Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Alabama is prosecuting a mom for taking prescribed medication while pregnant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

You only projecting your own prejudices - nothing more.
    No, he made a valid observation.
    You are only hurting your own credibility, and it was already pretty low.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

And, THEREFORE, we have only ONE SIDE of the story.
      Precisely. Yet you are still maintaining it is "heavily skewed and biased".

And you contend that others are not logical!

"It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

It's ONE SIDED article, because it contains precious little information from "the other side".
        On what evidence are you therefore premising your contention that it is "heavily skewed and biased"?

"It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Precisely. Yet you are still maintaining it is "heavily skewed and biased".

And you contend that others are not logical!
          It begins with a LIE about the offense. But you seem to be very comfortable with lies, so...
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

On what evidence are you therefore premising your contention that it is "heavily skewed and biased"?
            The outright lie of the headline followed by the presentation of only one side of the case.

Comment

It begins with a LIE about the offense. But you seem to be very comfortable with lies, so...
              You seem dreadfully out of sorts because of a mere headline.

This was an op-ed piece. The author then presents known information about the case in her article .
              "It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

You seem dreadfully out of sorts because of a mere headline.

This was an op-ed piece. The author then presents known information about the case in her article .
                "dreadfully out of sorts"?

At this point, I'm going to have to conclude that either...
                A) you're too freakin' STUPID to grasp the concepts discussed
                2) you're an outright who gets her jollies playing dumb just to keep a discussion going.

The readers will come to their own conclusions.

Comment

The outright lie of the headline followed by the presentation of only one side of the case.
                  Yet you have no idea if the article is skewed and biased because you have yet to ascertain all the facts about this case.

You simply leap to conclusions because this case, and particularly its advocate, are in some way offensive to you. Roth works for NAPW and NAPW states that its remit is:

NAPW combines legal advocacy, public education and organizing to achieve a country in which no one is arrested, shamed, or denied constitutional or human rights because they have the capacity for pregnancy, are pregnant, or because of any outcome of their pregnancies — including births, miscarriages, stillbirths and abortions.

[My emphasis] Such policies are an anathema to many like yourself.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Yet you have no idea...
                    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    2) you're an outright who gets her jollies playing dumb just to keep a discussion going.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Of course it is her job. Nobody is faulting her for doing it.

But that does not mean that we're supposed to simply take everything she says at face value. And that is because it is her job to "spin" the truth.
                      Then Cow Poke has no evidence on which to base his contention that the article I cited in the OP was "heavily skewed and biased" because he is not in possession of all the known facts of the case.

However, what has been made clear is that this case confronts his prejudices and I suspect the prejudices of others who have posted to this thread.

I hardly imagine many on the Right [particularly the Christian Right] would endorse the work of the NAPW.
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Then Cow Poke has no evidence on which to base his contention that the article I cited in the OP was "heavily skewed and biased" because he is not in possession of all the known facts of the case.
                        When an article has to begin with an outright lie, one shouldn't be surprised that the rest of that article is just as biased.

The rest of the article attempts to support the lie in the headline.

2) you're an outright ​ who gets her jollies playing dumb just to keep a discussion going.

Comment

When an article has to begin with an outright lie, one shouldn't be surprised that the rest of that article is just as biased.
                          That is mere prejudice. It also ignores some of the tactics behind article headlines

The rest of the article attempts to support the lie in the headline.
                          From that comment I must conclude that either you never read the full article by Ms Donegan or you did not understand it.
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

That is mere prejudice. It also ignores some of the tactics behind article headlines

From that comment I must conclude that either you never read the full article by Ms Donegan or you did not understand it.
                            You keep giving evidence of your profound ignorance of the concept of logic.

It's like you read about the American sterotype "dumb blonde", and decided to personify that stereotype on steroids.

The readers can see for themselves.

Comment

However, what has been made clear is that this case confronts his prejudices and I suspect the prejudices of others who have posted to this thread.

I hardly imagine many on the Right [particularly the Christian Right] would endorse the work of the NAPW.
                              Again trying to play one poster off against the other

The fact that what she was charged with is not what her lawyer claimed in the article, seems to me to be pretty good "evidence on which to base his contention that the article I cited in the OP was "heavily skewed and biased""

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's just your opinion

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment