Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden's approval rating has dropped below 50% for the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
    With, as seems probable, the Taliban offering safe harbOUr for ISIS, it has the potential to be worse than Saigon by orders of magnitude.
    I don't know how much of it is safe harbor versus the Taliban can't prevent it. It's a probably a combination of the two. I suspect the Taliban don't have the control over the country that we are imagining.

Either way, it is bad that ISIS-K and others have a place to set-up.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

poll joe.jpg
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Crenshaw just said that Biden is like an arsonist who claims he is a hero by trying to put out the fire he stared with people still left inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Crenshaw just said that Biden is like an arsonist who claims he is a hero by trying to put out the fire he stared with people still left inside.
          Have you seen the interview with the parents of the servicemembers who were killed -- and Biden talked about his own son, and looked at his watch....
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Have you seen the interview with the parents of the servicemembers who were killed -- and Biden talked about his own son, and looked at his watch....
            And Instagram even deleted the posts of the mother of a slain Marine, and Facebook restricted her account because she said things like Biden has her son's blood on his hands. After a deluge of negative reactions Instagram played the old "it was a mistake" shtick and put them back up but I haven't heard whether or not Facebook has reacted.

Remember when Bush was president and Gold Star moms were treated like they walked on water by the left?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah, Biden can't take responsibility as if he were doing so as good leader taking the blame others deserve, he HAS all the responsibility because he is a bad and weak leader. And the families of the boys who just died know that it's his fault.

All this gaslighting at all these press briefings is really starting to tick me off. They all keep lying openly and contradicting each other from one minute to the next. At least they should get their talking point lies synchronized before going on air.

Comment

I heard somebody the other day say "I'm beginning to hate Beau, and I don't even know him!" Because that's Biden's go-to when he's in a bind --- "my son Beau...." (and, of course, he can't even remember where Beau served, what rank he was, or what branch of service...

Comment

I heard somebody the other day say "I'm beginning to hate Beau, and I don't even know him!" Because that's Biden's go-to when he's in a bind --- "my son Beau...." (and, of course, he can't even remember where Beau served, what rank he was, or what branch of service...
                  It's Joe's lame attempt to empathize with the families by showing them he lost a son too. But if falls short because he didn't lose his son to terrorists, he died because of cancer. I know losing a child is terrible for anyone to go through but the circumstances do matter too if you are trying to show empathy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    It's Joe's lame attempt to empathize with the families by showing them he lost a son too. But if falls short because he didn't lose his son to terrorists, he died because of cancer. I know losing a child is terrible for anyone to go through but the circumstances do matter too if you are trying to show empathy.
                    It goes back to when my oldest brother died of cancer when I was 17 --- and some well meaning deacon at the Church said "I know exactly how you feel". It made me really really angry, because he CAN'T know "exactly how I feel".

But it was a life lesson to me to NEVER say that to somebody who is grieving. I can say "I know you're hurting...." or something like that, but I DARE not say, "I know exactly how you fee, because MY brother died....."

Comment

It goes back to when my oldest brother died of cancer when I was 17 --- and some well meaning deacon at the Church said "I know exactly how you feel". It made me really really angry, because he CAN'T know "exactly how I feel".

But it was a life lesson to me to NEVER say that to somebody who is grieving. I can say "I know you're hurting...." or something like that, but I DARE not say, "I know exactly how you fee, because MY brother died....."
                      First and foremost, I'm sorry for your loss.

Second, I totally agree about never saying "I know exactly how you feel." I believe I read somewhere it's one of the worst things you can say to someone in grief.
                      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

First and foremost, I'm sorry for your loss.

Second, I totally agree about never saying "I know exactly how you feel." I believe I read somewhere it's one of the worst things you can say to someone in grief.
                        And I'm glad I learned that lesson, even if I had to learn it the hard way.

Comment

And I'm glad I learned that lesson, even if I had to learn it the hard way.

Comment

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ong-track-poll

About 6 in 10 U.S. voters believe that the country has gone “pretty seriously” off “the wrong track” as President Biden faces a wave of criticism over his handling of the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan, according to a new Politico-Morning Consult poll released Wednesday.

The study, conducted from Saturday to Monday, found that 61 percent of respondents believe the country is on the wrong track, compared to just 39 percent who say the country is “going in the right direction.”

The survey also found a record-low overall approval rating for Biden at 47 percent, with 49 percent saying they disapproved of the president's job performance overall.

Comment

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ong-track-poll

About 6 in 10 U.S. voters believe that the country has gone “pretty seriously” off “the wrong track” as President Biden faces a wave of criticism over his handling of the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan, according to a new Politico-Morning Consult poll released Wednesday.

The study, conducted from Saturday to Monday, found that 61 percent of respondents believe the country is on the wrong track, compared to just 39 percent who say the country is “going in the right direction.”

The survey also found a record-low overall approval rating for Biden at 47 percent, with 49 percent saying they disapproved of the president's job performance overall.
                              And while some of the MSM is holding old Joe's feet to the fire, imagine what the duffer's poll results would be if, instead of mentioning in passing, if at all, his obvious boredom and impatience he displayed while honoring the 13 fallen American servicemen (who it now looks like we allowed to die), was covered like the mere rumor that Trump trash-talked soldiers killed in action. They gnawed on that one for nearly a week.

Or if they talked to some of the very upset parents of the 13 killed, much less grant a huge microphone to them like the MSM did with Cindy Sheehan even long after it was obvious she was severely disturbed. Then we were told we had to listen to Gold Star parents (well, at least one in particular), and for several weeks if not a couple months on end.

If old Joe was facing anything like that his numbers would be in the basement that he likes to go hide in.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

At just 36% support, Biden slips to a record low in a new poll

More than two-thirds say inflation causing them to change spending habits: poll

President Biden's poll numbers keep heading in the wrong direction.

The president’s approval rating stands at 36%, with disapproval at 53% in a new Quinnipiac University national poll. That’s the president’s lowest level of public support in Quinnipiac polling since taking over in the White House in January.

Biden’s approval edged down a point and his disapproval trickled up a point from Quinnipiac’s October survey.

Comment