Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden's approval rating has dropped below 50% for the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden's approval rating has dropped below 50% for the first time

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

Watching the trend, Biden's approval rating has slipped below 50% for the first time this morning (aggregated polls by fivethirtyeight). He's been losing independents for a while, and it's likely his FUBAR in Afghanistan isn't going to help him. If Pelosi fails to get his agenda through, and bungles the bipartisan infrastructure, it could fall further. This won't bode well for the democrats come the mid-terms.

Edit to add, if your response is to say he's still doing better than Trump, that's not the point and you can take your whataboutism elsewhere.

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

Watching the trend, Biden's approval rating has slipped below 50% for the first time this morning (aggregated polls by fivethirtyeight). He's been losing independents for a while, and it's likely his FUBAR in Afghanistan isn't going to help him. If Pelosi fails to get his agenda through, and bungles the bipartisan infrastructure, it could fall further. This won't bode well for the democrats come the mid-terms.
    Yeah, this poll had to be taken prior to the catastrophic collapse in Afghanistan that took place while old Joe was on vacation and the fact that even the Praetorian Guard MSM is even laying into him for this epic level foul up rather than helping him to spin it indicates that the demented duffer is starting a long slide.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Never in doubt, but always wrong.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what the polls indicate when Afghanistan is included in. I wonder if there's any polling that goes 'Knowing what you know now, would you change your vote to Trump?"

It's seems to be getting to on the national stage, the only success the Democrats can point to is fighting Covid and, yes I know, lots of people will disagree with that. If the House really does bungle the bipartisan infrastructure bill, the Democrats are in a lot of trouble in 2022. On the other hand, there's a lot of time left so things may yet change. It's way to early to call 2022.
        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
          It will be interesting to see what the polls indicate when Afghanistan is included in. I wonder if there's any polling that goes 'Knowing what you know now, would you change your vote to Trump?"

It's seems to be getting to on the national stage, the only success the Democrats can point to is fighting Covid and, yes I know, lots of people will disagree with that. If the House really does bungle the bipartisan infrastructure bill, the Democrats are in a lot of trouble in 2022. On the other hand, there's a lot of time left so things may yet change. It's way to early to call 2022.
          That's my concern --- a LOT can happen between now and the midterms. And Americans have incredibly short memories regarding politics.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

That's my concern --- a LOT can happen between now and the midterms. And Americans have incredibly short memories regarding politics.
            The cynic in me wonders if the bashing of Biden now is not a ploy to get it out of the way and let it fade before midterms when he can be propped up.

Not that I believe it, but the cynical side does wonder.

Comment

The cynic in me wonders if the bashing of Biden now is not a ploy to get it out of the way and let it fade before midterms when he can be propped up.

It is so hard to tell with this group - OR, is it to elevate Kamala to POTUS? Who really knows?

Comment

This is Joe Biden’s Jimmy Carter moment

The utterly nauseating and unnecessary abandonment of Afghanistan to its fate recalls a similar humiliation at the hands of Islamist radicals in the Jimmy Carter administration.

President Biden’s profligate spending policies are unleashing inflation that is sparking voter distrust so noticeable that even NPR is sounding the alarm.

He is begging OPEC to come up with more oil while interfering with US production. He announced barely a month ago, with great confidence, “The Taliban is not the South — the North Vietnamese army. They’re not — they’re not remotely comparable in terms of capability.

“There’s going to be no circumstance where you see people being lifted off the roof of a embassy in the — of the United States from Afghanistan. It is not at all comparable.”

Our president comes across as weak, meek, ineffectual, incompetent and confused. (Momentarily confusing South and North Vietnam doesn’t even make the list of the top 100 senior moments we’ve seen this year from this near-octogenarian, despite the fact that his staff is keeping him hidden to a degree with little if any precedent in the past half-century.)

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

Given rising inflation I think there might be just as many people unhappy if the infrastructure deal gets passed

238387947_10208798052225664_1644805143990202265_n.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I find it hard to believe that Joe's approval is just now dipping below 50%, but I suppose it all depends on who you ask and what you ask.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      I find it hard to believe that Joe's approval is just now dipping below 50%, but I suppose it all depends on who you ask and what you ask.
                      Joe has always benefited with being a largely likeable guy, which Trump was not. That and how the MSM kept pushing stories that underscored that while simultaneously ignoring the crisis on the border, rising inflation, returning us to being reliant on OPEC etc. along with Social Media censoring criticism.

Comment

Wouldn't really be unusual for the liberal media to hammer a Democrat over something, allow the story to fade, and then when it's brought up around election season it gets dismissed as "old news".

"We covered that months ago! We already asked all the questions!" they'll say while studiously ignoring the fact that they never actually got any answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

The images coming out of Afghanistan are of the sort that stick with you.

Comment

Biden has finally succeeded in uniting the American people! We all agree he totally screwed up Afghanistan!

Congrats on the unification Mr. President!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Joe has always benefited with being a largely likeable guy, which Trump was not. That and how the MSM kept pushing stories that underscored that while simultaneously ignoring the crisis on the border, rising inflation, returning us to being reliant on OPEC etc. along with Social Media censoring criticism.
                              I've never bought the "Joe is likeable" narrative. He strikes me as just as arrogant and unlikeable as any other politician.

The one exception was when I worked the tech crew for the John Glenn memorial service where Joe attended, and for a brief a moment, he wasn't a politician, he was just an ordinary man expressing grief over the loss of his friend. It's an exceptionally rare moment to see a public figure so vulnerable.

Comment