Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Oh The Horror!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Do any of you have a problem with the term pregnant women? As far as I know only women can get pregnant.
    Birthing unit.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Typically a society does not turn everything upside down to accommodate a minority that statistically represents less than 1% of the population. Especially when it causes far more problems than it ever fixes.

For instance, a biological boy who identifies as a girl demands to use the girl's restroom at school because he feels uncomfortable using the boy's restroom. So he's allowed to use the girl's restroom and no longer feels uncomfortable.

However, there are certainly a number of girls who now feel very uncomfortable sharing a girl's restroom with a biological male. For the sake of argument, let's say that most of the girls don't have an issue with it. That it is only a small percent, a mere 10% of the girl's who are uncomfortable.

What you ended up doing then by changing everything so as to make one student feel comfortable was to make a minimum of 50+ other students uncomfortable. Why should 50+ students be made uncomfortable just so one student isn't?
      We live in strange times. And they are getting stranger by the week.

Brings to mind R A Heinlein's, Time Enough for Love, or one of the Lazarus Long stories, anyway. Lazarus being termed "the old queer" because he was straight.
      Last edited by tabibito; 08-01-2021, 09:11 AM.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

We live in strange times. And they are getting stranger by the week.
        Back when British General Cornwallis surrendered to George Washington at Yorktown, thereby effectively ending the American Revolutionary War, his troops marched out of Yorktown to the tune "The World Turned Upside Down."

I suggest we make that the theme song for the 21st century.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
          Your use of the term didn't make sense in that context in post #6.
          Yes - I slipped up on that one.

1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Yes - I slipped up on that one.
            Sometimes I mess up on purpose so I can be gracious and allow somebody to correct me, then be the bigger man and admit I goofed.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Sometimes I mess up on purpose so I can be gracious and allow somebody to correct me, then be the bigger man and admit I goofed.

And of course there was that time that you thought you had made a mistake, but it turned out you were wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                And of course there was that time that you thought you had made a mistake, but it turned out you were wrong.
                I wasn't wrrrrrr... wrooooo... wronnnnnn.... I just wasn't exactly 100% particularly perfectly correctomundo.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I wasn't wrrrrrr... wrooooo... wronnnnnn.... I just wasn't exactly 100% particularly perfectly correctomundo.
                  That's funny. I have a similar problem with "saying" that you're riiii... riighhhhh... rrrrrriiiii... That you are completely wrong this one time.

Comment