Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mass Psychosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

The Pfizer one has been approved by the FDA, officially making it not an experiment.
    The vaccine known as "Comirnaty" has been approved but is not yet widely available. The vaccine currently available is the one that was approved for emergency use authorization. Furthermore, the FDA says that the approval is conditioned on Pfizer agreeing to continue monitoring and studying the side effects caused by the vaccine, and that approval could be withdrawn at a later date if the vaccine is found to be unduly harmful. The FDA further acknowledges that the vaccine was given "Priority Review" which is not the same as a full traditional approval process which generally takes years of rigorous testing. Basically, a priority review says that whoever put their rubber stamp on the approval believes that the benefits outweigh the number of known risks, and the benefits are so desperately needed that we can't wait for full approval.
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 09-22-2021, 06:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NorrinRadd
    replied
    Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

The Pfizer one has been approved by the FDA, officially making it not an experiment.
    This is a situation where "de facto" vs. "de jure" comes into play.

Leave a comment:

• NorrinRadd
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

So I tracked down the context for that first quote, and it was in response to a guy who seemed to be pushing the conspiracy theory that the US government was intentionally releasing infected people into the country in order to spread the China flu, so, yeah, pretty nutty.

But also notice Dishonest Roy's pairing of these quotes to give the false impression that they are contradictory. In the first quote, I dismiss the idea that there is a government conspiracy to deliberately infect the public with the China flu by likening it to the equally silly idea that the government uses vaccines in general "to secretly conduct nefarious experiments on the population". It's further worth noting that this statement had nothing at all to do with the current China flu vaccines which didn't even exist at the time.
    The FBI and other intel agencies have become so corrupt, I'm starting to regard The X-Files as a docudrama.

In the second quote, I call the China flu vaccines experimental because they are be definition (why do you think think so many frontline healthcare worker are refusing to take them?), but nowhere do I suggest or even imply that the government is using them "to secretly conduct nefarious experiments on the population".

More simply, acknowledging the plain fact that the China flu vaccines are experimental does not suggest that the government is using them for nefarious purposes.
    However, I think the fact that they are pushing the vaxes so hard while restricting access to therapeutics IS evidence of nefarious intent.

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied

So I tracked down the context for that first quote, and it was in response to a guy who seemed to be pushing the conspiracy theory that the US government was intentionally releasing infected people into the country in order to spread the China flu, so, yeah, pretty nutty.

But also notice Dishonest Roy's pairing of these quotes to give the false impression that they are contradictory. In the first quote, I dismiss the idea that there is a government conspiracy to deliberately infect the public with the China flu by likening it to the equally silly idea that the government uses vaccines in general "to secretly conduct nefarious experiments on the population". It's further worth noting that this statement had nothing at all to do with the current China flu vaccines which didn't even exist at the time.

In the second quote, I call the China flu vaccines experimental because they are be definition (why do you think think so many frontline healthcare worker are refusing to take them?), but nowhere do I suggest or even imply that the government is using them "to secretly conduct nefarious experiments on the population".

More simply, acknowledging the plain fact that the China flu vaccines are experimental does not suggest that the government is using them for nefarious purposes.

It's okay, Dishonest Roy, I don't expect you to acknowledge or apologize for your intentional deception.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Dishonest Roy View Post
    Then:
    You're a nut. Next you're going to tell us that the government is using vaccines to secretly conduct nefarious experiments on the population.

Now:
    A hospital in New York was forced to shutdown its maternity due to an exodus of staff who refuse to participate in the China flu vaccine experiment.

It's okay, Dishonest Roy, I don't expect you to acknowledge or apologize for your intentional deception.
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 09-22-2021, 06:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Dimbulb View Post
    What do you expect from someone with no brain and no morals, who's purpose in life appears to be to deceive as many people as possible by sharing false news and politics articles from lying propaganda sources?

Previously he was all about how Covid was an experimental Chinese bioweapon.

He now seems to think it's good to expose oneself and one's family to that experimental bioweapon.

Now he thinks that what's actually dangerous is to take the US manufactured and FDA approved vaccine to protect against the experimental Chinese bioweapon. A vaccine that billions of people have taken and the government of hundreds of countries have monitored for side-effects and agree they are negligible.

And now that the vaccine is fully approved and thoroughly tested he calls it 'experimental', but doesn't call the virus 'experimental' any longer, despite believing it to be a Chinese experimental bioweapon, because he wants to give the false impression it's safe to get the virus when it's clearly not at all safe as thoroughly proven in hundreds of countries.

He's a nutbar. And a deceiver.
    Speaking of being deceptive, nowhere have I said that the China flu is a bioweapon, and nowhere have I said that it's good to intentionally expose oneself to a pathogen.

As for the China flu vaccines being experimental, they are by definition because they have not been fully tested, and the many side effects associated with them are continuing to be monitored and documented. We are aware of a number of dangerous short-term side effects, and we won't know about the long-term side effects until they've been studied for a few more years. As for being "fully approved", if you're referring to the FDA approval, that was a nice bit of sleight-of-hand, wasn't it? What was approved was a product called " Comirnaty" which is not the same product as the experimental jabs currently available through emergency use authorization though that is how it is being deceptively promoted. Furthermore, if you read the fine print of the approval notice, even the FDA acknowledges the experimental nature of these vaccines and specifies that the approval is granted based on the condition that Pfizer continue "to conduct postmarketing studies to further assess the risks" of these vaccines.

Leave a comment:

• Starlight
    replied
    Originally posted by Roy View Post
    Then:
    "You're a nut. Next you're going to tell us that the government is using vaccines to secretly conduct nefarious experiments on the population."

Now:
    "A hospital in New York was forced to shutdown its maternity due to an exodus of staff who refuse to participate in the China flu vaccine experiment."
    What do you expect from someone with no brain and no morals, who's purpose in life appears to be to deceive as many people as possible by sharing false news and politics articles from lying propaganda sources?

Previously he was all about how Covid was an experimental Chinese bioweapon.

He now seems to think it's good to expose oneself and one's family to that experimental bioweapon.

Now he thinks that what's actually dangerous is to take the US manufactured and FDA approved vaccine to protect against the experimental Chinese bioweapon. A vaccine that billions of people have taken and the government of hundreds of countries have monitored for side-effects and agree they are negligible.

And now that the vaccine is fully approved and thoroughly tested he calls it 'experimental', but doesn't call the virus 'experimental' any longer, despite believing it to be a Chinese experimental bioweapon, because he wants to give the false impression it's safe to get the virus when it's clearly not at all safe as thoroughly proven in hundreds of countries.

He's a nutbar. And a deceiver.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    I'm curious why Roy chose to produce that first quote in such a manner as to make it difficult to easily see the context.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignorant Roy View Post
    Then:Now:

Leave a comment:

• Roy
    replied
    Then:
    Originally posted by Mountain Man
    You're a nut. Next you're going to tell us that the government is using vaccines to secretly conduct nefarious experiments on the population.
    Now:
    A hospital in New York was forced to shutdown its maternity due to an exodus of staff who refuse to participate in the China flu vaccine experiment.

Leave a comment:

• Stoic
    replied
    In other news, a new study suggests that 50% of all China flu hospitalizations are for mild or asymptomatic cases.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/scottm...-were-n2595832
    They make a good point.

ICU beds utilized for covid-19 patients is probably a more reliable metric.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/hos...on-7-day-trend

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoic View Post

"To be specific, I'm looking for an example of a doctor who has made a claim about the vaccines, where the claim has been falsely labeled "misinformation" and the doctor's opinion has been suppressed under coercion."

Another poster tried to provide such an example, and failed miserably. You seem to be afraid to try.
    It's not that I'm "afraid to try"; rather, you're demanding that I provide evidence for something I never claimed.

Leave a comment:

• Stoic
    replied
    Wow, are you really that dense? Earlier I posted a letter from licensing agencies that outright threatened doctors with losing their licenses and certifications if they dared to publicly contradict the state approved narrative. Why would they have to do that if, as we are led to believe, there really is widespread agreement among medical professionals about the China flu and its remedies? If you've been paying any attention to this thread, or seeking out other opinions with an open mind, then you know there is plenty of room for informed disagreement, but doctors are told, "No, sorry, that's all 'misinformation', and we will take away your livelihoods if you utter a word of it publicly."

So what I said is perfectly true: informed disagreement is being falsely labeled "misinformation" and suppressed under coercion.
    "To be specific, I'm looking for an example of a doctor who has made a claim about the vaccines, where the claim has been falsely labeled "misinformation" and the doctor's opinion has been suppressed under coercion."

Another poster tried to provide such an example, and failed miserably. You seem to be afraid to try.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

That might be the case, if such a vax existed. Such is not the case.
    The vaccine lowers your chance of catching it considerably. No vaccine is perfect. But from what I have read the chances you catch COVID if you are fully vaccinated and have a healthy immune system is 0.05% and of those only 9% required hospitalization. Which works out to 99.99% of vaccinated people NOT ending up in the hospital with a severe breakthrough case.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    In other news, a new study suggests that 50% of all China flu hospitalizations are for mild or asymptomatic cases.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/scottm...-were-n2595832

Leave a comment: