Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

January 6th Select Committee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    And done much sooner.
    How much sooner should they have gone out? Commission was only formed 7 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by MehdiR View Post

I see. No true investigation... I wish there was a term for this.
      They just arrested four people in Ohio for incredibly petty crimes - essentially "walking around in the Capitol" during the chaos. They're doing everything they can to find something - ANYTHING - to justify their moronic claim that this was an INSURRECTION where a Capitol Police Officer was bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher. That was every bit a lie as the "hands up don't shoot" crap.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

How much sooner should they have gone out? Commission was only formed 7 weeks ago.
        These sort of commissions typically aren't even around very long and most of the subpoenas are filed before they even meet. Later subpoenas are usually very specific rather than asking any agency for anything they might have.

The FBI really screwed things up for them and now they are hunting for more evidence.

Fishing expedition.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          They just arrested four people in Ohio for incredibly petty crimes - essentially "walking around in the Capitol" during the chaos. .
          I assume you are referring to the four Swanton arrests. I've read the arrest warrants. All four of them lied to the investigating officers, not the wisest course of action.

If they plead guilty, they will probably each get off with a $500 fine and probation. If they fight the charges, then the fine will likely be a couple of thousand dollars, accompanied by a few months in jail.
          "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
          "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Here is how insane this is....

The Democrats are incredibly vindictive and wish to hunt down and punish any US Citizen who had anything whatsoever to do with January 6.

Meanwhile, the Democrats are kissing the butts of the Taliban, begging them to let us evacuate our Citizens, allowing the Taliban to dictate the terms of our SURRENDER, knowing that there will be hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of US Citizens to fend for themselves.

That is absolutely immoral, if not criminal.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I see. No true investigation... I wish there was a term for this.
              Back again DivineOb? Wut up?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Here is how insane this is....

The Democrats are incredibly vindictive and wish to hunt down and punish any US Citizen who had anything whatsoever to do with January 6.

Meanwhile, the Democrats are kissing the butts of the Taliban, begging them to let us evacuate our Citizens, allowing the Taliban to dictate the terms of our SURRENDER, knowing that there will be hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of US Citizens to fend for themselves.

That is absolutely immoral, if not criminal.
                This isn't an answer. How should the subpoenas have been tailored so they aren't a fishing expedition?

Comment

How would these subpoenas look if they were targeted rather than a "fishing expedition"?
                  A subpoena, by definition, is almost always a fishing expedition. It's to command somebody to appear in court to answer questions or bring evidence.

You don't have to do that if you've done an investigation, and believe the person committed a crime. You have them charged for the crime, then prosecute them.

Comment

This isn't an answer. How should the subpoenas have been tailored so they aren't a fishing expedition?
                    When you're well into the process and suddenly send them out to a bunch of various agencies asking for what they have and not about something specific -- right after the FBI ruined your narrative -- it's a fishing expedition.

I don't remember you being this dense DOb

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The January 6th Committee has issued its first subpoenas for Trump loyalists to give depositions and turn over documents. The four people subpoenaed today are:

- Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadows,
                      - Trump Deputy Chief of Staff Dan Scavino,
                      - Trump advisor Steve Bannon, and
                      - Kash Patel, Chief of Staff to the Secretary of Defense

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/23/polit...sts/index.html
                      "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                      "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                        The January 6th Committee has issued its first subpoenas for Trump loyalists to give depositions and turn over documents. The four people subpoenaed today are:

fishing-curious-george-go-west-go-wild.gif
                        Last edited by Gondwanaland; 09-23-2021, 08:09 PM.

Comment

If they have any sense, they'll tell the "select committee" to take a long walk off a short pier.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So unable to find anything they figure they'll take a little fishing expedition.

Comment

Well we know that democrats with their years of criminal and conspiracy experience will be able to figure out more than the FBI.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                                Well we know that democrats with their years of criminal and conspiracy experience will be able to figure out more than the FBI.
                                They'll put their sharpest minds on it, like Adam "Pencil Neck" Schiff (I'm sure he's coaching some faux whistleblowers as I write to help move the narrative) and Jerrold I-just-pooped-my-pants-in-public-Nadler, since they did so well during the first impeachment circus.

Comment