Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mass Psychosis

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Swedish vaccine researcher says we don't have any idea how long the China flu vaccines actually provide protection, and that multiple "jabs" may be required. But they don't know how many. Or for how long. Or how effective each subsequent injection will be.

    Trust the science, right, guys?

    https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...vaccine-shots/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Swedish vaccine researcher says we don't have any idea how long the China flu vaccines actually provide protection, and that multiple "jabs" may be required. But they don't know how many. Or for how long. Or how effective each subsequent injection will be.

      Trust the science, right, guys?

      https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...vaccine-shots/
      Lol yep. Meanwhile we know that natural immunity lasts years, with t-cells remembering SARS from 17 years ago (to the point that they recognize its cousin covid as being similar enough to fight and produce antibodies against it)
      "So when you actually get the virus, you're going to start producing antibodies against multiple pieces of the virus. So, your antibodies are probably better at that point than the vaccination."
      - Pfizer Scientist Chris Croce

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by seanD View Post


        I think it works something like this:

        Person who makes inaccurate forecasts = crazy.
        Person who makes accurate forecasts = not crazy.

        You've got the formula mixed up.

        Opinionated blowhard who's constantly wrong about everything -- that would be you, so I guess that cancels out the idea you're Ox. At least Ox gets some things right.
        Wow you have really turned into a major jackass. You are acting angry and being insulting to me just because my opinion disagrees with yours. Are you that insecure?

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Ronson View Post

          Can you elaborate on this?

          A city government making vaccination mandatory for its employees is an understandable government mandate. The federal government requiring all citizens and non-citizens within its borders to become vaccinated is Orwellian. I imagine the SCOTUS mandate decision was somewhere in between.
          I linked to a case earlier in the thread. In 1905 a town mandated everyone get a smallpox vaccine and a man refused and it went to the supreme court, where they ruled that is was legal to mandate vaccines.

          “The good and welfare of the Commonwealth, of which the legislature is primarily the judge, is the basis on which the police power rests in Massachusetts, upon the principle of self-defense, of paramount necessity, a community has the right to protect itself against an epidemic of disease which threatens the safety of its members.”

          https://supreme.justia.com/cases/fed...pinion-1921099

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

            The difference, of course, is that my risk is passive while anybody who gets "the jab" is actively putting themselves at risk.
            Your choice to not get the jab is still a choice and thus you are actively putting yourself at risk of catching COVID.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

              Most people who investigate covid-19 realize there is a plethora of effective treatments. The key is to go to a doctor or hospital which are able and willing to use effective treatments. But some people who are pro-conspiracy will reject the scientific evidence of the effective treatments that are available.

              If anyone has to go in to the hospital for breathing problems or any problem, it is best to see if their protocols allow and support use of Ivermectin, Vitamin D, Budesonide or other such treatments.
              And yet many still die. Isn't it best to avoid that risk and need to try such treatments in the first place?

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Sparko View Post

                And yet many still die. Isn't it best to avoid that risk and need to try such treatments in the first place?
                I showed the whistleblower number which shows covid shot deaths (apparently based on data queries by a computer programmer or related skill) are more like 45,000 in the US. Deaths by covid-19 alone in the first year were maybe 100k (i.e., 500k * 20% ) or 50k when using a lower proportion (where the early proportion by NIH or CDC was 4% by covid-19 alone). The news on this experimental covid shot just gets worse and worse.

                Too many hospitals have avoided the effective protocols for treatment. Even the high count of 500k would have been reduced by something like 80% in the US with proper treatment. In many hospitals in the US and UK (and in nursing homes), many people have been charted with the do-not-resuscitate instruction even without patient consent. Figure if you were in a nursing home and agreed to that for a heart attack or some other severe sickness ... but now they apply this DNR to a covid shot -- That is not what I would imagine a need for a DNR in that situation. But the nursing homes let them die.

                We have to get out of this mass hysteria and come to a rational mind again.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Sparko View Post

                  Your choice to not get the jab is still a choice and thus you are actively putting yourself at risk of catching COVID.
                  That's a passive risk by definition, but whatever. This tit-for-tat is pointless. I was being sincere when I said I hope the vaccine doesn't cause you any difficulties, but you appear to have to taken it otherwise.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God


                  From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                    That's a passive risk by definition, but whatever. This tit-for-tat is pointless. I was being sincere when I said I hope the vaccine doesn't cause you any difficulties, but you appear to have to taken it otherwise.
                    No. I was being sincere also. I respect your choice and don't wish you any harm because of it. I am against mandating vaccines. I think it would backfire, even if ruled legal. And people should have a choice.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Roy View Post
                      No. There are not more people dying of covid in the US now than there were during the last wave. There are not more people dying/hospitalised from the vaccine than from the virus.

                      People are literally dying because they swallow the misinformation being spread about COVID.
                      Still, it's a bit harsh to call him a liar.

                      Just about everything he says that is capable of being independently verified turns out to be false, but that doesn't mean he's lying.

                      Most of what he says can be explained as a result of the Dunning-Kruger effect, coupled with his seeking out misinformation to confirm his biases, some fallacious reasoning, and perhaps a bit of delusion.

                      Even the fact that he's been corrected over and over again doesn't mean that he's lying. He just doesn't believe the corrections, for the above reasons.

                      So one would have to be a mind-reader to state categorically that he doesn't really believe all that nonsense.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Sparko View Post

                        Wow you have really turned into a major jackass. You are acting angry and being insulting to me just because my opinion disagrees with yours. Are you that insecure?
                        If you can't take it, don't dish it. Next time think twice about throwing that "paranoid conspiracy theorist" accusation around. You'd think a guy with egg on his face would chill out about that a bit.
                        "What am I doing here?" -- Joe Biden 2021

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Stoic View Post

                          Still, it's a bit harsh to call him a liar.

                          Just about everything he says that is capable of being independently verified turns out to be false, but that doesn't mean he's lying.

                          Most of what he says can be explained as a result of the Dunning-Kruger effect, coupled with his seeking out misinformation to confirm his biases, some fallacious reasoning, and perhaps a bit of delusion.

                          Even the fact that he's been corrected over and over again doesn't mean that he's lying. He just doesn't believe the corrections, for the above reasons.

                          So one would have to be a mind-reader to state categorically that he doesn't really believe all that nonsense.
                          I'm not sure who you are talking about. Much of the stuff I share is scientific studies. Sometimes I just have data shared by others. Nothing has been sufficiently contested, no matter how much the people under the spell of propaganda think they have shared contrary information.


                          Anyhow, this thread was posted so people may recognize what is happening to them -- the frog dropped in the cold water that slowly heats up.

                          If there had been good arguments against what I have shared, I would not be holding to ideas that turned out to be wrong.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by seanD View Post

                            If you can't take it, don't dish it. Next time think twice about throwing that "paranoid conspiracy theorist" accusation around. You'd think a guy with egg on his face would chill out about that a bit.
                            I only mentioned that after you made a jackass statement about Oxmix having hijacked my account. It seems you are the one who can dish it out but can't take it.

                            Go back and read my summary and tell me what am I so wrong about that you feel you have to be a nasty jackass to me about it? I was polite to you until you started with the nastiness. I am still trying to be polite.

                            eta;: you seemed to have jumped threads on me and started hounding me in this thread about something you think I said in another one. But anyway, this is my summary of what I posted in that other thread.

                            Can the government mandate vaccines? according to SCOTUS, yes. Should they? No. Will they? I don't know.
                            Can private companies limit access to their property based on who is vaccinated? Yes. it's their property.
                            Will they be able to access some central database of vaccinated people with your status listed without your permission? No.
                            Can they demand you show proof of vaccination before entering? Yes. Can you fake that proof? Easily.

                            What exactly about that do you find so offensive that you feel you have to act like a complete jackass to me?


                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

                              Well I guess I'm one of those crazed rapture-mentality people.

                              While I do see attempted deceptions, what I do see are dumb people who believe the stupidity coming from the left.
                              No problems.

                              My point was against people's perception of bias -- of forcing modern events into a preconceived pattern. I was trying to point out that bunches of even agnostic professionals are finding the media narrative as propaganda ... of promoting a panic that stops people from thinking logically. If things fit specific details which people feel matches their eschatological view, that is a separate discussion.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Sparko View Post

                                I only mentioned that after you made a jackass statement about Oxmix having hijacked my account. It seems you are the one who can dish it out but can't take it.

                                Go back and read my summary and tell me what am I so wrong about that you feel you have to be a nasty jackass to me about it? I was polite to you until you started with the nastiness. I am still trying to be polite.

                                eta;: you seemed to have jumped threads on me and started hounding me in this thread about something you think I said in another one. But anyway, this is my summary of what I posted in that other thread.

                                Can the government mandate vaccines? according to SCOTUS, yes. Should they? No. Will they? I don't know.
                                Can private companies limit access to their property based on who is vaccinated? Yes. it's their property.
                                Will they be able to access some central database of vaccinated people with your status listed without your permission? No.
                                Can they demand you show proof of vaccination before entering? Yes. Can you fake that proof? Easily.

                                What exactly about that do you find so offensive that you feel you have to act like a complete jackass to me?
                                That was actually in this thread.

                                https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...is#post1289350

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Hypatia_Alexandria, Today, 09:17 AM
                                13 responses
                                60 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Hypatia_Alexandria  
                                Started by Gondwanaland, Yesterday, 04:51 PM
                                6 responses
                                42 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Gondwanaland  
                                Started by Gondwanaland, Yesterday, 12:16 PM
                                37 responses
                                135 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Gondwanaland  
                                Started by rogue06, Yesterday, 10:11 AM
                                0 responses
                                29 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Started by Reepicheep, 10-23-2021, 12:53 PM
                                58 responses
                                306 views
                                2 likes
                                Last Post Mountain Man  
                                Working...
                                X