsible for numerous violations of its code of conduct.

"Our teachers must, without bias, or favoring their own personal beliefs share facts and information around differing perspectives," Evans wrote. "This teacher crossed that line and violated that trust."

Gipe also allegedly had a collection of stamps dedicated to Communist dictators, including one of Joseph Stalin and "an insensitive phrase," which he had allegedly used to mark students’ work as complete. Other stamps had images of Fidel Castro and Kim Jong Un.

"These were purchased shortly before the pandemic and their use was likely initially limited due to Distance Learning," Evans’ letter reads. "The district’s investigation did discover that at least during the 13 days of this school year, he was using those stamps to mark student work as complete."

District officials described Gipe’s conduct regarding giving students extra credit for attending protests with the potential to become dangerous as "both unprofessional and irresponsible."

In the video, Gipe addressed those assignments.

"I’ve had students show up for protests, community events, tabling, food distribution, all sorts of things," he says. "When they go, they take pictures, they write up a reflection – that’s their extra credit."

He also admits that a student complained about the Antifa flag hanging on the wall in his classroom, stating that it made him feel uncomfortable

"I’ve had students show up for protests, community events, tabling, food distribution, all sorts of things," he says. "When they go, they take pictures, they write up a reflection – that’s their extra credit."

He also admits that a student complained about the Antifa flag hanging on the wall in his classroom, stating that it made him feel uncomfortable

Given that these were liberal teachers, do any of our liberal posters care to defend their advocacy of their politics in the classroom? Do you think it's appropriate?
    Last edited by CivilDiscourse; 09-02-2021, 05:33 AM.

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
    Actually, people say "No politics in the classroom" what they REALLY mean is "Don't teach your ideology in the classroom," "Don't indoctrinate my kid in your classroom," and "Don't advocate any particular political position in the classrooom."

Politics itself is near impossible to avoid in the classroom, especially these days where politics is saturating the news and everything. That doesn't mean though, that teachers should be advocating their politics.

Here's two (Soon to be former) teachers that didn't get that memo.

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-teacher-pledge-allegiance-pride-flag-removed-from-classroom

Calif teacher who removed US flag, suggested students pledge allegiance to pride flag removed from classroom

A California teacher who went viral after bragging in a TikTok video that she had taken down the American flag in her classroom because it made her feel "uncomfortable" and suggested that her students should say the Pledge of Allegiance to a rainbow flag has been removed from her classroom.

"She has been removed from the classroom and placed on administrative leave, as our investigation continues," Newport Mesa Schools spokesperson Annette Franco confirmed to Fox News Wednesday.

The teacher was identified as Kristin Pitzen of Newport Mesa Schools in Orange County.

The video, which was inaccessible on TikTok Wednesday but has been preserved by the Twitter account @libsoftiktok, lasts just under a minute and shows Pitzen telling a quick story about how the pledge works in her classroom.

"Okay, so during third period, we have announcements and they do the Pledge of Allegiance," she says in the video. "I always tell my class, stand if you feel like it, don’t stand if you feel like it, say the words if you want, don’t have to say the words."

Then she whispers that she took down the American flag in her room because "it made me uncomfortable."

So when her students asked about it, she says, while there’s no Old Glory, they can stand and face the pride flag.

"In the meantime, I tell this kid, ‘We do have a flag in the class that you can pledge your allegiance to. And he like, looks around and goes, ‘Oh, that one?'" she continues, before panning the camera to show a rainbow flag hanging on the wall.

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/us/pro-antifa-california-teacher-to-be-fired

Pro-Antifa California teacher to be fired by school district after leaked video emerges

A far-left California teacher with a hammer and sickle tattoo and an apparent affinity for Antifa and brutal communist dictators will be fired after bragging on video that he was working to radicalize his students "further and further left," his employer announced Wednesday.

In a letter, the Natomas Unified School District Superintendent Chris Evans wrote that Gabriel Gipe, a social studies teacher at Inderkum High School, would be terminated after Project Veritas found Antifa and Mao Zedong posters in his classroom and recorded him talking about indoctrinating his students.

"I have 180 days to turn them into revolutionaries," he says in the recording.

That didn’t go over well with district officials.

"As of today, this teacher was placed on paid leave because of his actions and choices in the classroom," Evans wrote. "Natomas Unified will be taking the legally required next steps to place the teacher on unpaid leave and fire the teacher."

After the Project Veritas video emerged, the district’s internal investigation found Gipe responsible for numerous violations of its code of conduct.

"Our teachers must, without bias, or favoring their own personal beliefs share facts and information around differing perspectives," Evans wrote. "This teacher crossed that line and violated that trust."

Gipe also allegedly had a collection of stamps dedicated to Communist dictators, including one of Joseph Stalin and "an insensitive phrase," which he had allegedly used to mark students’ work as complete. Other stamps had images of Fidel Castro and Kim Jong Un.

"These were purchased shortly before the pandemic and their use was likely initially limited due to Distance Learning," Evans’ letter reads. "The district’s investigation did discover that at least during the 13 days of this school year, he was using those stamps to mark student work as complete."

District officials described Gipe’s conduct regarding giving students extra credit for attending protests with the potential to become dangerous as "both unprofessional and irresponsible."

Given that these were liberal teachers, do any of our liberal posters care to defend their advocacy of their politics in the classroom? Do you think it's appropriate?
    Oh look it's Fox News along with a group of crypto fascists [Project Veritas] what a surprise!

"It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Oh look it's Fox News along with a group of crypto fascists [Project Veritas] what a surprise!
      If you have nothing to add to the topic, you can leave.

Comment

Yesterday I was reading an article about the surge in parents deciding to permanently homeschool their kids and one of the primary reason given is that parents for the first time saw what their kids were being taught during their Zoom classes.

Interestingly, the one example they cited was a black mother who didn't think they were teaching stuff like CRT enough.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

If you have nothing to add to the topic, you can leave.
          I will add a couple points. In the first link, in both instances [US flag and rainbow flag] they are only pieces of fabric. As to indoctrination, some might contend that having very small children swear an oath of allegiance to a piece of cloth every day in school is, in itself, indoctrination.

On the second link. How dare an individual have a hammer and sickle tattoo or encourage students to help with food distribution?

Given the political leaning of Fox News and that the video has been produced by by a group of crypto fascists [it also appears to be edited an apparent frequent tactic of Project Veritas] an element of bias against this individual cannot be entirely ruled out.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

I will add a couple points. In the first link, in both instances [US flag and rainbow flag] they are only pieces of fabric. As to indoctrination, some might contend that having very small children swear an oath of allegiance to a piece of cloth every day in school is, in itself, indoctrination.

On the second link. How dare an individual have a hammer and sickle tattoo or encourage students to help with food distribution?

Given the political leaning of Fox News and that the video has been produced by by a group of crypto fascists [it also appears to be edited an apparent frequent tactic of Project Veritas] an element of bias against this individual cannot be entirely ruled out.
            WRT to the first link, are you saying that it is ok to "indoctrinate" if it's to counter what you may think is other "indoctrination"? Are you arguing that?

So, you have no problem with the hammer and sickle guy saying he has 180 days to indoctrinate a student, or give Mao/Stalin stamps on paper for good grades? Implying a student is a fascist because he's uncomfortable with the antifa flag? ("It's supposed to make fascists uncomfortable, so if your uncomfortable I don't know what to tell you")

Comment

The thing about Project Veritas is that when they go on TV they show edited clips -- just like news organizations do when they effect an undercover sting. It is generally done for time restraints, and they can't run the entire hour long video in the allotted time. But, every single time I've seen them on TV, the representative is repeatedly making it clear that the entire unedited video is available online (often at YouTube), for anyone interested so they can see for themselves they aren't misrepresenting anything.

The MSM, in their complaints about PV, always skips over that niggling detail, and only whines about that their videos shown on TV were edited, leading folks to believe its a bunch of out-of-context quote mines and the like. And offhand I don't recall any attempts to show how what they presented is misleading -- they just heavily imply that it is.

Not exactly honest of them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah, he should have posted something from a leftist associate professor in Jamaica - MUCH more authoritative.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I will add a couple points. In the first link, in both instances [US flag and rainbow flag] they are only pieces of fabric....
                  Yeah, pieces of fabric are absolutely meaningless.

isis-flag.jpgnazi flag.jpg

Looks like you overdosed on your stupid pills.
                  Attached Files
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Yesterday I was reading an article about the surge in parents deciding to permanently homeschool their kids and one of the primary reason given is that parents for the first time saw what their kids were being taught during their Zoom classes.

Interestingly, the one example they cited was a black mother who didn't think they were teaching stuff like CRT enough.
                    The whole COVID manipulation thing is another factor -- The Democrats are doing a bang up job of driving families away from their Union-run reeducation camps.

Comment

offhand I don't recall any attempts to show how what they presented is misleading -- they just heavily imply that it is.

MSM ... honest ... errmmm.

1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

And if it was a Nazi flag? It's just a piece of fabric after all.

You realize the point wasn't food distribution right? it was the teacher pushing his political views onto the students in an admitted attempt to indoctrinate them to his views, rather than teaching an unbiased class curriculum.

Stop trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by sparko View Post

and if it was a nazi flag? It's just a piece of fabric after all.

You realize the point wasn't food distribution right? It was the teacher BRAGGING ABOUT pushing his political views onto the students in an admitted attempt to indoctrinate them to his views, rather than teaching an unbiased class curriculum.

Stop trolling.
                          fify nc
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Stop trolling.
                            You may as well command Kamala to stop laughing.

Comment

The thing about Project Veritas is that when they go on TV they show edited clips -- just like news organizations do when they effect an undercover sting. It is generally done for time restraints, and they can't run the entire hour long video in the allotted time. But, every single time I've seen them on TV, the representative is repeatedly making it clear that the entire unedited video is available online (often at YouTube), for anyone interested so they can see for themselves they aren't misrepresenting anything.

The MSM, in their complaints about PV, always skips over that niggling detail, and only whines about that their videos shown on TV were edited, leading folks to believe its a bunch of out-of-context quote mines and the like. And offhand I don't recall any attempts to show how what they presented is misleading -- they just heavily imply that it is.

I think the MSM gets upset because it's devastating to their case.

Comment