Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Alabama is prosecuting a mom for taking prescribed medication while pregnant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Well, that's your opinion, and given your opinion about men bathing with small children, I don't think anybody here trusts your judgment.
    You are also in danger of derailing my thread [a comment you have made about me]. If you cannot stay on topic feel free to cease contributing.

"It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
      The article makes it clear that re hydrocodone "she started using it occasionally when the pain became too much to handle. She stopped taking her prescription during her most recent pregnancy, but as her bump grew, the weight added pressure on her back, and the pain worsened. Midway through her third trimester, she couldn’t take it any more, and refilled her prescription." However, we are not informed as to her reasons for ceasing to use it during her pregnancy. . You simply leapt to an assumption.
      A) I'm still awed by the highly technical language - "as her bump grew".
      2) Why would she stop taking the pain medicine during pregnancy for any other reason than that pregnant women should be extra cautious with smoking, alcohol, drugs, etc. It's a perfectly common sense assumption, not "leapt to".
      C) "refilling a prescription" is a purposeful act that should have been preceded by a consult with her doctor.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

A) I'm still awed by the highly technical language - "as her bump grew".
        2) Why would she stop taking the pain medicine during pregnancy for any other reason than that pregnant women should be extra cautious with smoking, alcohol, drugs, etc. It's a perfectly common sense assumption, not "leapt to".
        C) "refilling a prescription" is a purposeful act that should have been preceded by a consult with her doctor.

Ah are you another haruspex? There seem to be several on these boards.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

There is far more evidence of you being a pervert than of me being a haruspex. (yeah, I had to look that up. )
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

There is far more evidence of you being a pervert than of me being a haruspex. (yeah, I had to look that up. )
            Well done now you have learned a new word. However, as you seem to wish to derail this thread by making accusations against me, please cease to contribute. You are becoming something of a bore.
            "It ain't necessarily so
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Well done now you have learned a new word.
              I find such words are generally used by somebody who has been educated FAR beyond their intelligence, and they need to sound smart.

However, as you seem to wish to derail this thread by making accusations against me, please cease to contribute. You are becoming something of a bore.
              Too much for you, eh? You can always pitch a little fit and demand I run off on an errand for you or something (again).

(OK, making note that H_A can't stand the heat and wants me out of her kitchen)

Bye!

Comment

I recommend you obtain a copy of this.

Comment

I recommend you obtain a copy of this.

I theenk i readz jest fine thanck ewe.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It's called following the evidence to where it goes.

I guess this is yet another concept that you are unfamiliar with but as soon as you Google it will soon be regaling us with your knowledge.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I find such words are generally used by somebody who has been educated FAR beyond their intelligence, and they need to sound smart.

Too much for you, eh? You can always pitch a little fit and demand I run off on an errand for you or something (again).

Bye!
                      You're not going to miss anything. It's pretty clear that the article wildly misrepresented things in order to present the narrative they wanted.

Further, it's also obvious that H_A selected it because it allowed her to push her apparent belief that we're teetering on the verge on falling into the most ridiculously imagined theocracy ever -- an exact copy of The Handmaid's Tale

Comment

Bye!
                        If an individual is well educated they do not need to "sound" smart.

As for my requesting you leave, you do not appear to realise that you have done precisely what on various occasions you have accused me of doing; namely you have attempted to derail a thread by introducing extraneous topics.

Now if you wish to start a thread accusing me of being a "pervert", you are, of course, free to do so [assuming site rules permit].
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          It's called following the evidence to where it goes.
                          No you are quite wrong, "following the evidence to where it goes" is not the definition of a haruspex.

"It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Oh look CD has posted a very large image.
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              You're not going to miss anything. It's pretty clear that the article wildly misrepresented things in order to present the narrative they wanted.
                              Do tell us what you think was incorrect concerning Ms Blalock's experience. Are you personally acquainted with her?

"It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

If an individual is well educated they do not need to "sound" smart.

As for my requesting you leave, you do not appear to realise that you have done precisely what on various occasions you have accused me of doing; namely you have attempted to derail a thread by introducing extraneous topics.

Now if you wish to start a thread accusing me of being a "pervert", you are, of course, free to do so [assuming site rules permit].
                                Lemme 'splain how this works...

When you kick somebody out of your thread, then you continue to address them, it can be considered an invitation for them to return.

A) I'm fully aware that I can start a thread on any topic I wish within the decorum of this board.
                                2) I have no desire to explore the extent to which you may or may not be a pervert - others here are well aware of posts you made that opened that door.
                                C) Somebody who has to keep defending their "smartness" generally doesn't appear as smart as they wish to appear.
                                iii) Having an education is no substitute for common sense, the ability to use logic or reason, or the ability to clearly communicate, all of which you seem to lack.

I know a lot of people who have tons of book learning, but haven't got the common sense God gave a piss ant. :Shrug:

Comment