Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ashli Babbitt’s Mom Speaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You can post art. I like you.
    Can I post some of Hunter's works?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      FWIU, there had been several such warnings issued by the cops who ended up stepping aside to allow them to proceed.
      But apparently the shooter didn't know that there were officers on the other side of the door -- especially those heavily armed ones who had just arrived -- and nobody was attempting to pull her back from their side of the door.

When you look at those cops who "stepped aside", they're just passively standing there amongst the punches to the glass doors.

You have to look at what the shooter knew, saw, and experienced with regards to his own actions.

I've been on a number of "shooting boards", and the subject of one myself --- anything other than what the officer saw, heard, experienced.... doesn't count.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

But apparently the shooter didn't know that there were officers on the other side of the door -- especially those heavily armed ones who had just arrived -- and nobody was attempting to pull her back from their side of the door.

When you look at those cops who "stepped aside", they're just passively standing there amongst the punches to the glass doors.

You have to look at what the shooter knew, saw, and experienced with regards to his own actions.

I've been on a number of "shooting boards", and the subject of one myself --- anything other than what the officer saw, heard, experienced.... doesn't count.
        I'm merely commenting on the statement that ""terrorists" were repeatedly warned to stay back" being false.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• So it comes down to this....

An officer is trained in the use and restraint of deadly force (or should be), and has a terrible burden to use (or not use) it judiciously.

When he employs deadly force, there's a "shooting board" to determine whether it was a "righteous shoot".

Whether or not the victim was a member of HateTrumpAllTheTime or TrumpIsMySavior is absolutely inconsequential -- the officer has no way of knowing that at the time.

I have seen ZERO evidence that the shooter issued any warnings, or identified himself as a police officer.

We see the video of his hands nervously clutching the weapon, and we believe we saw the same behavior when he was supposedly protecting politicians in another room, putting them at risk by the way he was mishandling his weapon.

The left cries "we can't release the name of the shooter because the victim has become a saint, and his life would be in jeopardy".

WHY has the victim "become a saint"? Because she was (as the left would say) "gunned down in cold blood", and the shooter faces no consequences.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Can I post some of Hunter's works?
            Absolutely.

Comment

I'm merely commenting on the statement that ""terrorists" were repeatedly warned to stay back" being false.
              OK, read it again, and still not getting it, but

Comment

WHY has the victim "become a saint"? Because she was (as the left would say) "gunned down in cold blood", and the shooter faces no consequences.
                Along with championing free speech, yet another thing the left has been gleefully tossing under the bus if it means power.

Comment

Along with championing free speech, yet another thing the left has been gleefully tossing under the bus if it means power.
                  That, too! The left doesn't even try to hide anymore the notion that free speech is ONLY for the left, and all others must be silenced.

Comment

So it comes down to this....

An officer is trained in the use and restraint of deadly force (or should be), and has a terrible burden to use (or not use) it judiciously.

When he employs deadly force, there's a "shooting board" to determine whether it was a "righteous shoot".

Whether or not the victim was a member of HateTrumpAllTheTime or TrumpIsMySavior is absolutely inconsequential -- the officer has no way of knowing that at the time.

I have seen ZERO evidence that the shooter issued any warnings, or identified himself as a police officer.

We see the video of his hands nervously clutching the weapon, and we believe we saw the same behavior when he was supposedly protecting politicians in another room, putting them at risk by the way he was mishandling his weapon.

The left cries "we can't release the name of the shooter because the victim has become a saint, and his life would be in jeopardy".

well this time the shooter was black and the shootee was white. completely different rules. duh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

well this time the shooter was black and the shootee was white. completely different rules. duh.
                      And it was a democrat agent* against an Expendable Republican Crew Member.

*don't know his politics, but he was operating on behalf of the Democrats

Comment

• And instead of the sob sisters drama queen act, he was someone who should have been subpoenaed to testify. And don't give me the crap about anonymity. Congress has had folks testifying behind screens to protect their identity longer than any of us have been around.

Excluding mossy of course.

Comment

And instead of the sob sisters drama queen act, he was someone who should have been subpoenaed to testify. And don't give me the crap about anonymity. Congress has had folks testifying behind screens to protect their identity longer than any of us have been around.

Excluding mossy of course.
                          IF I were one of his protectees at the Capitol, I would ask for an alternate protector.

That guy is threat to those he protects, and has demonstrated incredible unprofessionalism and fear.

Scared cops are extremely dangerous.

Comment

You really should change your name to Psycho Missing.

Show me the proof that she - the unarmed woman who was shot dead - had been warned to back away.
                            Did you actually WATCH the video?

There are cops standing in front of her not stopping the demonstrators from beating on the doors, they are NOT warning her to get back.
                            They're pretty much just standing there while people beat on the windows and smash them out.
                            Perhaps they knew that help was on the way, because the "heavily armed" police show up and they step aside.

The "heavily armed police" do nothing to stop her from attempting to climb through the window.

The shooter does not appear to do anything such as "repeatedly warn" her --- you can see him darting in and out of cover, nervously changing the grip on his weapon, then he shoots.

Not even knowing that his "heavily armed" buddies are on the other side of the door.

If you have proof that the shooter identified himself and clearly commanded her to stop - "repeatedly warning" her, as you say, then put up or shut up.

Yes, the shooter was unprofessional and undisciplined both in THIS incident, and earlier when he was dangerously handling his weapon with his own protectees in his line of fire.
                            Not only "unprofessional and undisciplined" but outright dangerous.
                            Thomas Baranyi's testimony and the people in the crowd telling those trying to breach the barricade that the officer had a gun. Even if there was no warning, breaching a barricaded perimeter like that warrants getting shot as it otherwise allows for the entire mob to rush through and everyone taking shelter's lives would be in danger.

Comment

So we should continue to cover up what happened -- an obvious instance of a trigger-happy cop, who if the victim wasn't a Trump supporter and perhaps not white, your ilk would be screaming bloody murder over -- because the truth might embolden some nut cases.

Do you really want to take that stand?

It wasn't trigger-happy, it was completely and totally justified, The name being withheld isn't a cover up, the facts of the case are plain to all to see. What specifically is there to gain for anybody if the shooter's name is released?

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post

It wasn't trigger-happy, it was completely and totally justified,
                                At least one thread-participant with direct law-enforcement experience has repeatedly asserted *and explained* a diametrically opposed view.

The name being withheld isn't a cover up, the facts of the case are plain to all to see. What specifically is there to gain for anybody if the shooter's name is released?
                                If nothing else, parity for the release of names of police who shot, e.g., Michael Brown and George Floyd.

Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment