Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Select Committee Hearing on January 6th riot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Sorry, but one of the cops did just that.
    PLEASE tell me you're kidding!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It turns out that the Trump supporter who threw a fire extinguisher at the police, Robert Sanford, is a retired member of the Chester Pennsylvania Fire Department. He was turned in to the FBI by a friend (who is now, most likely, a former friend). Sanford has been charged with: knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority; disorderly or disruptive conduct on Capitol grounds, civil disorder; assaulting, resisting, or impeding certain officers while engaged in the performance of official duties. The last I heard Sanford was under house arrest and awaiting trial.

"My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
      "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
        It turns out that the Trump supporter who threw a fire extinguisher at the police, Robert Sanford, is a retired member of the Chester Pennsylvania Fire Department. He was turned in to the FBI by a friend (who is now, most likely, a former friend). Sanford has been charged with: knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority; disorderly or disruptive conduct on Capitol grounds, civil disorder; assaulting, resisting, or impeding certain officers while engaged in the performance of official duties. The last I heard Sanford was under house arrest and awaiting trial.

But you do agree that the number of capitol officers "bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher" is exactly zero, yes?

ETA: And that a protester was needlessly shot to death by a capitol police officer.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

But you do agree that the number of capitol officers "bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher" is exactly zero, yes?

ETA: And that a protester was needlessly shot to death by a capitol police officer.
          If that terminally rebutted claim is again surfacing in actual testimony...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
            In response to right-wing pundits mocking his testimony, today one of the officers said the following:

"I've spent quite a bit of time in my career testifying in court, and I always felt most comfortable when defense attorneys resorted to theatrical tactics because I knew that they no longer had facts to support their argument, and so they had to insult me, insult my appearance, or try to chip away at my credibility. But in this case the facts are the facts, they are supported by hundreds of hours of videotape evidence, Eye witness testimony. They are undisputable, so if they want to disparage me, or call me a member of Antifa, or talk about my neck tattoos, I couldn't care less. What does concern me is the fact that those entertainers have an audience, and that audience takes their words and the rhetoric that they use as more than just entertainment. They think it's real, and that thought process has real life consequences, and we saw the result of that on January 6th." - Officer Michael Fanone, DC Metropolitan Police
            Standard Democrat schtick - accuse the other side of what you're doing.
            As an aside, Officer Fanone today released a recording of a voice message that was left for him while he was testifying:

<snip crude full frontal assault>

A very eloquent criticism of Fanone's testimony. I think Trump may have found his next press secretary...
            So, worst case, Officer Drama Queen released the statement of a nutter criticizing him. On the other hand, for all we know this could be another Jussie Smollett scenario.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Yes, that is what I was commenting about. Hand-picked drama queens with statements obviously written for them.
              Very sad tragic commentary on the reality of the violence on January 6.
              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

PLEASE tell me you're kidding!!!
                Nope.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  Standard Democrat schtick - accuse the other side of what you're doing.

So, worst case, Officer Drama Queen released the statement of a nutter criticizing him. On the other hand, for all we know this could be another Jussie Smollett scenario.
                  Given the staged performances that possibility cannot be dismissed

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

If the violence was so much worse than what the country was subjected to throughout the Summer last year, then why do the Democrats feel it necessary to "spice it up" with proven lies?

They're busy pulling nails out of the coffin out of the dead and buried hoax about Sicknick dying as a result of being bashed over the head with a fire extinguisher.

It. NEVER. HAPPENED.

But apparently the left realizes that their histrionics aren't warranted unless they lie.

And that folks, should tell you everything you need to know about this "investigation."

Comment

Originally posted by one bad pig View Post
                      ​ standard democrat schtick - accuse the other side of what you're doing.

So, worst case, officer drama queen released the statement of a nutter criticizing him. On the other hand, for all we know this could be another jussie smollett scenario.
                      Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      given the staged performances that possibility cannot be dismissed

kinzinger-crying-like-justin-smollett.jpg

Comment

Source: Washington Publishes Margaret Sullivan: Cease ‘Honest-Minded’ Protection of January 6 Hearings

It isn’t precisely information that Washington Publish media columnist Margaret Sullivan needs journalists to ditch objectivity. What’s new is Sullivan’s excessive urgency in begging journalists to reject any sense of professionalism as a result of American democracy is at stake. “It is now or by no means!” I child you not.

Sullivan made her all fingers on deck Defcon-1 pitch to ditch objectivity primarily based on the supposedly distinctive emergency brought on by the occasions of January 6 in her inadvertently humorous Wednesday column, “Our democracy is under attack. Washington journalists must stop covering it like politics as usual.”

THE DEMOCRATIC MANAGEMENT HAS BEEN MAKING AN ATTEMPT TO ASSEMBLE A BIPARTISAN PANEL THAT WILL RESEARCH THAT MOB ASSAULT ON OUR DEMOCRACY AND ENSURE IT’S BY NO MEANS REPEATED. REPUBLICAN LEADERS, IN THE MEANTIME, HAVE BEEN MAKING AN ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE INVESTIGATION, CYNICALLY REQUESTING THAT TWO CONGRESSMEN WHO BACKED EFFORTS TO INVALIDATE THE ELECTION BE ALLOWED TO HITCH THE FEE, THEN BOYCOTTING IT SOLELY. AND THE MEDIA HAS PERFORMED STRAIGHT INTO REPUBLICANS’ FINGERS, SEEMINGLY INCAPABLE OF FRAMING THIS AS SOMETHING HOWEVER BASE POLITICAL DRAMA.

Truly many of the media has been slanting their protection in opposition to the Republicans (as normal) however that is not sufficient for Torquemada Sullivan, who’s on a private inquisition to root out any trace of objectivity even when it would not exist.

MAINSTREAM JOURNALISTS NEED THEIR WORK TO BE PERCEIVED AS FAIR-MINDED AND NONPARTISAN. THEY NEED TO DEFEND THEMSELVES IN OPPOSITION TO COSTS OF BIAS. IN ORDER THAT THEY EQUALIZE THE UNEQUAL. THIS OBSERVE APPEARS SO INGRAINED AS TO BE UNRESOLVABLE.

THERE’S A METHOD OUT.
                        HOWEVER IT REQUIRES THE MANAGEMENT OF REPORTS ORGANIZATIONS TO RADICALLY REFRAME THE MISSION OF ITS WASHINGTON PROTECTION. AS A POTENTIAL PLACE TO BEGIN, I’LL PROVIDE THESE SUGGESTIONS:

And now Sullivan offers helpful dandy tricks to journalists on how one can obtain a “method out” from that nasty objectivity.

TOSS OUT THE INSIDIOUS "INSIDE-POLITICS" BODY AND SUBSTITUTE IT WITH A “PRO-DEMOCRACY” BODY.

CEASE CALLING THE REPORTERS WHO COWL THESE ITEMS "POLITICAL REPORTERS." BEGIN CALLING THEM "AUTHORITIES REPORTERS."

CEASE ASKING WHO THE WINNERS AND LOSERS HAD BEEN WITHIN THE NEWEST SKIRMISH. BEGIN ASKING WHO’S SERVING THE DEMOCRACY AND WHO’S UNDERMINING IT.

Lastly her attraction to patriotism for these journalists with any reluctance to behave unprofessionally:

CEASE BEING “SAVVY” AND BEGIN BEING PATRIOTIC.

Additionally it is not new that Sullivan claims it’s patriotic to be openly biased. She proclaims it’s unpatriotic to be “savvy” (or curious) concerning the occasions of January 6. Curiosity about, say, why was the FBI so unprepared for an occasion that was on everyone’s radar. If you happen to even ponder asking questions on issues equivalent to that, simply shut up! You aren’t being patriotic.

And it is patriotic for journalists to be ardent left-wing activists as a result of the way forward for our nation will depend on it. Take it from Sullivan in her apocalyptic drama queen conclusion:

FOR THE SAKE OF AMERICAN DEMOCRACY, IT’S NOW OR BY NO MEANS.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

It's nothing new for Sullivan to claim that you must support leftwing Marxist nuttery to be patriotic but she's really laying it on thick here. For someone like Sullivan, pointing out that the claim repeated at these "hearings" that Sicknick was killed as a result of being bashed over the head with a fire extinguisher, was completely debunked is nothing less than treason.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

You are right, their testimony was tragically overblown drama queenery

Comment

cry-closet-safe-spaces.jpg

I'm surprised they were even able to return the job and didn't retire on disability.
                            Last edited by rogue06; 07-29-2021, 10:09 AM.

Comment

cry-closet-safe-spaces.jpg

I'm surprised they were even able to return the job and didn't retire on disability.
                              So if these capitol cops were so traumatized by a group of right-wing rioters over the course of a couple of hours on one day, what about all of the real cops all over the country having to deal with months of violent riots all over the country? Including being shot at, having things including Molotov cocktails thrown at them, etc. And even being killed. Why don't the Democrats care about them?

Comment

Which is why I made an earlier suggestion

[...]

Maybe, for a change they might talk to some of the federal agents stationed in say Portland and ask them about their experiences. Just in Portland, of the approximately 140 federal agents assigned to guard the federal courthouse (since the local cops had been ordered to stand down) there were at least 277 injuries (IIRC, those are ones requiring medical attention). But nothing to see there, right?

Some cops out there faced months of having rocks pelting them, commercial fireworks launched at them, high-power lasers shined in their eyes in an attempt at permanently blinding them, etc. all on a nightly basis. But these buttercups fold after a couple of hours.

Comment