Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden’s press conference was a feast of disinformation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden’s press conference was a feast of disinformation

Biden’s press conference was a feast of disinformation

Remember, these are the same people pushing the vaccine, so this should be a great comfort to those resisting getting the shot.

As for the press conference itself, it was a tissue of, let’s put this delicately, demonstrable falsehoods.

He said there is no al-Qaeda in Afghanistan. That’s wrong.

He said al-Qaeda and the Taliban are enemies. That’s wrong.

He said almost no one thought the Afghan army would fall apart this quickly. That’s wrong.

He said our Nato allies agreed that his decision to withdraw was wise and that they agreed with it. That’s wrong. In fact, our most important allies have taken the rare step of publicly blaming Biden.

He said we won’t have trouble knowing about any terrorist formation in Afghanistan because we have ‘over the horizon’ capabilities. That’s mostly wrong. We need resources on the ground to know that, and we don’t have those resources anymore. We pulled our people out and abandoned those who worked with us.

He said the only reason American soldiers had been safe is because the Taliban abided by their agreement with Trump about safe withdrawal. That’s possible but unlikely. The better reason is that they were not engaged in door-to-door combat. They were giving local forces intelligence support and air cover. Missing that backbone, the Afghan forces fell apart.

There's a lot more to the article, but these are some highlights. And let's not forget, he might not be lying. He might actually believe this crap, as his handlers may be assuring him it's all true.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

1. You forgot to link to the article
    2. He also said that Americans were having no problem getting to the airport.

I don't know if he is outright lying or if he is so clueless he has no idea what is actually going on and just confabulating whatever he wants to be true and repeating it (that's also a sign of dementia).

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Oooooops

But maybe it wasn't a lie - maybe that's what his handlers told him, and he genuinely believed it!

I don't know if he is outright lying or if he is so clueless he has no idea what is actually going on and just confabulating whatever he wants to be true and repeating it (that's also a sign of dementia).
      It's weird - I'd rather he was lyning, because there might be a purpose in that, like they're creating a diversion or something.
      Sadly, I do believe he actually believes it.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

And with all of the blatant lying or at best cluelessness, where are the supposed "fact checkers"?

I mean apparently the Babylon Bee got fact checked again but there seems to be absolutely no interest on the part of Snopes, Politifact and the others in correcting the series of whoppers coming from old Joe.

ETA: Facebook did indeed "fact check" the Bee for saying that CNN praised the Taliban for wearing masks during its Afghanistan takeover.
        Last edited by rogue06; 08-23-2021, 08:59 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Oooooops

But maybe it wasn't a lie - maybe that's what his handlers told him, and he genuinely believed it!

It's weird - I'd rather he was lyning, because there might be a purpose in that, like they're creating a diversion or something.
          Sadly, I do believe he actually believes it.
          It brings to mind the idea that a company can survive dishonesty and corruption because for those doing it it serves their purpose to keep the fatted cow alive and producing, but stupidity and incompetence are nearly always fatal because they'll destroy the company while unaware of what they are doing.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment