Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A personal proposition to extend US democracy and improve civics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    And I am perforce left to conclude that you did not carefully read through your work before you submitted it!
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

And I am perforce left to conclude that you did not carefully read through your work before you submitted it!
      Because you suck at logic.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      At this point, I'm going to have to conclude that either...
      A) you're too freakin' STUPID to grasp the concepts discussed
      2) you're an outright who gets her jollies playing dumb just to keep a discussion going.

The readers will come to their own conclusions.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Because you suck at logic.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Please provide a definition of
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And the content of the post is [by definition] part of the discussion.
            In your opinion.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Perchance she does not want citizenship.
              Then perchance she should not insist on the ability to vote if she is refusing to take the steps that would allow her to do so. Because those steps are certainly available. It's like complaining about getting sunburned but refusing to use sunblock.

Comment

That's just your opinion.

Comment

Perchance she does not want citizenship.
                  That's her problem then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

That's just your opinion.
                    The sad thing is that she's probably not even seeing the idiocy of her standard tactics.

Comment

On what evidence from her article are you premising that comment?
                      The fact that she is a citizen of three countries, has lived here more than long enough to become a citizen and give her allegiance to the US, and yet hasn't, and then whines about not being able to vote......

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

The fact that she is a citizen of three countries, has lived here more than long enough to become a citizen and give her allegiance to the US, and yet hasn't, and then whines about not being able to vote......
                        I really don't think people like her have any real concepts of how our political system really works.

We are NOT a "pure democracy", which is often expressed as two foxes and a chicken voting on what to have for lunch.

The left is trying their hardest to turn our system into a "democracy" where "the majority rules" no matter what, and the more people they can have who agree with them, the better.

I only want people to vote who are vested in this country with their citizenship. If they want to legally work here and pay taxes, that's on them.

Comment

I really don't think people like her have any real concepts of how our political system really works.

We are NOT a "pure democracy", which is often expressed as two foxes and a chicken voting on what to have for lunch.

The left is trying their hardest to turn our system into a "democracy" where "the majority rules" no matter what, and the more people they can have who agree with them, the better.

I only want people to vote who are vested in this country with their citizenship. If they want to legally work here and pay taxes, that's on them.
                          They only want "pure democracy" when it benefits them. They are more than happy to ignore or overturn "the will of the majority" when it doesn't benefit them. Remember when Californians passed prop-8, but liberals quickly went to court to overturn it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

They only want "pure democracy" when it benefits them. They are more than happy to ignore or overturn "the will of the majority" when it doesn't benefit them. Remember when Californians passed prop-8, but liberals quickly went to court to overturn it.
                            I guess it boils down to both sides want to fight for the future of our nation. But we have glaringly different views of what that future should be.

Comment