Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Latest "Second Class Citizens" - the Unvaccinated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Have you tried turning off all the lights in the bathroom, closing the door, and staring into the mirror to see if you're glowing?
    No, but every so often -- maybe once every two or three days -- I let out a duck-like quack.

But I suspect that might be more of a roguetech labs & bait shop "project" induced side effect

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      No, but every so often -- maybe once every two or three days -- I let out a duck-like quack.
      Out of which end?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Out of which end?
        One would be more of a toot than a quack. I'll leave you to figure out which would be from which.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post

Well... yeah? With the obvious and usual caveats about those who can't for medical reasons. Obviously I feel pity for those taken in by misinformation largely on social media or mostly right-wing talking heads, but not getting vaccinated if you have no valid medical reason for doing so is setting various countries back unnecessarily.
          I don't see a need to get an experimental vaccine for a virus I am apparently exceedingly unlikely to get.

My wife got COVID while working in a hospital with COVID patients despite taking every possible precaution. I was in intimate or near-intimate contact with her every night except one while she was contagious, yet did not contract it (my test results came back negative).

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            I don't see a need to get an experimental vaccine for a virus I am apparently exceedingly unlikely to get.

My wife got COVID while working in a hospital with COVID patients despite taking every possible precaution. I was in intimate or near-intimate contact with her every night except one while she was contagious, yet did not contract it (my test results came back negative).
            Weird, isn't it? My best friend is -- well, "was," as she retired a few weeks ago -- a caregiver at a group home for mentally challenged people. All of the residents and at least two of the other three staff members got Covid, but she never did. She worked directly with the residents in a very "hands-on" fashion -- showering, changing diapers, etc. She wore a generic mask and, depending on the activity, gloves, and washed and sanitized. No vax.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Weird, isn't it? My best friend is -- well, "was," as she retired a few weeks ago -- a caregiver at a group home for mentally challenged people. All of the residents and at least two of the other three staff members got Covid, but she never did. She worked directly with the residents in a very "hands-on" fashion -- showering, changing diapers, etc. She wore a generic mask and, depending on the activity, gloves, and washed and sanitized. No vax.
              It simply makes no sense - my daughter, the Hospice Nurse Trainer, also works very closely with COVID patients - she had a VERY MILD case of COVID for about 2 days in January, about the same time I did. My case was all of 1 hour, mild headache, "fever" of 100.1.

No rhyme or reason why some get it so badly (fatally) and others either breeze through it, or seem naturally immune.

On an entirely unscientific observation type thing --- almost all of the people I know who are of the "second class" (get it?) above are O+. (Wife, daughter and myself included)
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It simply makes no sense - my daughter, the Hospice Nurse Trainer, also works very closely with COVID patients - she had a VERY MILD case of COVID for about 2 days in January, about the same time I did. My case was all of 1 hour, mild headache, "fever" of 100.1.

No rhyme or reason why some get it so badly (fatally) and others either breeze through it, or seem naturally immune.

On an entirely unscientific observation type thing --- almost all of the people I know who are of the "second class" (get it?) above are O+. (Wife, daughter and myself included)
                Which is why I suspect that a lot more people contracted the China flu than we realize. Someone who feels a little "off" for a day or two probably wouldn't even bother getting tested. I know I wouldn't.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

One might opine that a particular interpretation of liberty focuses solely on the rights of the individual while another interpretation is concerned with respecting the rights of others not to contract a disease from an unvaccinated carrier.

Mary Mallon [aka Typhoid Mary] comes to mind.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  The things that you're liable
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life
                  Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                    One might opine that a particular interpretation of liberty focuses solely on the rights of the individual while another interpretation is concerned with respecting the rights of others not to contract a disease from an unvaccinated carrier.

Mary Mallon [aka Typhoid Mary] comes to mind.
                    While nobody has a right to knowingly (key word) spread a disease, on the flip side, nobody has a general right not to get sick.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Biden grappling with 'pandemic of the unvaccinated'

WASHINGTON (AP) — Two weeks after celebrating America’s near “independence” from the coronavirus, President Joe Biden is confronting the worrying reality of rising cases and deaths — and the limitations of his ability to combat the persistent vaccine hesitance responsible for the summer backslide.

Cases of COVID-19 have tripled over the past three weeks, and hospitalizations and deaths are rising among unvaccinated people. While the rates are still sharply down from their January highs, officials are concerned by the reversing trendlines and what they consider needless illness and death. And cases are expected to continue to rise in coming weeks.

While the national emergency may have faded, officials say the outbreak is now a more localized crisis in communities where not enough people have rolled up their sleeves.

“Look, the only pandemic we have is among the unvaccinated,” Biden said Friday, echoing comments made earlier in the day by Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The Biden Administration is trying to change the focus of the COVID crisis to the "unvaccinated".

The "unvaccinated" are about to be the newest group of "Second Class Citizens", and the blame goes on them. IF the Biden WH gets its way.
                      The focus should be on the unvaccinated, because they represent over 90% of the hospitalizations and deaths.
                      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Which is why I suspect that a lot more people contracted the China flu than we realize. Someone who feels a little "off" for a day or two probably wouldn't even bother getting tested. I know I wouldn't.
                        The ONLY reason I bothered to get a test after my very brief very mild "symptoms" was because I'm in contact with lots of elderly people on a regular basis.

Out of an abundance of caution, I went ahead and got tested, and was really gut-kicked when I saw the "POSITIVE" result on my phone. I felt a tightness in my chest, a queasiness in my gut..... then I thought - WAIT... I was fine just a minute ago!!!

So, supposedly, I'm immune for... who knows how long? Nobody seems to be able to provide straight answers!

Comment

The ONLY reason I bothered to get a test after my very brief very mild "symptoms" was because I'm in contact with lots of elderly people on a regular basis.

Out of an abundance of caution, I went ahead and got tested, and was really gut-kicked when I saw the "POSITIVE" result on my phone. I felt a tightness in my chest, a queasiness in my gut..... then I thought - WAIT... I was fine just a minute ago!!!

So, supposedly, I'm immune for... who knows how long? Nobody seems to be able to provide straight answers!
                          There have been people who had already been sick with the Chicom coronavirus who got reinfected with it, but I don't think there is agreement on why. Rather several theories where it's also possible its a little bit of some or all of them

Of course that was last month...

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            There have been people who had already been sick with the Chicom coronavirus who got reinfected with it, but I don't think there is agreement on why. Rather several theories where it's also possible its a little bit of some or all of them

Of course that was last month...
                            That's just it -- my own doctor is bumfuzzled at the conflicting information she gets, and she's convinced MUCH of it is political, and the "current wisdom" is only "current" for a news cycle or two.

Comment

My friend is A+.

I just read two WebMD articles, one from March 3 of this year, the other a month later, April 5. The first cited a study giving "further" evidence that blood type likely matters, with type A being more at risk. The second said that blood type does not seem to matter at all.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

While nobody has a right to knowingly (key word) spread a disease, on the flip side, nobody has a general right not to get sick.
                                The point being that while an unvaccinated individual might have mild, or even no, symptoms themselves they could potentially cause another individual with whom they came into contact to become seriously ill, or even die,.
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                The things that you're liable
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life
                                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment