Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A personal proposition to extend US democracy and improve civics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
    If she has lived and worked in New York since 2004 then (I believe) she would fulfill all the requirements for applying for citizenship. After becoming a citizen, someone gains the right to vote. Problem solved!
    The article was discussing extending voting rights beyond citizens [i.e. to those who are settled non-citizens].
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Does that give you some kind of buzz? OF COURSE it's my opinion.

It is also my opinion that you're a knowed-up ditz who has been educated FAR beyond her intelligence. While that's my opinion, I think there's grounds for it all over this board.

In my opinion.
      And your opinion is no more, and no less, valid than that of anyone else.

You are not handing down articles of faith ex cathedra.
      "It ain't necessarily so
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
        And your opinion is no more, and no less, valid than that of anyone else.
        Your absolute obsession with pointing out that opinions are opinions is really getting wearisome.

Nobody cares.

The article is some foreigner's opinion. And it stinks.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You are not handing down articles of faith ex cathedra.
          Nor is the Pope. In my opinion.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yup, and their local experimentionalisticalism shouldn't be thrust above their own jurisdiction. Let them live under their own little governments.
            I just feel sorry for those that have to live through their experiments.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

People who live and work legally in the US are also taxpayers, aren't they?

The article was not discussing those who arrive in the country illegally. Therefore your observations pertaining to that are entirely irrelevant.
              Amazing how you can respond directly to a post that stated

People living in the U.S. who are not citizens also benefit from the same sort of goods and services that taxpayers do with few exceptions.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                I just feel sorry for those that have to live through their experiments.
                I bet many of them are regretting voting in the boobs who cut police funding, and are now experience crime waves.

And I want THOSE idiots voting in national elections?

Comment

Your absolute obsession with pointing out that opinions are opinions is really getting wearisome.

Nobody cares.

The article is some foreigner's opinion. And it stinks.
                  It is simply the opposite of your opinion. Nothing more and nothing less.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

It is simply the opposite of your opinion. Nothing more and nothing less.
                    My opinions are based on fact.
                    Your opinions are based on rumors and emotion and one-sideded testimony of defense attorneys.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Amazing how you can respond directly to a post that stated

People living in the U.S. who are not citizens also benefit from the same sort of goods and services that taxpayers do with few exceptions.

Your phrasing implied that these people were not taxpayers, hence my question, People who live and work legally in the US are also taxpayers, aren't they?

"It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Your phrasing implied that these people were not taxpayers, hence my question, People who live and work legally in the US are also taxpayers, aren't they?

Only if they pay taxes.

(This is Cow Poke)

Comment

My opinions are based on fact.
                          Your opinions are based on rumors and emotion and one-sideded testimony of defense attorneys.

I have no idea if you are familiar with the operettas of Gilbert and Sullivan [although I know they were very popular in the USA] but have you ever considered changing your online avatar to Archibald The All Right? He has a wonderful introductory line when he first meets and woos Patience [in the operetta of the same name]

"I am called Archibald the All-Right for I am infallible".
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

You appear to have that reading comprehension problem that you are all too eager to project onto others.

Comment

I have no idea if you are familiar with the operettas of Gilbert and Sullivan [although I know they were very popular in the USA] but have you ever considered changing your online avatar to Archibald The All Right? He has a wonderful introductory line when he first meets and woos Patience [in the operetta of the same name]

Is this where we're supposed to get all flustered and demand to know what was your motive for posting that?

I just want to know if I'm doing it right.

Comment

Your inability to deal with actual facts is noted.
                                Yet another goofus derail rejected.

(Wait, was this directed at me? Or me brudder? I'm Cow Poke)

Comment