Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Cuomo the Harasser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I flipped thru channels yesterday or the day before and when it landed on CNN, I saw they had Zoom Masturbator Jeffrey Toobin covering the Cuomo story, and I was just

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

I'm not so optimistic. I mean, just look at Ralph Northam - literally posed as either blackface charicature or in a KKK costume (Don't think he ever made it clear which was him), and not only stayed in office but got re-elected. Cuomo seems to be quadrupling down, hunkering down, and continuing to raise money for another run, and probably is just hoping something else will take over the news in a few days.
      Two differences with Northam

1. He apologized. IIRC, it was kinda half-hearted, but that still makes it light years better than what "America's Governor" did. While it might be said that he just took a page from Clinton and Trump's playbook and has decided to tough it out, he added his own nasty Cuomo twist to things that took it to an entirely different level. Or three.

b) If Cuomo goes he gets replaced by another Democrat. While Northam was in trouble so too were his Lieutenant Governor and Attorney General. The next two in the line of succession. It was uncertain that any of them could weather their personal scandals. And if not, then the third in line was a Republican and he would become Governor. So unlike Cuomo, the state's Democrats either closed ranks behind or took the pressure off Northam (as did the MSM) in order to keep the Governorship in Democrat hands.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm not so optimistic. I mean, just look at Ralph Northam - literally posed as either blackface charicature or in a KKK costume (Don't think he ever made it clear which was him), and not only stayed in office but got re-elected. Cuomo seems to be quadrupling down, hunkering down, and continuing to raise money for another run, and probably is just hoping something else will take over the news in a few days.
        I think it depends on who wants him gone. If the establishment wants him gone (and that looks to be the case, otherwise MSM would have buried it), he's gone. The case of Northam is an example of typical leftist phoniness. They don't really care about racism. It's a political tool they use where it's convenient or just to virtue-signal. After all, look who they voted in -- a pro-segregationist dixiecrat racist.
        Last edited by seanD; 08-05-2021, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I think it depends on who wants him gone. If the establishment wants him gone (and that looks to be the case, otherwise MSM would have buried it), he's gone. The case of Northam is an example of typical leftist phoniness. They don't really care about racism. It's a political tool they use where it's convenient or just to virtue-signal. After all, look who they voted in -- a pro-segregationist dixiecrat racist.
          True, but one could say the same about #BelieveAllWomen. Leftisty phoniness, they don't really care about women being assaulted/raped/groped, unless it is convenient or done by someone who they don't like. Just look at the Groper In Chief.

Comment

True, but one could say the same about #BelieveAllWomen. Leftisty phoniness, they don't really care about women being assaulted/raped/groped, unless it is convenient or done by someone who they don't like. Just look at the Groper In Chief.
            Absolutely. I mean they just totally ignored Tara Reade, and there was far more evidence there than the zero evidence that was leveled at Kavanaugh. And that's my point. MSM wouldn't be this relentless if the establishment elites didn't want Cuomo gone. This is something far deeper than just harassment. They're using it here because they know it's a hot topic subject with the left and it gets them mileage. Cuomo must have done something to really tick off someone at the top.

Comment

Absolutely. I mean they just totally ignored Tara Reade, and there was far more evidence there than the zero evidence that was leveled at Kavanaugh. And that's my point. MSM wouldn't be this relentless if the establishment elites didn't want Cuomo gone. This is something far deeper than just harassment. They're using it here because they know it's a hot topic subject with the left and it gets them mileage. Cuomo must have done something to really tick off someone at the top.
              Try Cuomo's arrogance and take no prisoners politics. In the three terms as governor, he's probably burned a lot of bridges with many people and now there's no one left to stand up for him - well, except Fredo.
              "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

Try Cuomo's arrogance and take no prisoners politics. In the three terms as governor, he's probably burned a lot of bridges with many people and now there's no one left to stand up for him - well, except Fredo.
                I'm guessing he tried to hit on one the daughters or nieces of one of the elites or something.

Comment

So not only has Social Media become a wing of the Democrat party, happy to squelch conservative speech and criticism, it looks like the AG report uncovered evidence that Facebook was working with Cuomo to attack his accusers.

Source: Facebook executive helped Cuomo smear sex-harassment accuser: AG report

A top communications manager at Facebook helped Gov. Andrew Cuomo fight sexual misconduct allegations -- including by helping leak confidential files about accuser Lindsey Boylan and by participating in regular discussions about Cuomo’s communications strategy, according to the New York attorney general’s bombshell investigation.

Dani Lever — who had worked in Cuomo’s press operation since 2014 but left in August 2020 to join Facebook as a communications manager -- played a key role in Cuomo’s communications strategy even while working for Facebook, according to the investigation released Tuesday.

In December 2020, former Cuomo staffer Lindsey Boylan became the first of several women to accuse the governor of sexual harassment. Hours later, Cuomo communications director Rich Azzopardi decided to send Boylan’s confidential personnel files to several journalists in what investigators called an attempt to "discredit and disparage" her.

According to the attorney general’s report, Lever helped Cuomo’s staffers disseminate the files -- even though she had already been working at Facebook for months.

"Ms. Lever coordinated with some of the reporters who received the documents to let them know that the Executive Chamber would be sending them," reads the report.

The smear attempt came amid Lever’s broader participation in Cuomo’s defense as part of a "team of advisors from within and outside the Chamber [who] had ongoing and regular discussions about how to respond to the allegations publicly" that also included Cuomo’s CNN host brother Chris, according to the attorney general. Lever’s name appears 25 times in the attorney general’s report.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

[*article continues at link above*]

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

This is certainly still all over NY state news sites.

Summary News:
                    • I think just everyone in a position of authority in the NY Democratic party has called on him to resign.
                    • It appears likely that the votes are there to impeach him. It also appears likely that Cuomo will try to draw out the process as long as possible.
                    • One of the accusers in the AG report has filed a criminal complaint.
                    • Most interesting speculation: Cuomo will resign before being impeached so he can run for office again and be vindicated that way.
                    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                      This is certainly still all over NY state news sites.

Summary News:
                      • I think just everyone in a position of authority in the NY Democratic party has called on him to resign.
                      • It appears likely that the votes are there to impeach him. It also appears likely that Cuomo will try to draw out the process as long as possible.
                      • One of the accusers in the AG report has filed a criminal complaint.
                      • Most interesting speculation: Cuomo will resign before being impeached so he can run for office again and be vindicated that way.
                      It's kind of clear that the guy is showing extreme narcissistic, sexual deviancy, and megalomania tendencies that not even Trump paralleled. And yet this was the guy less than a year ago the entire MSM and political left edifice was praising as a hero and champion because he wasn't Trump. That's very telling.

Comment

It's kind of clear that the guy is showing extreme narcissistic, sexual deviancy, and megalomania tendencies that not even Trump paralleled. And yet this was the guy less than a year ago the entire MSM and political left edifice was praising as a hero and champion because he wasn't Trump. That's very telling.
                        A year or two before that Michael Avenatti was being offered up as the opposite of Trump -- especially by CNN. Now he just began serving his 2.5 years on a New York conviction, just started his federal trial, and IIRC Californifation is waiting their turn as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          A year or two before that Michael Avenatti was being offered up as the opposite of Trump -- especially by CNN. Now he just began serving his 2.5 years on a New York conviction, just started his federal trial, and IIRC Californifation is waiting their turn as well.
                          It just shows that the left has absolutely no principles, scruples, or discernment about character and what's good and right. Everything was based on TDS. Even science itself was adversely affected.

Comment

It just shows that the left has absolutely no principles, scruples, or discernment about character and what's good and right. Everything was based on TDS. Even science itself was adversely affected.
                            Do you, Sean, think Cuomo will survive this? Or you think he'll have to step down in the near future?
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Do you, Sean, think Cuomo will survive this? Or you think he'll have to step down in the near future?
                              Now there's talk of him possibly being arrested. I think someone on top of the food chain wants him gone, so yeah, one way or another he's gone.

Comment

Now there's talk of him possibly being arrested. I think someone on top of the food chain wants him gone, so yeah, one way or another he's gone.
                                Yeah, I just saw a commentary (realclearpolitics?) where the Dems are throwing him under the bus in hopes that will be enough to ease the fact that many Dems are having buyer's remorse over Biden.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment