Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The prescience of Carl Sagan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Forgot to take your medication this morning?

YOU were the one who brought up experts warning about rightwing extremist groups for years, so I was hardly "switching away from the topic."
    I did not bring anything up. I offered a short citation from an AP report on concerns within the USA about "homegrown extremism" in reference to the 6 January Capitol riot. However, you clearly do not want to address the rest of that short citation, nor the evidence from the NYT documentary..
    Last edited by rogue06; 08-13-2021, 02:09 PM. Reason: edit not quote
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I did not bring anything up. I offered a short citation from an AP report on concerns within the USA about "homegrown extremism" in reference to the 6 January Capitol riot. However, you clearly do not want to address the rest of that short citation, nor the evidence from the NYT documentary..
      I quit paying attention to what the NYT had to say about Trump or anything related to him not long after they got caught fabricating quotes from former beauty pageant contestants shortly before the 2016 election. And they didn't improve.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You "introduced the topic" to use H_A speak.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

You "introduced the topic" to use H_A speak.
          I cited part of an article that included a reference to the concerns of experts about "homegrown extremism" in reference to the 6 January Capitol riot. The article section I cited also contained the comment that "In many cases, those who stormed the Capitol appeared to employ tactics, body armor and technology such as two-way radio headsets that were similar to those of the very police they were confronting." That comment contradicted rogue06' s understanding that:

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          The only report of anyone wearing body armor I've seen was by a Congressman. Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL) said he wore one when he made a speech to the protesters because he said he was warned of potential violence.

However, rogue06 did not appear willing to respond to the evidence that some of those protesters were wearing body armour, nor the further confirmation of that fact from the NYT documentary on the 6 January incident. That documentary also made it evident that some extremist groups present on that day came with the intent of violence and incited other members of the crowd.

Instead he diverted to expressing his views concerning the BLM protests, which is "whataboutism"; namely the logical fallacy that diverts attention away from the current topic by making a counter accusation.

He has further confirmed his uninterest in anything that is reported by the NYT with his latest reply which strikes me as a rather childish reaction to a respected newspaper, despite its failings on occasion.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          I quit paying attention to what the NYT had to say about Trump or anything related to him not long after they got caught fabricating quotes from former beauty pageant contestants shortly before the 2016 election. And they didn't improve.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I cited part of an article that included a reference to the concerns of experts about "homegrown extremism" in reference to the 6 January Capitol riot. The article section I cited also contained the comment that "In many cases, those who stormed the Capitol appeared to employ tactics, body armor and technology such as two-way radio headsets that were similar to those of the very police they were confronting." That comment contradicted rogue06' s understanding that:

However, rogue06 did not appear willing to respond to the evidence that some of those protesters were wearing body armour, nor the further confirmation of that fact from the NYT documentary on the 6 January incident. That documentary also made it evident that some extremist groups present on that day came with the intent of violence and incited other members of the crowd.

Instead he diverted to expressing his views concerning the BLM protests, which is "whataboutism"; namely the logical fallacy that diverts attention away from the current topic by making a counter accusation.

He has further confirmed his uninterest in anything that is reported by the NYT with his latest reply which strikes me as a rather childish reaction to a respected newspaper, despite its failings on occasion.
            Wow. You mean there were some extremists among the crowd. Who would have ever thunk that.

But if wearing body armor is enough to turn something into an insurrection then I guess this should be more than enough to convince you that the months of rioting (574 officially declared riots) were part of an insurrection.

4e2b6a17-745a-4aab-8f41-991ca7671f15.jpg
            This is the self-declared "warlord" Raz Simone of Seattle's CHAZ/CHOP who
            posted a video of himself handing out AR-15s and AKs, including to minors, on
            his Facebook page in order to "protect" their territory

And don't forget, this was the Autonomous Zone (area seized by force and declared to be an independent political entity) from which four people were shot (two fatally) in separate incidents for the crime of approaching their "turf."

Similarly, in Atlanta, at another CHAZ site, an 8-year-old girl was shot and killed when antifa/BLM insurrectionists opened fire on her mother's car as she attempted to turn around in a parking lot when she came across their barricade.

Btw, if you look up the guy above. The one who distributed "assault weapons," even to kids, and that were used to gun people down. He was never even charged with a crime that a Democrat DA could later let him walk away from.

Maybe if he wore a buffalo cape...
            Last edited by rogue06; 08-14-2021, 06:04 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And? You use any mention af something asan "introduction" to derail. So, to use your language and standards, "you introduced the topic".

Don't cry foul when your own tactics are used against you.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

And? You use any mention af something asan "introduction" to derail. So, to use your language and standards, "you introduced the topic".

Don't cry foul when your own tactics are used against you.

"It ain't necessarily so
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment