Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ashli Babbitt’s Mom Speaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

That has no bearing on what you originally wrote. Furthermore, attempting to argue by selected instances is fallacious.
    So stop the attempts to argue by selected instances and get back to the fact that an (officially) unidentified police officer shot and killed an unarmed civilian with no apparent consequence whatsoever.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Invading the Capitol in an attempt to prevent a democratic process taking place is not precisely the same as "guaranteed rights to peaceably assemble and to petition the government for redress of grievances".
      So when will we see the trials of the two leftwing mobs that invaded the Capitol in 2018.

The first one was led even by the little darling of the left, AOC. The same damsel in distress who was terrorized and traumatized by the Jan. 6 protestors. Who was afraid for her life -- even though they were never even in the same building at any timesmiley snicker.gif

Unquestionably guilty of unlawful detention of a federal official. Something that would get most of us in some deep doo-doo.

And of course we had an angry mob storm the Capitol during the Kavanaugh confirmation hearing -- with the expressed intent to "prevent a democratic process taking place."

Their behavior was so bad that it even caused now VP Kamala Harris to scold her fellow travelers and declare, "We will not be bullied," as well as resulting in hundreds being arrested after they swarmed into the Senate buildings and galleries, including the Russell Senate Office Building rotunda, during session.

Note that they didn't enter empty chambers like the January 1st crowd, but rather the hearing itself.

Moreover, a couple of them even forcibly entered an elevator with then Senator Jeff Flake, refusing to let allow to either leave or the elevator to move -- literally holding a Senator hostage -- until they could coerce through physical intimidation a promise to ask the FBI to do yet another background check into Kavanaugh. One that yet again found nothing and "prevent a democratic process taking place" for a couple of days.

How long was it that the January 1st mob delayed anything?

Also, the MSM hailed that confrontation where he was likely in far greater danger than AOC and her drama queen act ever was (not even being in the same building), which the same media was incredibly sympathetic toward.

Finally, I should note that another mob tried to storm the Supreme Court building at the same time that the horde invaded the Senate, but didn't succeed.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        So when will we see the trials of the two leftwing mobs that invaded the Capitol in 2018.

The first one was led even by the little darling of the left, AOC. The same damsel in distress who was terrorized and traumatized by the Jan. 6 protestors. Who was afraid for her life -- even though they were never even in the same building at any timesmiley snicker.gif

Unquestionably guilty of unlawful detention of a federal official. Something that would get most of us in some deep doo-doo.

And of course we had an angry mob storm the Capitol during the Kavanaugh confirmation hearing -- with the expressed intent to "prevent a democratic process taking place."

Their behavior was so bad that it even caused now VP Kamala Harris to scold her fellow travelers and declare, "We will not be bullied," as well as resulting in hundreds being arrested after they swarmed into the Senate buildings and galleries, including the Russell Senate Office Building rotunda, during session.

Note that they didn't enter empty chambers like the January 1st crowd, but rather the hearing itself.

Moreover, a couple of them even forcibly entered an elevator with then Senator Jeff Flake, refusing to let allow to either leave or the elevator to move -- literally holding a Senator hostage -- until they could coerce through physical intimidation a promise to ask the FBI to do yet another background check into Kavanaugh. One that yet again found nothing and "prevent a democratic process taking place" for a couple of days.

How long was it that the January 1st mob delayed anything?

Also, the MSM hailed that confrontation where he was likely in far greater danger than AOC and her drama queen act ever was (not even being in the same building), which the same media was incredibly sympathetic toward.

Finally, I should note that another mob tried to storm the Supreme Court building at the same time that the horde invaded the Senate, but didn't succeed.
        Liberal: but, but but..... those were OUR insurrectionists!!!!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Do you consider the events of 6 January to have been lawful and peaceful?
          The killing of an unarmed woman by an (officially) unnamed police officer would be a notable exception.

In fact, contrary to the left's oft repeated lie about a "Capitol Police Officer bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher", this is the only violent act that ended in death.

Comment

Today I stumbled across an excellent 40 minute documentary, produced by the New York Times, about the January 6th attack on the Capitol Building. It was released on July 1, and took six months of investigation to produce. They analyzed thousands of videos and produced a very detailed timeline of what happened when.

The events leading up to the death of Ashli Babbitt are succinctly covered in the 3 minutes from 25m 30s to 28m 30s.

It is impossible to watch this video and conclude that the protesters were peaceful.

"My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
            "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
              Today I stumbled across an excellent 40 minute documentary, produced by the New York Times, about the January 6th attack on the Capitol Building. It was released on July 1, and took six months of investigation to produce. They analyzed thousands of videos and produced a very detailed timeline of what happened when.

The events leading up to the death of Ashli Babbitt are succinctly covered in the 3 minutes from 25m 30s to 28m 30s.

It is impossible to watch this video and conclude that the protesters were peaceful.

You would have had a totally different view if it were one of the BLM rioters assaulting police that was shot and killed. In fact, we know there would be buildings ablaze and stores looted as a result.

Comment

Who argues they were peaceful? Maybe no worse or not as bad as what the country endured for months on end last year -- but certainly not peaceful.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

This thread is not about the whole event, but specifically focused on the fatal shooting of an unarmed woman by an (officially) unnamed police officer.

There is plenty of video of that specific episode showing the shooter in an apparent panic mode, there are officers immediately behind Babitt, unknown to the shooter, apparently, because of his very unprofessional handling of this incident.

Please try to stay on topic. If you'd like to start a thread on this "40 minute documentary", you are certainly free to do so.

Comment

OK, so I watched the portion of the video that pertains to the fatal shooting of the unarmed woman.

A) There were officers inside (with the protesters) guarding the door.
                    2) The video clearly states that "heavily armed police officers" arrive (28 minutes) and the three officers who were guarding the door step aside.

Apparently, there was no communication between the shooter and the "heavily armed police officers", and you can clearly see the shooter changing his grip in his handgun, apparently in a nervous fashion, and he does nothing to identify himself as a police officer, or to warn there will be deadly consequences - but he dodges in and out of cover, fires, and kills the unarmed protester.

By the way - you are duty bound when presenting videos with profanity - particularly the F bomb - to post a warning as to the content.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

You would have had a totally different view if it were one of the BLM rioters assaulting police that was shot and killed. In fact, we know there would be buildings ablaze and stores looted as a result.
                      But that's OK, because 'we understand their angst'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

This thread is not about the whole event, but specifically focused on the fatal shooting of an unarmed woman by an (officially) unnamed police officer.

There is plenty of video of that specific episode showing the shooter in an apparent panic mode, there are officers immediately behind Babitt, unknown to the shooter, apparently, because of his very unprofessional handling of this incident.

Please try to stay on topic. If you'd like to start a thread on this "40 minute documentary", you are certainly free to do so.
                        Let's not forget the pictures showing the likely shooter right before going out and shooting Babbitt. With his pistol aiming in various directions -- finger inside the trigger guard IIRC -- looking like someone on the verge of panicking.

And then acting like someone who's experience of actually handling a firearm is mostly when they bought it and when they stuck it in the closet or sock drawer. As a terror-stricken civilian who panic shot at the first thing that moved.

One can only hope his current assignment is where a firearm is not needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Let's not forget the pictures showing the likely shooter right before going out and shooting Babbitt. With his pistol aiming in various directions -- finger inside the trigger guard IIRC -- looking like someone on the verge of panicking.

And then acting like someone who's experience of actually handling a firearm is mostly when they bought it and when they stuck it in the closet or sock drawer. As a terror-stricken civilian who panic shot at the first thing that moved.

One can only hope his current assignment is where a firearm is not needed.
                          While I can't be absolutely certain it's the same man, I would say that "beyond a reasonable doubt", it is.

Yes, we discussed this at great length in an earlier thread, and whoever he is, I don't believe he was a trained police officer. He was more likely "garrett trooper" - somebody who was supposed to look important and maybe do guided tours or diplomatic stuff.

Nothing about his body language says "trained and experienced police officer".

Comment

• Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

So, as I said in another thread -

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Wow --- watched the whole thing this time. Thanks, Sean ---

A video that was introduced on Tweb to somehow justify the fatal shooting of an unarmed woman by a police officer shows, instead, damning evidence of a "security plan" so lacking that it really gives credence to the "we ALLOWED them to riot" because it fit the agenda of the left.

We saw this in Baltimore, where the nutty Mayor 'handcuffed' the police to keep them from doing their jobs.

Baltimore Mayor Gave Rioters “Space to Destroy”

BLAKE: I’ve made it very clear that I, um, work with the police and instructed them to do everything that they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their, uh, right to free speech. It’s a very delicate balancing act because while we, uh, try to make that they were protected from the cars and the other, y’know, things that were going on. We also gave those who wished to destroy, space to do that as well.
                            THANKS, Reepie, for bringing this to our attention. I don't think you realize that what it actually shows is the colossal failure of the White House to plan for problems they KNEW were coming --- and the failure was so egregious that it almost HAS to be on purpose.

It was in that chaos they allowed that an unarmed woman was the ONLY fatality that day due to violence - and THAT at the hands of a Capitol Police Officer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              THANKS, Reepie, for bringing this to our attention. I don't think you realize that what it actually shows is the colossal failure of the White House to plan for problems they KNEW were coming --- and the failure was so egregious that it almost HAS to be on purpose.
                              Who was president at the time?
                              "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                              "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

Who was president at the time?
                                Ah.... Trump gave the order for the Capital Police to suck at their job, eh?

Do you think, if there was even a SHRED of evidence of that, that you would have to be asking instead of telling?

That, sir, would be major headlines, and the Democrats wouldn't have to keep trying to breathe life into the outright lie that "a Capitol Police Officer was bludgeoned to death by a fire extinguisher".

Comment