Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Dare I Say That January 6 Was Not an Insurrection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dare I Say That January 6 Was Not an Insurrection?

This guy explains it really well!

In truth, this canard of “insurrection” does grave damage to the country.

by DOV FISCHER
    August 1, 2021, 12:38 AM
    Pro-Trump protesters occupy the balcony of the Capitol building on January 6, 2021. (Shutterstock/Lev Radin)

Please don’t share this article with anyone except for your neighbors, friends, enemies, relatives, and coworkers — I don’t want to get into trouble — but I remain adamant that January 6 was not an insurrection. To say otherwise is a despicable lie.

Insurrection was not on the mind of anyone serious at the Capitol on January 6. It was a very large demonstration aimed at protesting the way an election was conducted. No matter what anyone thinks of the November 2020 election, there was something wrong with states changing their election laws months, even weeks before balloting. In addition, social media monopolies suppressed the news of the Hunter Biden laptop, which would have been a game changer.

In the face of all that stuff, many thousands came to Washington, D.C. to protest. They did not come to seize the reins of power. There were no U.S. military generals or captains or colonels or lieutenants leading or strategizing a coup. There was no shooting of rifles or taking of hostages. Rather, people came dressed like it was a carnival, such as the men dressed in bear or wolverine outfits.

Anyone who ever has read or learned anything about military coups or Bolshevik-style revolutions knows that January 6 was a demonstration that got out of hand, as did scores of racist, anti-Semitic “Death to the Police” Black Lives Matter demonstrations all summer.

The D.C. Capitol Police proved to be incompetent — something we knew already — and failed to set up sufficient barriers. Consequently, a bunch of angry people in the front lines charged the police barricades and got through, and the throng mindlessly followed them. That is what throngs do. They do it at movies, at restaurants, at soccer games, and at heavy metal concerts.

They burst into the Capitol because that’s where the throng flowed. For 99 percent of those inside, it was pure curiosity. It was like the people who almost tore down the White House when celebrants thronged to fete the newly elected Andrew Jackson.

Remember the guy sitting on Nancy Pelosi’s chair? Do you think he came like John Brown in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, to seize military weapons and incite a national insurrection? Of course not. Be real. The guy was having the time of his life. Or the characters in the crazy outfits?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

by DOV FISCHER
    Pro-Trump protesters occupy the balcony of the Capitol building on January 6, 2021. (Shutterstock/Lev Radin)

Please don’t share this article with anyone except for your neighbors, friends, enemies, relatives, and coworkers — I don’t want to get into trouble — but I remain adamant that January 6 was not an insurrection. To say otherwise is a despicable lie.

Insurrection was not on the mind of anyone serious at the Capitol on January 6. It was a very large demonstration aimed at protesting the way an election was conducted. No matter what anyone thinks of the November 2020 election, there was something wrong with states changing their election laws months, even weeks before balloting. In addition, social media monopolies suppressed the news of the Hunter Biden laptop, which would have been a game changer.

In the face of all that stuff, many thousands came to Washington, D.C. to protest. They did not come to seize the reins of power. There were no U.S. military generals or captains or colonels or lieutenants leading or strategizing a coup. There was no shooting of rifles or taking of hostages. Rather, people came dressed like it was a carnival, such as the men dressed in bear or wolverine outfits.

Anyone who ever has read or learned anything about military coups or Bolshevik-style revolutions knows that January 6 was a demonstration that got out of hand, as did scores of racist, anti-Semitic “Death to the Police” Black Lives Matter demonstrations all summer.

The D.C. Capitol Police proved to be incompetent — something we knew already — and failed to set up sufficient barriers. Consequently, a bunch of angry people in the front lines charged the police barricades and got through, and the throng mindlessly followed them. That is what throngs do. They do it at movies, at restaurants, at soccer games, and at heavy metal concerts.

They burst into the Capitol because that’s where the throng flowed. For 99 percent of those inside, it was pure curiosity. It was like the people who almost tore down the White House when celebrants thronged to fete the newly elected Andrew Jackson.

Remember the guy sitting on Nancy Pelosi’s chair? Do you think he came like John Brown in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, to seize military weapons and incite a national insurrection? Of course not. Be real. The guy was having the time of his life. Or the characters in the crazy outfits?

I'm wondering what they would have called it if these were actual armed and organized militias.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

by DOV FISCHER

If the seizing of city blocks, declaring an autonomous zone no longer part of the U.S. and then shooting and killing anyone who approached "their" land isn't insurrection (armed insurrection even) then January 6th most certainly wasn't.

If a mob storming into the capitol and hold the Speaker of the House a virtual prisoner requiring police to make dozens of arrests to free her isn't insurrection then January 6th most certainly wasn't.

If another mob storming into the capitol during the confirmation hearings of a Supreme Court Justice with the express intent of stopping the Democratic process and (unlike those in January 2021) succeeding in halting it for two days isn't insurrection then January 6th most certainly wasn't.

If during that storming of the capitol (while a similar mob attempted to but failed to invaded the Supreme Court building) a group forced their way onto an elevator where they would not let it move or a U.S. Senator leave until they strongarm coerced him into delaying the Democratic process by employing physical intimidation isn't insurrection then January 6th most certainly wasn't.

It really is that simple.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I'm wondering what they would have called it if these were actual armed and organized militias.
        I think he makes that case that - FACTUALLY, it wasn't an insurrection, but that's what the left has to call it to advance their agenda.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Jan 6 was a small part of a much larger effort by Trump and his co-conspirators to subvert the election and stage a coup. Happily they failed. Trump and many Repubs are still at it, still selling the Big Lie to gullible Americans.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            Jan 6 was a small part of a much larger effort by Trump and his co-conspirators to subvert the election and stage a coup. Happily they failed. Trump and many Repubs are still at it, still selling the Big Lie to gullible Americans.
            Please leave the thread immediately. You are entitled to respond to this post to acknowledge you have been asked to leave, but you are NOT permitted to spew forth additional stupidity.

Go! Be gone. Don't come back.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              The face of insurrection:

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment