Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Has Biden Bungled Afghanistan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Music that's not as bad as that which leads to sex?
    Dancing is a horizontal expression of a vertical intent.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Dancing is a horizontal expression of a vertical intent.
      don't you have your directions mixed up?

clear-collection-quote-1.jpg
      Attached Files
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

don't you have your directions mixed up?

clear-collection-quote-1.jpg
        It would not be the first time.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Church of Christ.

Us Baptists allowed instruments - just not them cassette tape things or "canned music".

However...

The debate among Muslims is not about the permissibility of audio art, but about what kind of audio arts are permissible. The Qur’an, the first source of legal authority for Muslims, contains no direct references to music. Legal scholars use the hadith (saying and actions of Prophet Muhammad) as another source of authority, and have found conflicting evidence in it. The consensus that has emerged is that the audio arts fall into three broad categories: legitimate, controversial, and illegitimate. Qira’at, the call to prayer, religious chants and the like are all considered legitimate. Controversial audio arts include almost all other types of music. Illegitimate audio arts are considered to be those that take people away from the commandments of the faith. Music that leads to drinking or licentious behavior is considered illegitimate. Depending on the community of interpretation, one can find devotional music legitimate, controversial, or illegitimate.

Sorry, I got confused. The baptists banned dancing!

I saw Footloose so don't try to tell me I am wrong!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Sorry, I got confused. The baptists banned dancing!

I saw Footloose so don't try to tell me I am wrong!
            Independent Baptists and "hardshell" Baptists, yes.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Independent Baptists and "hardshell" Baptists, yes.
              As shown in the documentary, "Footloose"

Comment

Jawohl

Comment

Jawohl

Comment

Hi star. How did you hack the pirate's account?

Comment

Hi star. How did you hack the pirate's account?
                      His password was "bacon"

er, I mean, What are you talking about? I am going to ban you now.

Comment

• As predicted the MSM has done their due diligence by covering this preventable disaster and now has moved on despite the fact that everyday new information gets leaked out showing just what an enormous cluster screw up this was and continues to be. Otherwise you would probably heard that Obama's CIA Director, Michael Morell, was warning this weekend that as a result of the Biden retreat "we are more at risk, without a doubt" because "the way our exit happened, has absolutely inspired jihadists all over the world" and that Biden made the country "more dangerous than other spots on the planet."

Morell went on to elaborate,

"The Taliban is saying, we just didn't defeat the United States, we defeated NATO. We defeated the world's greatest military power, ever. So there's a celebration going on ... I think, not only will the jihadists be inspired, but a lot of them are going to come to Afghanistan to be part of the celebration, to be part of jihadist central."

But for the most part the MSM, worried about how continuing to cover Afghanistan might hurt their party in 2022 and even 2024 has decided enough is enough. As a result, there has even been talk about how they may have gone too far in their criticism of the worst military blunder since WWII

Comment

• Until I was reminded while watching CNN, I forgotten the one-year anniversary of the Afghanistan withdrawal was approaching. Clarissa Ward had a long feature, 15 to 20 minutes, on what conditions in Afghanistan are like which is not good. The feature even had clips of the hasty exit.

Little surprised this was brought up already and included a partial throwing of President Biden under the bus. Will be interested to see how the coverage goes as the month progresses.

To restate my position, I think withdrawing from Afghanistan was conceptually the right idea. I think all presidents from George W. to Joe bear a lot of responsibility for not building up a government that could stand on its own. I think it also shows that we in the US should think three or four times before embarking on nation building - which would include engineering social change in the US.
                          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                            Until I was reminded while watching CNN, I forgotten the one-year anniversary of the Afghanistan withdrawal was approaching. Clarissa Ward had a long feature, 15 to 20 minutes, on what conditions in Afghanistan are like which is not good. The feature even had clips of the hasty exit.

Little surprised this was brought up already and included a partial throwing of President Biden under the bus. Will be interested to see how the coverage goes as the month progresses.

To restate my position, I think withdrawing from Afghanistan was conceptually the right idea. I think all presidents from George W. to Joe bear a lot of responsibility for not building up a government that could stand on its own. I think it also shows that we in the US should think three or four times before embarking on nation building - which would include engineering social change in the US.
                            I approve this message.

Comment

I approve this message.
                              Drat. Now I'm might have to reconsider my amen.

Comment

Drat. Now I'm might have to reconsider my amen.
                                I amen'd this post just for spite.

Comment