Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Cuomo the Harasser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

CNN anchor Chris Cuomo will not face discipline by the network for advising his brother, Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D), on how to escape allegations of sexual misconduct.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...al-misconduct/
    Some of the articles I've seen posted today are mentioning that Chris is mentioned by name in the AG report. Apparently he was given access to privelidge information by Andrew. I think CNN may be reviewing their decision.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
      I'm thinking most important gauge of Cuomo political future is are his big donors abandoning him? If his money dries up, his political career goes with it,
      I think his "career" is pretty much over -- at least for any foreseeable future. The question is will he be able to ride out any attempted impeachment (if it ever gets that far). I think he can if he learns to shut up.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Some of the articles I've seen posted today are mentioning that Chris is mentioned by name in the AG report. Apparently he was given access to privelidge information by Andrew. I think CNN may be reviewing their decision.
        While t would be nice to see the hammer get dropped on liberals for a change, I have my doubts that anything will come of this. I suspect that something else will suddenly catch the attention of the media, and this story will be pushed out of the spotlight and quietly forgotten.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Looks like MSNBC is even saying that "Fredo" "should resign from covering politics or be fired."

Wouldn't it be ironic if "Fredo" lost his job and big brother Andrew didn't?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

While t would be nice to see the hammer get dropped on liberals for a change, I have my doubts that anything will come of this. I suspect that something else will suddenly catch the attention of the media, and this story will be pushed out of the spotlight and quietly forgotten.
            0y3hytd7rcf71.jpg

Comment

This didn't age well

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Yes, but his excuse is that it's not sexual harassment, he was just being friendly.

Comment

having been in Italy, they do the cheek kissing thing a lot, but with close friends, not strangers. But I don't think anyone has accused Cuomo of kissing cheeks in greeting. That's a red herring. He is accused of sexual harassment and making sexual advances to female workers.

Comment

While I think Cuomo is a creepy guy and a terrible leader, I also don't know a whole lot about him. He may be guilty but we know from experience that people do lie about these kinds of things. So, I'm going to take the same approach I always do on these kinds of accusations and wait for the actual evidence instead of an announcement of a condemning report that claims to have evidence.
                    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                      While I think Cuomo is a creepy guy and a terrible leader, I also don't know a whole lot about him. He may be guilty but we know from experience that people do lie about these kinds of things. So, I'm going to take the same approach I always do on these kinds of accusations and wait for the actual evidence instead of an announcement of a condemning report that claims to have evidence.
                      So a report by the NY State Attorney General is insufficient for you?

If you need to read it, link here: https://ag.ny.gov/sites/default/file...ive_report.pdf
                      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                        While it's certain that the various allegations had differing degrees of corroboration, including other witnesses and contemporaneous text messages, the Attorney General's Report looks pretty thorough: REPORT OF INVESTIGATION INTO ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT BY GOVERNOR ANDREW M. CUOMO. And no, I haven't read it, only skimmed through.

I think Letitia James knew if she didn't did make sure she dotted her i's and crosses her t's he would have her head as a trophy.

Still, even with that said, this isn't the equivalent of a criminal indictment. You would never head into court with just this.

Comment

I just saw a news article that the NY State Assembly committee investigating whether or not to impeach Cuomo has reminded him and his lawyers that they subpoenaed information with a August 13th deadline for response plus any other information they wish to supply. The article implies the subpoena was issued a while ago.

Not that we'll see the contents but it will be interesting to see how Cuomo keeps responding publicly.

Not sure how much this is still on the national news but for my local news, this issue is still front and center - even beats out Covid coverage.
                          Last edited by Thoughtful Monk; 08-05-2021, 10:58 AM. Reason: fixed wrong word - I hate spelling

Comment

I just saw a news article that the NY State Assembly committee investigating whether or not to impeach Cuomo has reminded him and his lawyers that they subpoenaed information with a August 13th deadline for response plus any other information they wish to supply. The article implies the subpoena was issued a while ago.

Not that we'll see the contents but it will be interesting to see how Cuomo keeps responding publicly.

Not sure how much this is still on the national news but for my local news, this issue is still front and center - even beats out Covid coverage.
                            On CNN on the day it broke it was about half of what Anderson Cooper and his guests talked about at 8PM. And likewise with Don Lemon on his show at 10PM. But a funny thing happened between them. At 9PM the host never brought it up. I guess that for some reason "Fredo" Cuomo must not have thought it newsworthy.

Comment

China flu hysteria is ramping up again with threats of lockdowns and mask and vaccine mandates which is ginning up plenty of controversy, so I'm guessing Cuomo will quickly become yesterday's news.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                I think his "career" is pretty much over -- at least for any foreseeable future. The question is will he be able to ride out any attempted impeachment (if it ever gets that far). I think he can if he learns to shut up.
                                I'm not so optimistic. I mean, just look at Ralph Northam - literally posed as either blackface charicature or in a KKK costume (Don't think he ever made it clear which was him), and not only stayed in office but got re-elected. Cuomo seems to be quadrupling down, hunkering down, and continuing to raise money for another run, and probably is just hoping something else will take over the news in a few days.

Comment