Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mass Psychosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Sounds to me like it is mostly legal stuff to distinguish the pre- and post- approved products.
    Which begs the question: why the distinction if they are really the exact same formula?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Which begs the question: why the distinction if they are really the exact same formula?
      To legally distinguish between the product that was released earlier and the branded product as it says. They are not going to go back and relabel every batch sent out previously. So they need to be able to legally distinguish between the two "versions" that will be out in the field, even though they are the same formula. It's lawyer stuff.

Comment

To legally distinguish between the product that was released earlier and the branded product as it says. They are not going to go back and relabel every batch sent out previously. So they need to be able to legally distinguish between the two "versions" that will be out in the field, even though they are the same formula. It's lawyer stuff.
        That's not nearly as fun as a conspiracy theory...

Comment

And yet the two supposedly identical products are being given different use authorizations. It's all very strange.

Comment

And yet the two supposedly identical products are being given different use authorizations. It's all very strange.
            No they have the same authorization just distinguishing the name. Most likely because of the labeling I mentioned earlier. That way places that have the old labelled vaccine can still use them as fully licensed vaccine rather than having to toss them out and get the ones labelled "Comirnity"

From what I quoted earlier:

COMIRNATY (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA) is the same formulation as the Pfizer-BioNTech
            COVID-19 Vaccine and can be used interchangeably with the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19

Vaccine to provide the COVID-19 vaccination series.

Comment

No they have the same authorization just distinguishing the name. Most likely because of the labeling I mentioned earlier. That way places that have the old labelled vaccine can still use them as fully licensed vaccine rather than having to toss them out and get the ones labelled "Comirnity"

From what I quoted earlier:

COMIRNATY (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA) is the same formulation as the Pfizer-BioNTech
              COVID-19 Vaccine and can be used interchangeably with the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19

Vaccine to provide the COVID-19 vaccination series.
              Yes, but then the fine print indicates that each formulation is governed by different use authorizations. I've heard one theory that this is a clever way of giving Pfizer an out from lawsuits since they can't be held liable for injuries suffered by a product approved for emergency use, but they apparently can be for a "fully approved" product, which essentially gives Pfizer an "out" from any legal action depending what they call the vaccine.

Comment

Yes, but then the fine print indicates that each formulation is governed by different use authorizations. I've heard one theory that this is a clever way of giving Pfizer an out from lawsuits since they can't be held liable for injuries suffered by a product approved for emergency use, but they apparently can be for a "fully approved" product, which essentially gives Pfizer an "out" from any legal action depending what they call the vaccine.
                Might be. If you are vaccinated before the vaccine was licensed, it might mean they are covered by the government and can't be sued, but if you are vaccinated AFTER it was licensed, then it won't matter which label you get, you would be able to sue like under any other prescription vaccine. So basically if that is what is going on, then they no longer have protection for either version since it specifically says they are the same formulation and can be used interchangeably. It might be the government saying, "OK, now you are on your own, good luck"

Comment

Surely you realize there is a significant difference between a laboratory "modifying coronaviruses specifically for the purpose of making them infectious to humans" for research, and creating a bioweapon.
                  Since you haven't specified the "significant difference" you mean, and you're a blithering idiot, it's safe to assume that you're wrong.
                  Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                  MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to, but it sounds like a way of describing the fact that COMIRNATY has a BLA Approval for two shots, for individuals age 16 and up. The Emergency Use Authorization is still necessary for those aged 12-15, and for booster shots.

Comment