Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Alabama is prosecuting a mom for taking prescribed medication while pregnant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Nor do I need to experience that to know that it's incredibly common for US lawyers to coach such a woman to make those kinds of claims.

All I know is that you deal a whole lot more in hysterical speculation than you do solid fact.
    All I know is that like CD you have never personally experienced a sore vagina after giving birth, sore breasts when the milk comes in, nor cracked nipples from feeding on demand.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
      All I know is that like CD you have never personally experienced a sore vagina after giving birth, sore breasts when the milk comes in, nor cracked nipples from feeding on demand.
      You're probably right -- that's about ALL you know, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with your bogus thread title or your obsession with rumors and speculation over fact.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm dealing in fact, not rumor. She was NOT prosecuted for "taking prescribed medication while pregnant" as your bogus title claims. That's moronic.

The charge was prescription fraud.

Being charged with prescription fraud is a prosecution. And she is being charged with that offence because she took prescribed medication while she was pregnant and only told her doctor after the baby was born.

Therefore she is being prosecuted for taking prescribed medicine while pregnant. The only omission in the article's title is the fact that she did not tell her doctor until after her son had been born that she had been taking that medication during her pregnancy.

However, headlines tend towards gaining the reader's attention with the finer details being offered in the actual article.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

You're probably right -- that's about ALL you know, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with your bogus thread title or your obsession with rumors and speculation over fact.
          I'd get back to those livers if I were you.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Being charged with prescription fraud is a prosecution.
            You finally got something right.

Now, want me to correct the dishonest thread title for you?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'd get back to those livers if I were you.
              Misleading thread title -
              Honest thread title -
              Alabama is prosecuting a woman for prescription fraud.

Just say the word, and I'll change it. Surely, you don't want to continue perpetuating a lie.

Comment

I cannot compel you to leave the thread but it seems you just can't resist replying to me.
                Yes you can.

First you tell the poster not to post in the thread. Obviously make sure it is a thread you started.

Then report the post (hit the "flag" option) and include your reason.

Generally it will be approved[1[. Recently one wasn't because the OP was kicking anyone out who disagreed with what they said. That's what blogs are for. This is a debate/discussion forum -- although a member can start a blog (same rules apply as posting here though).

Finally, you can't keep addressing older posts by the person you kicked out, nor talk about them since that allows them to return and respond.

1. keep in mind that we are generally short staffed and it can take awhile for a response. If it really is a problem, file another report

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Premised on what you wrote in response to my post I merely corrected your misunderstanding of the word haruspex. As I informed you "following the evidence to where it goes" is not the definition of that word.
                  Your continued inability to comprehend and to totally misunderstand are duly noted.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Finally, you can't keep addressing older posts by the person you kicked out, nor talk about them since that allows them to return and respond.
                    Which is why I came back.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

And? You dismiss his experience all the time, so you've already dismissed this sort of reasoning.
                      She's back to her you-must-be-a-junkie-to-be-able-to-speak-on-drug-addiction line of reasoning again. I suspect it is primarily a tool she uses to silence male posters.

Comment

She's back to her you-must-be-a-junkie-to-be-able-to-speak-on-drug-addiction line of reasoning again. I suspect it is primarily a tool she uses to silence male posters.
                        It obviously doesn't work.

Comment

Seven armed officers arrived at her home two months after she gave birth. Did her offence really require the presence of that many officers descending on her home, and all of them armed?
                          Police are typically armed at all times. And cops often stop and check to see if they can assist each other around here. I imagine they do the same thing in Germany.

One of the times I got stopped two or three years ago for a broken headlight, two other cop cars pulled up while she was running my tag and license. One even had two cops in it.

I mean goodness sake! That was four armed officers surrounding me for a broken headlight! Something that "never hurt nobody." I guess I should have had a bout of the vapors or something.

Comment

Seven armed officers arrived at her home two months after she gave birth. Did her offence really require the presence of that many officers descending on her home, and all of them armed?
                            Have you ever had to serve a warrant, or search the home of a drug user?

Comment

Your continued inability to comprehend and to totally misunderstand are duly noted.
                              I corrected your misunderstanding of the word haruspex.
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Which is why I came back.
                                As you have stayed with the topic and stopped making silly comments about me, I have no issue with you posting to this thread.
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment