Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Has Germany really moved on from it's Nazi Past?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like racism in Germany is bad enough to force a candidate running on the Green Party ticket for a seat in the Parliament to withdraw due to all the death threats: Germany Grapples With Racism After Threats Derail Refugee's Candidacy For Parliament. According to the German Federal Anti-Discrimination Agency's (ADS) 2019 Report incidents of reported racism are up 10% over the previous year and have doubled since 2015. And last year, complaints shot up 78%.

And a number of incidents since reunification does not paint a pretty picture not to mention the incident where an entire German platoon was disciplined during a NATO mission in Lithuania this Summer for several acts of racist and anti-Semitic behavior, including singing a birthday song in honor of Hitler. And shortly after the German cycling federation sports director Patrick Moster was sent home from the Olympics and later fired for very loudly referring to riders from the African nations of Algeria and Eritrea as "camel jockeys." If he felt comfortable shouting out such slurs one can presume it was language he frequently employed.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
      The medical community and science work in partnership.
      So, now you're an expert on the medical community and science! Pease define "the medical community". Precisely.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Looks like racism in Germany is bad enough to force a candidate running on the Green Party ticket for a seat in the Parliament to withdraw due to all the death threats: Germany Grapples With Racism After Threats Derail Refugee's Candidacy For Parliament. According to the German Federal Anti-Discrimination Agency's (ADS) 2019 Report incidents of reported racism are up 10% over the previous year and have doubled since 2015. And last year, complaints shot up 78%.

And a number of incidents since reunification does not paint a pretty picture not to mention the incident where an entire German platoon was disciplined during a NATO mission in Lithuania this Summer for several acts of racist and anti-Semitic behavior, including singing a birthday song in honor of Hitler. And shortly after the German cycling federation sports director Patrick Moster was sent home from the Olympics and later fired for very loudly referring to riders from the African nations of Algeria and Eritrea as "camel jockeys." If he felt comfortable shouting out such slurs one can presume it was language he frequently employed.
        Thank you so much for bringing us back on topic! (are you feeling well today?)
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Thank you so much for bringing us back on topic! (are you feeling well today?)
          Us contrarians gotta keep y'all guessing.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Us contrarians gotta keep y'all guessing.
            You're all blocked up again, aren't you?

Comment

You're all blocked up again, aren't you?
              I'm as regular as a clock and always have been, but thank you for asking

Comment

I'm as regular as a clock and always have been, but thank you for asking
                Yeah, I'm a regular guy, myself. I sure hope that keeps up as I approach the metallic age.

Comment

Yeah, I'm a regular guy, myself. I sure hope that keeps up as I approach the metallic age.
                  And now folks reading this thread know far more about either of us than they cared.

Comment

And now folks reading this thread know far more about either of us than they cared.
                    And we love it.

Comment

And we love it.
                      Pull my finger

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

So you here admit that natural immunity is indeed better against Delta than the vaccine.

This is one of dozens of studies showing the same thing, hun. I get that you can't handle being wrong, but good grief.
                        No. Their research suggests it remains unclear.

It does not follow that vaccination immunity does not confer long term protection. Furthermore, that observation is made in an [as yet] unpublished paper that has not been peer reviewed. And the authors also note that their "study has several limitations" and also that "First, as the Delta variant was the dominant strain in Israel during the outcome period, the decreased long-term protection of the vaccine compared to that afforded by previous infection cannot be ascertained against other strains."

In short their research needs to be duplicated in far larger studies that will include those who have been exposed to other strains to ascertain if their contentions are borne out.

However, it is clear that, in this instance as yet unpublished research, that suggests your own prior beliefs and opinions are correct will be taken by you as vindication for your beliefs and opinions.. That is confirmation bias.

"It ain't necessarily so
                        The things that you're liable
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life
                        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

No. Their research suggests it remains unclear.

It does not follow that vaccination immunity does not confer long term protection. Furthermore, that observation is made in an [as yet] unpublished paper that has not been peer reviewed. And the authors also note that their "study has several limitations" and also that "First, as the Delta variant was the dominant strain in Israel during the outcome period, the decreased long-term protection of the vaccine compared to that afforded by previous infection cannot be ascertained against other strains."

In short their research needs to be duplicated in far larger studies that will include those who have been exposed to other strains to ascertain if their contentions are borne out.

However, it is clear that, in this instance as yet unpublished research, that suggests your own prior beliefs and opinions are correct will be taken by you as vindication for your beliefs and opinions.. That is confirmation bias.
                          So, is this the DE-Godwinization of a thread?

Comment