Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Alabama is prosecuting a mom for taking prescribed medication while pregnant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    I am "admitting" nothing.
    Not intentionally, of course, but yeah -- you were.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yet as the article notes "She gave birth to a healthy baby boy soon after, this past September. Out of caution, she told her doctor about medications she had taken during pregnancy – including the hydrocodone. That’s where the trouble started. After her son tested positive for hydrocodone, an investigation was launched. The state child services agency found no wrongdoing, but the local police and district attorney pressed on." In other words unnecessary interference on the part of the DA and the police into a situation where no wrongdoing had been identified.
      Well, that's your opinion, and given your opinion about men bathing with small children, I don't think anybody here trusts your judgment.

A situation of serious concern but entirely irrelevant to Ms Blalock's case.
      It's probably the reason for the focus.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I also appear to be right in that you do not have much understanding of complex sentences and the basic rules of grammar and syntax.
        Whatever it takes for you to sleep at night

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Maybe later I'll be able to get past this ridiculous hysterical tripe and read the actual story.
          The actual story is laden with hysterical tripe, too.

I don't know how doctors deal with medication during pregnancy where H_A resides, but here pregnant women cannot take medications known to be dangerous for fetal development without an exceptional overriding concern. This is because damage to the developing fetus can cause life-long problems for the child. If the doctor had known she was pregnant but needed medication for pain management, he would have prescribed her something less dangerous for the child. That the woman had stopped taking the medication when she became aware that she was pregnant shows that she knew it was unsafe.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post

I don't know how doctors deal with medication during pregnancy where H_A resides, but here pregnant women cannot take medications known to be dangerous for fetal development without an exceptional overriding concern. This is because damage to the developing fetus can cause life-long problems for the child. If the doctor had known she was pregnant but needed medication for pain management, he would have prescribed her something less dangerous for the child. That the woman had stopped taking the medication when she became aware that she was pregnant shows that she knew it was unsafe.
            She's not too terribly concerned about the welfare of children, as she advocates things like adults being naked around them, and bathing with them.

But, yeah, the story is written with a particular ax to grind, and her commentary on it reveals that's what she was going for.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              She advocates things like adults being naked around them, and bathing with them.
              Perfectly normal procedure in many societies.

But, yeah, the story is written with a particular ax to grind, and her commentary on it reveals that's what she was going for.
              Perfectly normal procedure for H_A.

1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
              Scripture before Tradition:
              but that won't prevent others from
              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                Perfectly normal procedure in many societies.
                But quite problematic in the US.

Perfectly normal procedure for H_A.
                You used "H_A" and "normal" in the same sentence!

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

"Standard Operating Procedure"?

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

This has nothing to do with the fact that she has other children. It is a comment on your misandry.

I’m afraid you are the idiosyncratic one in this thread.

As you appear to be attempting to derail a thread [a fault of which you have accused me] I would request that you stay on topic. If not, you are free to cease commenting.
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      The things that you're liable
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life
                      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Define what you understand by "normal".
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

As you appear to be attempting to derail a thread [a fault of which you have accused me] I would request that you stay on topic. If not, you are free to cease commenting.
                          Since you’ve asked so sweetly, I will leave. But I reserve the right to make a final comment. As is allowed on the site.

You are a nasty excuse for a human being and a disgrace to real women everywhere.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Define what you understand by "normal".
                            Make me.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post

Why is the article "laden with hysterical tripe"?

Do you think the use of seven armed police officers attending her home [and frightening her children] was a justifiable action when the child services had already decided no wrong doing on her part had occurred?

Do you imagine that this situation [and not just in Alabama] is going to encourage women taking necessary medication for pre-existing conditions to inform their doctors of their prescriptions? Or is it more likely that some women will lie or cease taking their medication for the duration of their pregnancy?

Nor does your comment that she had "stopped taking the medication when she became aware that she was pregnant shows that she knew it was unsafe" prove any such thing.

The article makes it clear that re hydrocodone "she started using it occasionally when the pain became too much to handle. She stopped taking her prescription during her most recent pregnancy, but as her bump grew, the weight added pressure on her back, and the pain worsened. Midway through her third trimester, she couldn’t take it any more, and refilled her prescription." However, we are not informed as to her reasons for ceasing to use it during her pregnancy. . You simply leapt to an assumption.

"It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Whatever it takes for you to sleep at night
                                I recommend you obtain a copy of this.

"It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment