Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Alabama is prosecuting a mom for taking prescribed medication while pregnant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

What do you think are the chances that she will ever admit that the title is deceptive, and the entire "case" is simply the attempt of the woman's attorney to drum up sympathy for her FELONY prescription fraud case?

I'd say it's more likely that Horace the Bull will grow udders and get milk, and he's already processed and in the freezer.
    Exhibits 1 to 5878 indicate that the chances are somewhere between slim and none, and none just left town.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

We know. You got suckered.

I AM Cow Poke, you goofus.
      That's your opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

That's your opinion.
        Backed by irrefutable fact, Jack!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Backed by irrefutable fact, Jack!
          In your opinion.

Comment

• Please, H_A, Pretty please can I change the thread title so it's not glaringly dishonest?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Please, H_A, Pretty please can I change the thread title so it's not glaringly dishonest?
              It really bugs you doesn't it

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                It really bugs you doesn't it
                (I'm pretending it bugs me so I can keep bringing up what a fraud it is - don't tell Hyou_Know_Awho!)

Comment

The "article" is essentially a woman advocate attorney whose job it is to drum up sympathy for her client who has been charged with a felony.
                  Not in the article I cited in the OP. Ms Donegan is a journalist not an advocate.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Tis a foolish person who draws conclusons from one side of the story without hearing the actual facts in the case.
                  Until the court transcripts of the hearing/trial whatever it eventually becomes are made public no one knows the complete and "actual" facts. Not even Cow Poke the Infallible.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  The things that you're liable
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life
                  Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                    Not in the article I cited in the OP. Ms Donegan is a journalist not an advocate.
                    Try reading for comprehension.
                    Donegan is not the person to whom I was referring as an advocate.
                    I was referring to the ADVOCATE from whom Donegan got all her information -- the woman's lawyer.

Until the court transcripts of the hearing/trial whatever it eventually becomes are made public no one knows the complete and "actual" facts.
                    That's exactly what I said --- you have ONE SIDE of the story, presented by a very biased attorney whose only interest is making her client look less culpable.

Not even Cow Poke the Infallible.
                    Hit a nerve, did I?

Comment

...Media Men was a crowdsourced Google spreadsheet created during October 2017 that collected allegations and rumors of sexual misconduct against approximately 70 men[1] in the media industry, particularly in New York City. Moira Donegan,[2] a former assistant editor at The New Republic, initially began the spreadsheet online anonymously
                      Last edited by Bill the Cat; 08-04-2021, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Try reading for comprehension.
                        Donegan is not the person to whom I was referring as an advocate.
                        Then you should have provided a link to the article that you were referencing.

That's exactly what I said --- you have ONE SIDE of the story, presented by a very biased attorney whose only interest is making her client look less culpable.
                        You cannot know that until the "actual facts" are made available. You are offering pure speculative supposition.

Hit a nerve, did I?

Just having a laugh.

"It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Until the court transcripts of the hearing/trial whatever it eventually becomes are made public no one knows the complete and "actual" facts. Not even Cow Poke the Infallible.
                          You missed this while picking nit and ignoring content....

Guys, seriously..... this sounds like attorneys trying to build a case for a civil lawsuit against the prosecution, not an actual report of the incident.
                          And, BINGO......

Where do we get the biggest portion of information about this case?

Prescription fraud cases usually happen when a person uses a false identity or forgery to get controlled substances. Emma Roth, an attorney for National Advocates for Pregnant Women representing Blalock, said Lauderdale County officials are using charges of prescription fraud to get around the exemption in the chemical endangerment law.

A woman's advocacy lawyer!

ATTENTION WOMEN!!!!

Have you had the PERQUACKIES scared out of you because the police came to your house ASKING QUESTIONS?
                          Did it scare you so bad you didn't buy Christmas presents for your kids because you needed bail money?
                          Were the police in real police uniforms including carrying holstered GUNS?
                          Have the NEIGHBORS seen the police around your home?
                          Then you need to call our tough smart lawyer, Emma Roth,
                          who will write up your case in such a way
                          that it doesn't even sound like what happened,
                          but will make internet trolls start misleading threads about it!!!
                          Call 1-800-FAK-NEWS NOW!!!

(Emma Roth is a "civil rights attorney and gender justice advocate".

So, yeah, it still seems like this prosecution is overreach, but we're only hearing one very prejudiced side of the story.

Lemme repeat....

Emma Roth is a "civil rights attorney and gender justice advocate".

Comment

(Emma Roth is a "civil rights attorney and gender justice advocate".

So, yeah, it still seems like this prosecution is overreach, but we're only hearing one very prejudiced side of the story.

That you consider this is to be "one very prejudiced side of the story" exposes your own prejudice; given that you have [without any evidence] automatically assumed that Ms Roth, an attorney for National Advocates for Pregnant Women, has some sort of underhand plan "to drum up sympathy for her client".

"It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

That you consider this is to be "one very prejudiced side of the story" exposes your own prejudice;
                              Actually, no --- it's very clear that this is a DEFENSE attorney... an ADVOCATE (good that you finally honed in on the correct person)... whose job is to present a case for her client. That's practically the definition of "one sided".

given that you have [without any evidence] automatically assumed that Ms Roth, an attorney for National Advocates for Pregnant Women, has some sort of underhand plan "to drum up sympathy for her client".
                              You're really not too swoooft, are you? It's her JOB, as an ADVOCATE, to put her CLIENT in the best light possible.

This isn't rocket science. The "other side" (the prosecution) can't comment because it's an ongoing case.

Lemme try to dumb this down for you just a bit.

In a legal proceeding, we have, in the USofA, an "adversarial system", where there's...

A) a prosecution team --- they will present their side to PROSECUTE
                              2) a defense team --- they will present THEIR side to try to DEFEND (are ya seeing a pattern here?)
                              C) and a judge and/or jury who will try to impartially weigh both sides and come up with a verdict.

All you have heard is ONE SIDE, and it happens to be the ADVOCATE for the woman whose job it is to keep her from going to jail.

Comment

• For those interested in fact over hysteria and stupidity, here's a copy of the actual motion to dismiss charges in this case.

Note --- despite the loony rantings of those who appear profoundly ignorant of the US legal system, this represents a "one sided" case, as it is the defense's motion to dismiss the other side's (prosecution) case.

Been looking for the papers filed in court for the indictment, but as yet haven't found "the other side".

Comment