Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

January 6th Select Committee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Committee is making the news again. This time with the text messages from Justice Thomas's wife.

Still no proof of a conspiracy or major evidence it existed. After a year, you think they would have found something significant. Instead, they increasingly look like a committee looking for a reason to exist. Given how little coverage I see, as compared to the Mueller investigations wall to wall coverage, I think even the MSM realizes there is nothing there.

I think the committee may also have their eye on the clock and realize in about 10 months, they'll see to exist.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
        The Committee is making the news again. This time with the text messages from Justice Thomas's wife.

Still no proof of a conspiracy or major evidence it existed. After a year, you think they would have found something significant. Instead, they increasingly look like a committee looking for a reason to exist. Given how little coverage I see, as compared to the Mueller investigations wall to wall coverage, I think even the MSM realizes there is nothing there.

I think the committee may also have their eye on the clock and realize in about 10 months, they'll see to exist.
        They'll come up with this massive hundreds of pages of text with innuendoes and stretches of facts with a healthy peppering of tying unrelated events together. It will give the leftist MSM just enough sound bites to drag it on past the election cycle in hopes of tying the insinuations around the proverbial necks of Republican candidates.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment