Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Latest "Second Class Citizens" - the Unvaccinated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Latest "Second Class Citizens" - the Unvaccinated

Biden grappling with 'pandemic of the unvaccinated'

WASHINGTON (AP) — Two weeks after celebrating America’s near “independence” from the coronavirus, President Joe Biden is confronting the worrying reality of rising cases and deaths — and the limitations of his ability to combat the persistent vaccine hesitance responsible for the summer backslide.

Cases of COVID-19 have tripled over the past three weeks, and hospitalizations and deaths are rising among unvaccinated people. While the rates are still sharply down from their January highs, officials are concerned by the reversing trendlines and what they consider needless illness and death. And cases are expected to continue to rise in coming weeks.

While the national emergency may have faded, officials say the outbreak is now a more localized crisis in communities where not enough people have rolled up their sleeves.

“Look, the only pandemic we have is among the unvaccinated,” Biden said Friday, echoing comments made earlier in the day by Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The Biden Administration is trying to change the focus of the COVID crisis to the "unvaccinated".

The "unvaccinated" are about to be the newest group of "Second Class Citizens", and the blame goes on them. IF the Biden WH gets its way.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I'm honestly not sure what to make of it. The "new" CDC finding seems to be a contradiction of that. Since the article you linked to is about two weeks old, they may be shifting tactics, but I honestly can't say for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      I'm honestly not sure what to make of it. The "new" CDC finding seems to be a contradiction of that. Since the article you linked to is about two weeks old, they may be shifting tactics, but I honestly can't say for sure.
      It seems to be changing all the time -- they can't seem to keep their story straight, and they seem to be releasing policy as a knee-jerk reaction to events without gathering data.

And the CDC and the WH can't seem to sing from the same hymnal.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        The "unvaccinated" are about to be the newest group of "Second Class Citizens", and the blame goes on them. IF the Biden WH gets its way.
        Well... yeah? With the obvious and usual caveats about those who can't for medical reasons. Obviously I feel pity for those taken in by misinformation largely on social media or mostly right-wing talking heads, but not getting vaccinated if you have no valid medical reason for doing so is setting various countries back unnecessarily.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post

Well... yeah? With the obvious and usual caveats about those who can't for medical reasons. Obviously I feel pity for those taken in by misinformation largely on social media or mostly right-wing talking heads, but not getting vaccinated if you have no valid medical reason for doing so is setting various countries back unnecessarily.
          Millions of people already had COVID - why should they get vaccinated?
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Millions of people already had COVID - why should they get vaccinated?
            And many of those millions are being told by their physicians to wait and not get vaccinated yet.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              And many of those millions are being told by their physicians to wait and not get vaccinated yet.
              I didn't anyway because it nearly killed me the first time...
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

...not getting vaccinated if you have no valid medical reason for doing so...
                Personally, I consider the fact that the vaccines are experimental with a disproportionately high rate of serious short term side effects and an unknown number of long term side effects to be a medically valid reason to not be vaccinated. Not to mention the fact that a large number of people are still being hospitalized for the China flu even after getting "The Jab". England's health minister recently suggested that as many as 40% of recent China flu hospitalizations are people who are fully vaccinated.

For those keeping score at home, if you receive the China flu vaccine: 1) There is a disproportionately high risk compared to other vaccines that you will suffer a negative outcome; 2) There's a high chance that it won't actually prevent you from becoming seriously ill from the China flu; 3) You are still expected to wear a face diaper and flee human contact as if you were vaccinated.

On the plus side, the pharmaceutical companies aren't charging test subjects to participate in the vaccine trials, so that's something, right?
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

That certainly is MY case.

Comment

Well... yeah? With the obvious and usual caveats about those who can't for medical reasons....
                    The low-life scum-bag divisiveness of this POTUS makes no such exception with the sweeping "pandemic of the unvaccinated" remark.

It almost has a "screw you for your own excuses - it's the MASSES you need to care about"!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

That certainly is MY case.
                      And unless they flipflopped on this as well, the CDC was backing that.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I am one of the millions who have received the vaccinations with no reaction. My wife had a sore arm, but I didn't even have that. I had both Pfizer vaccinations. I realize that there is a slim possibility of coming down with covid, but thank God that risk is much smaller now that my wife and I have received our shots.
                        When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                          I am one of the millions who have received the vaccinations with no reaction. My wife had a sore arm, but I didn't even have that. I had both Pfizer vaccinations. I realize that there is a slim possibility of coming down with covid, but thank God that risk is much smaller now that my wife and I have received our shots.
                          And I am very seriously considering it, because my job requires me to be around quite a few at-risk elderly, but so far, doc still says no. I check weekly.

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                            My left shoulder has mild arthritis centered a couple inches from the injection site (Pfizer).

After the first, my shoulder was a little sorer the next day, but it was well within the range of how it felt on any given day.

After the second, the pain level remained steady but I noticed that the site and surrounding area was warm to the touch, which I supposed is to be expected.

That was it.

Comment

My left shoulder has mild arthritis centered a couple inches from the injection site (Pfizer).

After the first, my shoulder was a little sorer the next day, but it was well within the range of how it felt on any given day.

After the second, the pain level remained steady but I noticed that the site and surrounding area was warm to the touch, which I supposed is to be expected.

That was it.
                              Have you tried turning off all the lights in the bathroom, closing the door, and staring into the mirror to see if you're glowing?

Comment