Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Alabama is prosecuting a mom for taking prescribed medication while pregnant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

No, an opinion based on your prejudice.
    Based on what has been written by my correspondent.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Based on what has been written by my correspondent.
      Define "correspondent", and please identify who that might be.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Well, if you ignore the fact that the entire article is premised on a lie, then tries to support that lie.
        Is it a lie that Ms Blalock gave birth?
        Is it a lie that she suffers from severe back pain caused by degeneration of her spinal discs?
        Is it a lie that she is charged with prescription fraud? [see the opening sentence of paragraph 2]
        Is it a lie that despite the state child services agency finding she had committed no wrongdoing, the local and district attorney continued?
        Is it a lie that Alabama has a long history of prosecuting pregnant women under a strict reading of a statute against “chemical endangerment of a child”, which classifies substance use during pregnancy as a form of child abuse?

I could go on but I think I have made the point.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Is it a lie that Ms Blalock gave birth?
          Is it a lie that she suffers from severe back pain caused by degeneration of her spinal discs?
          Is it a lie that she is charged with prescription fraud? [see the opening sentence of paragraph 2]
          Is it a lie that despite the state child services agency finding she had committed no wrongdoing, the local and district attorney continued?
          Is it a lie that Alabama has a long history of prosecuting pregnant women under a strict reading of a statute against “chemical endangerment of a child”, which classifies substance use during pregnancy as a form of child abuse?

I could go on but I think I have made the point.
          It is not at all unusual for people who employ incredibly faulty logic to believe they have made a point they have not made.

And, please define "point".
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So, in your opinion, is she....

A) Really that big of a ditz?
            2) Just playing the ditz because it's fun
            C) Just loves to argue for the same of argument, regardless of facts or truth

(and I realize it would be your opinion, a word for which I will provide a definition in the not too distant future)
            This is one time that the traditional tweb reply to any multiple guess/choice question is the right one.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

In this specific instance an opinion that is informed given that it is premised on evidence.
              Another opinion that is certainly a minority view if not an outright outlier

Anywho... we all know what they say about opinions anyways.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Another opinion that is certainly a minority view if not an outright outlier

Anywho... we all know what they say about opinions anyways.
                Armpits or hineybos?

Comment

• This just in....

I have been wondering why a person's lawyer would be so interested in portraying her client as a victim... besides the fact that that is her job.
                  Still, something just didn't smell right.

So, if one were to have the proper tools to search Alabama's court records (as I have already done a few times) and compare a specific defendant in a case like this to similar names in other cases, one might come to the conclusion that this is not the first time said client has had a tussle with the law over prescription meds.

First of all, if there is a trial (usually doesn't come to that) any prior similar offenses are off limits during the actual trial.
                  The only way it would come up is if the defense made reference to prior use, then the door is wide open.

However, if there is a sentencing phase (doubt it will get that far) THEN the prior history is fair game, and that's when the jurors (should they be selected and seated) are generally shocked.

Stay tuned fellowbabies!!!

Comment

Armpits or hineybos?
                    yes

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      yes
                      So, a total of three.

Comment