Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Alabama is prosecuting a mom for taking prescribed medication while pregnant

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    She's back to her you-must-be-a-junkie-to-be-able-to-speak-on-drug-addiction line of reasoning again. I suspect it is primarily a tool she uses to silence male posters.
    Since when did Cow Poke give birth? I assumed he was a biological male. Have I been misled?
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

    Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

      Have you ever had to serve a warrant, or search the home of a drug user?
      Ms Blalock was taking prescription medication.
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

      Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

        Ms Blalock was taking prescription medication.
        Which she apparently obtained by fraud. That's the actual prosecution, not that she took meds while pregnant.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

          I corrected your misunderstanding of the word haruspex.
          Your continued inability to comprehend and to totally misunderstand are duly noted.

          Or maybe it's just stubborn unwillingness.

          I'm always still in trouble again

          "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

            As you have stayed with the topic and stopped making silly comments about me, I have no issue with you posting to this thread.
            I'll make a note that you are overly sensitive and terribly insecure.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Your continued inability to comprehend and to totally misunderstand are duly noted.

              Or maybe it's just stubborn unwillingness.
              Premised on what you originally replied you clearly did not understand the meaning of the word haruspex.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              The things that you're liable
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

              Sportin' Life
              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                Which she apparently obtained by fraud. That's the actual prosecution, not that she took meds while pregnant.
                Had she not been pregnant her prescription would not have been the issue. As the article stated.

                Since Blalock is being charged with a felony for not disclosing her pregnancy, does that mean that pregnant people in Alabama have an obligation to share such sensitive information – even when they haven’t been asked? Since prosecutors claim that it was illegal for Blalock to take her meds while pregnant, but was not illegal for her to take them when she wasn’t pregnant, does that suggest that pregnancy negates a patient’s right to medical treatment? Are some conditions worth treating in patients who aren’t pregnant, but somehow not worth treating in patients who are?

                And what about the mandatory reporting elements that are included in so many of these statutes – how will this hollowing-out of doctor-patient confidentiality impact health outcomes? It’s hard not to dwell on the realization that if Blalock hadn’t been frank with her doctor, she would have been spared this entire ordeal.

                "It ain't necessarily so
                The things that you're liable
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

                Sportin' Life
                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

                  Since when did Cow Poke give birth? I assumed he was a biological male. Have I been misled?
                  This is the kind of stupid stuff you pull when you are unable to debate the actual facts.

                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

                    Premised on what you originally replied you clearly did not understand the meaning of the word haruspex.
                    Still ineptly flailing.

                    Never getting any "warmer."

                    I'm always still in trouble again

                    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Still ineptly flailing.

                      Never getting any "warmer."
                      Ineptly? I think she's mastering flailing!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                        Ineptly? I think she's mastering flailing!
                        Meh. I have a flail.
                        I've got a smaller version. That's a footman's flail. Mine is designed for use
                        from horseback although I find it works fine. And it has a much smaller head and spikes.


                        kisspng-flail-mace-middle-ages-weapon-knight-medieval-two-ball-flail-weapons-5ce2797fa4ee98.4048315415583461116756.jpg
                        More like this but with a single spiked ball.




                        The secret is to keep it moving. A figure-eight is good pattern.

                        A former British bobby taught me that.

                        It is purely an attack weapon. There is no deflecting or parrying although you can wrap the chain around another weapon and yank it away. But as I said with this you need to go on the offensive. Basically, act like a Viking berserker. Scream bloody murder and come in swinging. Hopefully you'll terrorize your foe causing them to freeze or even flee.

                        And wear thick gloves along with something like bracers or leather wrappings around your wrists & lower arms. Those spikes like to take little nicks out of your hand and arm when it rebounds off a struck target. The wooden handle of mine has it's share of nicks and divots from that as well

                        I'm always still in trouble again

                        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

                          Had she not been pregnant her prescription would not have been the issue. As the article stated.

                          Since Blalock is being charged with a felony for not disclosing her pregnancy, does that mean that pregnant people in Alabama have an obligation to share such sensitive information – even when they haven’t been asked? Since prosecutors claim that it was illegal for Blalock to take her meds while pregnant, but was not illegal for her to take them when she wasn’t pregnant, does that suggest that pregnancy negates a patient’s right to medical treatment? Are some conditions worth treating in patients who aren’t pregnant, but somehow not worth treating in patients who are?

                          And what about the mandatory reporting elements that are included in so many of these statutes – how will this hollowing-out of doctor-patient confidentiality impact health outcomes? It’s hard not to dwell on the realization that if Blalock hadn’t been frank with her doctor, she would have been spared this entire ordeal.
                          The issues from the law-enforcement point of view seem to be:
                          The woman took prescription medicine that she was not entitled to have.
                          She was required to reveal her pregnancy so that she would not be prescribed medication that is contraindicated for women who are pregnant.
                          She knew that the medicine was not suitable for pregnant women.


                          All of which is stated in the article you posted, despite its own heading.

                          Stupid, dangerous, and unjust enforcement of laws regarding dispensing and consumption of prescribed medication does happen from time to time. This doesn't seem to be one of those times.
                          sigpic1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

                            Ms Blalock was taking prescription medication.
                            Which is a drug that she used.
                            Last edited by CivilDiscourse; 08-03-2021, 04:11 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by tabibito View Post

                              The issues from the law-enforcement point of view seem to be:
                              The woman took prescription medicine that she was not entitled to have.
                              She was required to reveal her pregnancy so that she would not be prescribed medication that is contraindicated for women who are pregnant.
                              She knew that the medicine was not suitable for pregnant women.


                              All of which is stated in the article you posted, despite its own heading.

                              Stupid, dangerous, and unjust enforcement of laws regarding dispensing and consumption of prescribed medication does happen from time to time. This doesn't seem to be one of those times.
                              Do you actually read what is posted?
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              The things that you're liable
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

                              Sportin' Life
                              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

                                Which is a drug that she used.
                                Oh well done you have worked that one out.
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                The things that you're liable
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

                                Sportin' Life
                                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Sparko, Today, 08:10 AM
                                2 responses
                                37 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Gondwanaland  
                                Started by CivilDiscourse, 09-19-2021, 07:03 PM
                                5 responses
                                53 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Started by Gondwanaland, 09-19-2021, 12:34 PM
                                19 responses
                                155 views
                                2 likes
                                Last Post Mountain Man  
                                Started by Gondwanaland, 09-19-2021, 10:21 AM
                                6 responses
                                98 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Started by Ronson, 09-17-2021, 08:16 PM
                                14 responses
                                118 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Cow Poke  
                                Working...
                                X