Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Has Biden Bungled Afghanistan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Literally in the post you quotemined that out from, H_A. Now you're not just playing word games like her you're quotemining like her and ignoring links like her.
    So literally a decade after 9/11 the Taliban claims they offered up OBL to the U.S. before 9/11. smiley snicker.gif

I almost feel bad for doing this

e83c05cf-d020-4f5c-b3a8-6363b420b867.jpg

"Requests for the extradition of bin Laden from the Taliban of Afghanistan were met with failure before the bombing of Afghanistan in October 2001" and "It was not until eight days after the bombing of Afghanistan began in October 2001 that the Taliban finally did offer to turn over Osama bin Laden to a third-party for trial."

Apology accepted.
    Last edited by rogue06; 08-14-2021, 06:31 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's nice. Pretty sure that's Saudi Arabia tho.
      Late to the game but the Saudis have begun to awaken to the menace that they unleashed onto the world and are starting to try to put the genie back in the bottle once it became apparent that their Frankenstein's monsters want to eliminate and replace them as well.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Saudi is also the chief exporter of Wahhabism. That ideology [I use the term advisedly] is evident in groups like Al Qaeda and Daesh.

Some of our correspondents might like to read this.

https://www.meforum.org/535/saudi-ar...wahhabi-threat
        Prior to 9/11 that site would have been denounced as Islamophobic, and I wouldn't doubt that groups like CAIR have still done so.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Prior to 9/11 that site would have been denounced as Islamophobic, and I wouldn't doubt that groups like CAIR have still done so.
          And? Or is this evidence of more diverting tactics on your part?
          "It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

And? Or is this evidence of more diverting tactics on your part?
            I could also note that I've been writing about the dangers of Islamic jihadism for longer than I've been posting here (2006), so at least in my case, your Googling up something you found to share is very old news.

Comment

That's nice. Pretty sure that's Saudi Arabia tho.
              That's nice? But, yeah, along with Iran.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I could also note that I've been writing about the dangers of Islamic jihadism for longer than I've been posting here (2006), so at least in my case, your Googling up something you found to share is very old news.
                I appear to have been correct. Not just whataboutism but the inevitable appeal to status.

Do tell us all where your insights were published and how many advisory posts to government you held?
                "It ain't necessarily so
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

That's nice? But, yeah, along with Iran.
                  I don't think anyone can disagree that today Iran is the largest sponsor of terrorism in the world.

Comment

I appear to have been correct. Not just whataboutism but the inevitable appeal to status.

Do tell us all where your insights were published and how many advisory posts to government you held?
                    You really haven't a clue about what constitutes "whataboutism" do you? You just keep throwing it around hoping that eventually you'll use it properly. Pretty ironic coming from our local self-appointed grammar/spelling nazi.

And when did I ever say I was on an advisory post to a government? You have this really weird habit of pretending that everyone is like you. A fraud and a faker who seeks to pass herself off as a professional historian and you project this need to do so of yours onto others. That it is really everyone else who keep taking on airs and live Walter Mitty lives.

Merely stating that I've been writing and posting about radical Islam long before 9/11 isn't, in any way conceivable, an appeal to "status," as your delusions demand. I mean, what exactly do you envision here? It is just more of your projecting of your derangement.

You really must live a sad and lonely life.

Comment

You really must live a sad and lonely life.
                      I am not the one who persistently makes appeals to status in a frantic effort to impress.

Yes I made two comments about myself and I corrected one of those.

You on the other hand...
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I am not the one who persistently makes appeals to status in a frantic effort to impress.

Yes I made two comments about myself and I corrected one of those.

You on the other hand...
                        You have a real strange notion of what constitute an appeal to status.

I merely note that I've been writing about Islamic jihadists well before 9/11 so this is hardly anything new, and in your twisted mind that is magically morphed into my having claimed that said I was on several "advisory posts to government."

You really need to seek professional help.

Btw, I still have a piece from 1998 in my files from a post concerning the treatment of women that a friend posted for me at the time (I didn't have interwebz access at that time) on a long since defunct board.

Islamic apologists claim that the abuses that women suffer in Islamic countries are the result of culture and does not stem from the Koran – and that Islam actually offers women a better life than they can enjoy in the West. This is simply not true. To start with, the Koran teaches that women are inferior to men and must be ruled by them: “Men have authority over women because Allah has made the one superior to the other” (Koran 4:34). It declares that a woman’s testimony is worth just half of a man’s (2:282) and commands that a son’s inheritance should be twice the size of that of a daughter’s (4:11). The Koran allows men to marry up to 4 women and have sex with slave girls as well (4:3). Further, Islamic tradition emphasize that women are the property of their husbands: “Allah’s Messenger said, ‘If a husband calls his wife to his bed [to have sex] and she refuses and causes him to sleep in anger, the angels will curse her till morning.’” (al-Bukhari, vol.4, book 59, no. 3237 – this hadith is repeated in many other places) ...

Comment

You have a real strange notion of what constitute an appeal to status.
                          Read through some of your own posts.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          I merely note that I've been writing about Islamic jihadists well before 9/11 so this is hardly anything new
                          So what? I suspect you are hardly unique in that respect.
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I don't think anyone can disagree that today Iran is the largest sponsor of terrorism in the world.
                            It's a close call, but I think Saudi Arabia is in the number one spot, with Iran in the runner up position.
                            "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                            "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                              Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              It's a close call, but I think Saudi Arabia is in the number one spot, with Iran in the runner up position.
                              According to what we're told. I don't have personal knowledge about what either nation is sponsoring.

I also recall being told that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.

Comment

Read through some of your own posts.
                                I do. That doesn't change the fact that you are so messed up in the head that you envision someone saying they had been posting about something long before 9/11 is the equivalent to their having proclaimed that they had served on several "advisory posts to government."

That takes a very "special" sort of person to reason like that.

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                                So what? I suspect you are hardly unique in that respect.
                                Never said differently. And I most certainly didn't say or even apply that this meant I had served on several "advisory posts to government" like your fetid imagination dreamed up.

It looks like you discovered something you were previously unaware of and hurriedly posted it seeking to show others what you (now) knew, only to discover this is old news. So, embarrassed, you petulantly lashed out.

Comment